SOTD w/c Sat 31ST March- Fri 6TH April. incl.

Gillette New open comb 1930s replated
Red Personna (second shave)
Baby oil
Trumper's Coconut oil cream
M&S Harvard aftershave lotion

Very nice shave. Tomorrow I'm getting married. I don't normally do this but I have already planned what I will be using - essentially the best/most upmarket stuff I have (in my opinion):
Gillette Aristocrat No. 16
1960s Gillette Platinum blade
Kent (MWF) soap

Although there are two or three equally worthy candidates for blade and soap/cream... see what, if anything, I swap on the day. I might even use my Schick Injector with those excellent Gillette Platinum Plus blades... I haven't really planned this at all, have I? :)

Friday:

Gillette #58
Feather
Neep box wood silvertip
Nanny's Lavender soft soap
Acqua di Parma colonia

A razor I don't use that often - three leisurely passes, and I was rewarded with a supremely close and comfortable shave.

Friday shave:

2n72qnl.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + Speick shaving cream + Vie&Long olivewood silvertip "AC edition" + Merkur Futur at 3 with Gillette Platinum + Thayers Lavender "alum" + Aubrey Organics "City Rythm" balm

Today a tried this Futur at dial 3 and all was ok! I felt better the blade and the save was smooothhh :blush:

By the way, Speick cream is almost finished and it will be the first shaving cream I spend in almost two years, hahahahah (too many rotations...)

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

old Marshall Fields two band
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
Old Spice SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Perished said:
Sorry for the delay... As Yellow Jim says, the scent doesn't seem affected at all with being in the open. On the contrary, I walk into my bathroom and I get a lovely, not overpowering, scent. It's strong and lasts.
didn't like MdC to begin with, but as time goes by, It's growing on me. Had it now, 6 months maybe, obviously open the whole time... I traded a full glass jar of the stuff as I wasn't impressed, but kept the open soap for the lovely wooden bowl it came in. I think I was hasty trading the jar...

Well you're not having it back. :icon_razz:

Good Friday:

Plenty of time this morning, so had a nice leisurely shave.

Long hot shower
Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Ever Ready 1912 SE
GEM SE blade (5)
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann AS

Another lovely shave from the 1912. The blade shows no signs of dulling. I normally chuck DE blades after 3 shaves, we'll see how long this one lasts.

BBS results

Yellow Jim said:
Perished said:
Sorry for the delay... As Yellow Jim says, the scent doesn't seem affected at all with being in the open. On the contrary, I walk into my bathroom and I get a lovely, not overpowering, scent. It's strong and lasts.
didn't like MdC to begin with, but as time goes by, It's growing on me. Had it now, 6 months maybe, obviously open the whole time... I traded a full glass jar of the stuff as I wasn't impressed, but kept the open soap for the lovely wooden bowl it came in. I think I was hasty trading the jar...

Well you're not having it back. :icon_razz:

:icon_twisted:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft, w Simpson 22 mm Super knot, horn handle and Abalone in the base
Razor: Wade and Butcher, prob midish 19th century and a pure bliss to shave with
Soap: GFT Sandalwood
AS: Floris, Sandalwood (great match to the soap)
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Not possible to get any cleaner, without removing the skin from my face :D

Fantastic Easter shave, I'm only taking something simple on our Easter trip to the country side. Happy Easter to All!
004800x572.jpg

Friday morning... Resting does help the blade! Been fooling around with an old, but looking new, Larkin Straight Edge for awhile and finally used it this morning. Resting for atleast 70 yrs seems to have helped it. Nice shave.
Razor: Larkin Straight Edge
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Soap: Provence Sante
Brush: badger
Aftershave: Clubman
Balm: Nivea Protective Lotion
Nice shave

NotTheStig said:
Baby oil

Very nice shave. Tomorrow I'm getting married. I don't normally do this but I have already planned what I will be using - essentially the best/most upmarket stuff I have (in my opinion):
Kent (MWF) soap

Although there are two or three equally worthy candidates for blade and soap/cream... see what, if anything, I swap on the day. I might even use my Schick Injector with those excellent Gillette Platinum Plus blades... I haven't really planned this at all, have I? :)

Best of luck for tomorrow! Hope you have a wonderful day - the shave is incidental really, but anything that can make the day that bit more special can only help. Best wishes for a long and joyful marriage too.

Oh, and if your best man accidentally goes on for 25 minutes of nothing but the worst and most embarrassing stories from your past, cut him some slack. He probably tried too hard to do a good one and simply stuffed up. He doesn't actually want to spoil your day! (I have history here...)

Cold water prep
Merkur 37c, Sputnik (4)
Morris & Forndran blonde badger
Proraso Pre/Post
Razorock XXX
Speick AS
Speick ASB

extra-BBS. Razorock seems to be allowing for a much closer shave than usual for some reason.

NotTheStig said:
Baby oil

Kent (MWF) soap

Fantastic. Liked my 1st wedding so much I did it a second time! Seriously, there are many good times in the years ahead. Enjoy and remember them!

Decided on impulse to shave after work today, as I was sorely in need of a shower anyway.

Music: various Mozart diversions

Hot shower, RSC facial scrub

EJ de89 barley
Gillette Platinum(1) - first outing of this ebay find.
Nanny's lime soft soap
Vulfix 404a bodger

Floid amber vigoroso
RSC balm

this was one of those shaves where everything just falls into place perfectly. I'm impressed with the Gillette Platinums, lovely, trouble free close shave.

Back
Top Bottom