SOTD w/c Sat 28th Jan - Fri 03rd Feb. incl.

Blitz 14 :: T&H Wellington superbadger :: Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose :: Dr. Harris "Pink" ASL :: Les Parfums de Rosine "Rose d'Homme" EdT

P1290802.jpg

RE: SOTD w/c Sat 28th Jan - Fri 03rd Feb. incl.
Sunday 29th january

Wilkinson brush
GFT sandalwood soap
Gillette Slim Adjustable 8,6,6
superthin blade -2
Nivea Q10 Balm
Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar Cologne

Nicwe Shave very BBS using this brush brings back strange memories of the first gulf war had one out there uses mainly to get the sand out of my SLR 7.62mm rifle yep fun days in the sand. Just glad it was not my kent BK8 brush those days lol

Sunday

Razor: H2O
Blade: 7 o'clock green (1)
Brush: Le Tuft Big Fella
Soap: Nannys Soapy one

What a brush! Out of all my brushes, this one just blows them all out of the water. It's perfect. Could this by SBAD cured? Nah...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 3
Razor: Nesbitt's
Soap: GFT, sandalwood
AS: Floris: Santal
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean

NICE SHAVE! :D
013800x578-1.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s Schick adjustable M type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
TGQ Leatherneck SS used as a stick
Kramperts Finest Bay Rum AS
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Same razor/blade combo as yesterday.....whew, what a nice shave once again. There's nothing that does quite the job on my neck like an injector is capable of. Easier in general to get to the tough to reach spots on my face, with a tremendous line of sight. Plus, this blade is pretty darn sharp yet forgiving.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday 29th January

DR Harris Marlborough - Thater 4125/0 - Fatboy - Astra SP - DR Harris Sandalwood AS​

17cbd114-1.jpg

This brush has the softest tips out of everything I've tried, not a hint of scritch. The soap was good, although I probably didn't load long enough or shake enough water out of the brush. It holds a lot.

Of course James, such a lovely new brush deserves an equally good SOTD picture... Great choice there, enjoy it for many years to come.

Sunday:

Feather SS & Pro
Frank Shaving Fine 26mm
Art of Shaving Unscented
Aqua Velva
L'Occitane Ultra Gentle Moisturizer
Lush 'Karma' solid perfume

SOTD_29Jan.jpg

Merkur 34C HD
Tiger blade (3? 4?)
Wilkinson Sword Brush
Proraso white soap
Alum block

The bristle feels completely different to both the EJ badger and the Bodyshop synthetic.
One of the best shaves I've had so far with only the Adam's Apple patch not smooth, along with a bit of jawline fluff I gave up with a razor burn was imminent. My technique must be getting better, despite what the two Merkur bites indicate!

Gillette Arisrocrat with Rapira Super Stainless
Tobs Almond cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm - cedarwood and clarysage

Very good shave with this setup.

Merkur 39C Slant
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (1)
TOBS Lavender Cream
Kent BK4
Floid Blue

Very good shave, two days of growth gone with ease. First use of the TOBS Lavender (or any Lavender cream), my first thought was it smells of Earl Grey Tea. To be honest, I didn't think I'd like Lavender (it's only a sample size) but it isn't bad - although I still don't think I'll be a long term user of the more floral scents.

Haven't used the Floid Blue for some time, I really like the stuff. I was put off using it on workdays when a younger member of staff commented she could smell a smell that reminded her of her Grandad (she did clarify that was a good thing), but aged 38, I'm not quite ready for Grandad comparisons, so it's now a guilty weekend pleasure (hence no EDT today)

Back
Top Bottom