SOTD w/c Sat 28th Jan - Fri 03rd Feb. incl.

Prep : Truefitt & Hill Face Scrub / Hot Shower
Monsavon Soap
Rooney Style 1
Feather Portable
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow
Lucky Tiger
Prada EDT

Fantastic shave. Yellows work really well in the Portable for me. Lucky Tiger is great stuff, just about to take the kids to school, it's freezing out and Myrsol and a frosty morning just don't mix. The Rooney is one from Fido's Brush Clearance, and a truly wonderful brush it is too.

Gillette Super Adjustable on 6, 4, 2 with Personna Medical Prep blade (second use)
Cella
Professor Blighty's cedarwood and clarysage balm

I like this blade but I wouldn't use it often. Super-sharp but not very smooth. Really reminds me of the Feather although I bet if I used them side by side (i.e. one on each side of my face) I'd notice some differences.

Friday:

Red tip Superspeed
Personna Medical Prep
Vulfix 2234 boar
Acqua di Parma cream
Acqua di Parma colonia

Today I dug out my AdP cream sample after reading about the Razorock XXX cream (which has been compared favourably to the mighty AdP).

Whenever I've used the AdP cream before, I've always been surprisingly underwhelmed (bearing in mind AdP colonia is easily my favourite scent). Maybe my lathering skills have improved because today, it was just magnificent - a superbly comfortable and fragrant shave :icon_biggrin:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, 28 mm extra stuffed silvertip in soap stone handle
Razor: Wade and Butcher in original scales + GEM Junior for head
Super lather: Arko cream + Dr Harris, Almond (good combo and the dear Dr stand tall in the fight between the scents :))
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

020800x585.jpg

and...
007800x693.jpg

This morning:

Prep: Steam
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (7)
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone 26mm super silvertip badger
Balm: Nivea sensitive
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Result: extremely close and clean :)

Allowed myself a little half-pass polish on the neck and got a very good result. I really like this soap, and I've no idea why I use the Nivea balm so rarely either - it's particularly good.

RE: SOTD w/c Sat 28th Jan - Fri 03rd Feb. incl.
Friday:Evening

Cream: RSC
Brush: BK8 Kent
Razor: Slim Adjustable 8,6,3
Blade: Gillette 7'0 Clock Yellow (1)
Aftershave: Alum
Balm: Nivea Q10

Friday. Nice shave day.
Tried two products for the 1st time. RAPIRA Blades and Castle Forbes Lime. The RAPIRA's were excellent. Plus you can't beat the price! The Castle Forbes was great for lather and shaving but there was no fragrance of Lime or anything else. A little disappointed.
Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4
Blade: RAPIRA
Brush: boar
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Aftersave: Clubman Lime.

Back
Top Bottom