SOTD w/c Sat 18th - Fri 24th Feb. '12 incl.

Aristo #15
Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Neep Soapstone Badger
Cade shaving soap (tin lathered)
Witch hazel
Clinique post shave balm

Hmm, not good tonight.

Reasonable-ish results (I'd class it as a DFS rather than a BBS) but the blade seemed very rough which is surprising given I've had such good results with them before.

I probably picked the wrong brush for the soap too, or need to spend much, much longer loading. Had a great 'first pass' lather, a reasonable 'second pass' lather, but a very poor 'third pass' lather (which along with the blade has doubtless contributed to the razor burn I now have, haven't had that for a while).

So, overall probably about a 6 out of 10.

Wednesday
New Forest 1901/Merkur Bakelite with Astra/D.R Marlborough SC/Caswell-Massey lotion
P1230670.jpg

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 6, 4, 2 with sputnik super platinum (4th shave).
Trumpers almond cream
Tobs shaving shop aftershave gel.

Got a nice shave from this combo. The sputniks really are a good blade. Wish they were a bit easier to get hold of.

Thursday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Muhle R41
Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (2)
Alum & Witch Hazel
Real Shaving Company ASB
Pinaud Vanilla

3 passes and touch up, BBS results. Close but not quite as comfortable as yesterday, a bit of soreness around my jawline.

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Art Of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

First shave with any AoS product, courtesy of Helveticum. Very nice, slightly understated scent, but I can still smell it now, 2 hours after my shave. Lather was very good, but I think I used a little too much water. It'll be better tomorrow.

Ian

Thursday morning:

To the sounds of Led Zeppelin IV:

Hot shower
RSC facial scrub
EJ de89 Barley with Big Ben (1)
Nanny's Lime Soft Soap
New Forest 2207

A careful three passes, WTGx2, ATG.

Finished off with Proraso splash, RSC facial balm.

Splendid lather, reasonably close shave with no damage :dodgy:

DSC02149.jpg

Omega boar
Cella
Merkur 11c
Feather (1)
L'oreal asb
Selin Lemon Cologne

Beautiful day 17c and wall to wall sunshine beautiful shave, last time i used a feather it left me with a face like a beetroot, mind you i was using Wilkinson blue bowl soap (yeah i know now).

To the sound of Verdi - Nabucco - Chorus of the Hebrew slaves (with encore)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F4G5H_TTvU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hot Shower
T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Rod Neep Custom
T&H Luxury Soap
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro Guard
Alum
Boots No7 Post Shave
Boots No7 Moisturiser
1978 Ralph Lauren Polo Edt

Shaving has gone from something I avoided, dreaded and down right hated to being something where I love spending the time in my bathroom. The prep, the shave, the post shave are now things I enjoy and look forward to. It is no longer a chore and is now a delightful experience.

Moments ago:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (3)
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: Neep #947 yew silvertip badger
Balm: Bulldog
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion
Result: briefly bloody

Forgot I had a spot on my neck. Had is the operative word - surgical excision. Styptic is remarkable stuff, though.

PavlovsDog said:
Merkur 39C Slant
Shark SS (1)
T&H Trafalgar Cream
Kent BK4
Floid Blue
T&H Trafalgar Cologne

Wonderful shave.

Since the above shave was done quite late on Monday, I didn't really need a shave when I got up at 5.45am this morning. Just because I enjoyed this combo so much though, I decided to do a quick one pass shave with the same rig as above.

Back
Top Bottom