SOTD w/c Sat 12th May - 18th May

Friday:

Vitos pre-shave
Zuri 1950s scent soap
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Astra SP (2)
Barbershop Bay Rum

Great shave this morning. Started with the Slim on 6 for WTG and XTG, dialed it up to 8 for the ATG and touch up. Really mows through the stubble when it's opened up. Bay Rum was a great way to finish off the shave.

Friday's sample shave!

- Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil
- Penhaligons Opus 1870 shaving cream sample
- Simpson Duke3 Best
- Feather Portable with Blitz
- Myrsol Antesol sample
- Taylor of Old Bond Street MR Taylor post-shave gel sample

I have too many samples, so I must to spend some of them... about the software I have used today, this Penhaligons cream have a lovely scent, but is has regula properties, so I probably won't buy because is very expensive... TOBS gel didn't like me neither, too greasy/hard to apply in my skin and not very calming...

Cheers!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac two band 30 mm
Razor: Feather RG + GEM Junior (for head)
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: None :)
Result: Very, very clean :D

Fantastic shave - clean smooth and slick :D
0271024x724.jpg

002700x461.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

unknown blond horn badger
'Webly'/Feather
Lentheric SS (old stuff)
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia Vetyver EdT

The Webly frankenrazor tames this very sharp blade quite well. I could use this set up every day and be perfectly happy (except for the various monkeys on my back).

BBS results,

Martin

Friday Learn A New Thing Day in school. Helping my wife teach 6-10yr olds make Duck Tape Bracelets. And we wonder why China is winning out!!
Razor: Back to the DE today. Merkur Vision . Nice but Big.
Blade. Polsilver
Soap: Nanny's Rasage Traditionnel
Brush: Badger
AS : Dickinson Witch Hazel
Balm: Nivea Protective Lotion.
Yes, the DE is a lot easier and faster than the open.

Dear Dr Kuni
tried one of those PRECIOUSNESS super iridium in the E4 (did I see you nearly type F4 in a previous posy...Mmmmmm..)
With Palmolive cream and the chunky 2213.
First a pass at 7 then at 9.
Then out with the Merk.
I swear it is a reverse razor. It gives me more stubble than when I start!!
GGGgrrrrr
Glad to see to see your blond horn is working well,
yrs in shaving
broTimbo

Glad you're enjoying the Feather, Mikael!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (6)
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

Again didn't let the lather soak, again closer than my recent usual (on the neck; face is always bbs).

A couple of hours ago":

Prep: Face wash, hot bath. Proraso pre shave
Razor: Gillette Alu HD
Brush: Badger
Soap: EJ Sandelwood
Blade: 7 O'clock Yellow
Balm: Nivea White Sensitive

Awesome shave, very smooth afterwards. I think the yellows are a cracking blade.

Slick said:
I swear it is a reverse razor. It gives me more stubble than when I start!!

Well if this isn't the craziest thing.....never heard of a razor going 'soft' on it's own like that. I gotta couple thoughts on what mighta caused it, but who knows. This is the razor you've been using for months with great results, right?

I'm wondering if you changed the angle of atttack witout realizing it. Yeah, it's a long shot I know. The other thing would be it somehow became underclocked. You might try dialing it up to 9, then taking a paper clip and depressing the adjuster spring right above the dial. Go past the 9 setting and start over again, like an odometer rolling over. Keep going and set it on #4 and see if that does any good.

Last thing that comes to mind is something internal went south in the razor. Maybe the adjuster stopped working or something.

I yam flabbergasted,

KL

Razor: Merkur Progress (3.5)
Blade: Iridium (3)
Brush: Callega Ironwood Cegadede Silvertip 26mm
Cream: Tabac
A/S I: Humphreys Witch Hazel
A/S II: Tabac

180520121299b.jpg

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Went Vintage! A WW2 issue Clix with a blue blade, palmolive soap stick, lathered with an unknown black badger brush, and the crowning touch: Old Spice (My father's old Shoulton) Not much sting, but boy it smells! Nice shave! the Clix shaves like a Merkur, it even has Merkur angel. Maybe someone knows the history! Have a great weekend!

Last night's shave was my first shave with my new Cobra Razor.
IMG_20120518_115005.jpg

IMG_20120518_115029.jpg

It took a couple of minutes to work out how to fit the blade, I tried with a used Feather Pro-guard blade first just to see how it fits. I then fitted a Feather Professional blade which I managed to fit straight out of the dispenser without touching it!

The shave:-

A good soak in the shower, and then on with the MWF. I seem to be getting some really good lathers nowadays, applied with my Edwin Jagger best badger.

Did 3 passes, WTG, XTG then ATG.

Because of the narrow head I have never managed to shave so close to my nose! Maybe it was a bit of inexperience but I managed to get a bit of a nick just under my nose:s

I then finished with a cold water splash, alum block and Boots Freshwood AS balm.

It was a beautifully close shave, little or no burn, certainly none that the AS balm could not cope with!

When I went out later I splashed on some D.R. Harris sandalwood aftershave. I went to the Queen's Head and saw the Notorious Brothers, I have seen them several times before but last night they were sounding better than ever. They have managed to get their old drummer back, he is an amazing drummer, especially when you take into account the fact that he is blind!

Back
Top Bottom