SOTD w/c Sat 12th May - 18th May

Haven't shaved properly for over a month but still have a little dab of something ... for the laydeez, and for bring good ju ju.

Today: Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet.

Today, a samples shave!

2gxentu.jpg

Nanny's Spice One sample soap + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Feather Portable with Muhle 2010 open head and Blitz blade + Proraso balm and Professor Blighty's Green Ginger sample

A smoooth shave! A shame that Nanny's don't sell more this Spice One variant, smells wordenfully and works pretty well! And I found that this open Muhle head makes a perfect couple with Tech-like handles like this.

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
Schick adjustable M type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS 1970)
vintage Lentheric SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (vintage juice)

This old soap is really quite good. I'd recommend trying to track some down if possible.

BBS results,

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Pensoftheforest, Neep coffee bean brush in silvertip
Razor: Crown and Eagle
Superlather: Dr Harris Almpond + Proraso cream (perfect combo every time)
AS: Ogallala limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0061024x729.jpg

... and, of course:
002700x471.jpg

EJDE89L with Crystal (2)
EJ Pure Badger
TOBS avocado cream
RSC balm

Blade seemed to struggle a bit in comparison to the first shave with it. ATG and quite a bit of touching up (ooerr) delivered BBS except a couple of rougher patches around and under the chin. It also resulted in a little minor irritation which calmed down in an hour or so. I'm of the view that Ingram provides, for me, a more effective slicker lather than this TOBS cream (not that the TOBS is bad by any means).

Razor: Merkur Progress (3.5)
Blade: Iridium (2)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap : Mitchell's Wool Fat
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Floïd Vigoroso

170520121282.jpg

Have a nice Thursday everyone!

E4 blues
Me and the fatboy are having words.
yesterday and today very non removal of hair shaves. had to go back to Merk in both cases to make it look like I had a shave!....
Its set on 9.
makes a great stubble noise and then I look like I have more stubble than when I started...
Am going to try a trusty yellow in it tomorrow
I dunno...

Slick said:
E4 blues
Me and the fatboy are having words.
yesterday and today very non removal of hair shaves. had to go back to Merk in both cases to make it look like I had a shave!....
Its set on 9.
I dunno...

Hey Slimbo, what the hell is goin on with that F.....I mean E4 of yours? It sounds hideous and I hope it ain't contagious. Cripes, I hope your other razors don't turn into sissies, although a bit of sissifying wouldn't hurt those Old Types that Pops enjoys so much.

Heh, I'm just kidding about that being the problem. Yeah, the real reason's probably lots more insidous.....I would guess sabotage, and by someone close to you. If I hadda narrow it down, I'd first look closely at your mail woman, and my second choice of perp would be one of the cats.

Nice to be able to advise you in something again. I can't do that anymore with shaving crap, since you now know a LOT of stuff.

Your soulmate in shaving,

Kuni

Oh yeah, let me know if you can't fix this crazy problem.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (5)
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

Didn't let the lather soak on my face before starting today. Slightly less comfortable (not uncomfortable), but very definitely slightly closer and no less clean. Hmmm.

One Planet moisturiser
Vitos almond
Aristocrat 16 with 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (4th shave)
Bulldog aftershave balm

Blade fading so just an acceptable shave. In the blade bank now.

Prep L'Occitane Verbena Soap
Razor Thiers Issard Dreadnought 7/8
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 in Super
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Botanics Moisturiser
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum

Jamie.

Well gave the TI her first shave, after twenty laps on the linen and 50 0n the leather, and two days growth was put to the sword, great shaver as i expected to be honest.

001-10.jpg

Friday

Merkur Progress
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper Coconut Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Ian

Back
Top Bottom