SOTD w/c Sat 12th May - 18th May

5e0769fd-1a19-8a1d.jpg

Muhle R41
MWF
Personna Red

Don't think the Personna are quite sharp enough for the R41.
Little bit of drag.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336809788.778375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336809788.778375.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 28
Saturday shave:

2usa6wx.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + old "lanolized" Willaims shaving cream + Vie&Long Silvertip "AC Edition" + Merkur Futur at 3 with Blitz #2 + "old" Williams Aqua Velva lotion with Proraso balm

A good shave! A shame that modern Williams shaving cream is worse than this one in terms of scent and properties... this old one works wonderfully! And a good discovery these Blitz razor blades: they aren't very sharp but the shave went smoooth although the Futur was at 3.

Cheers!

Boots No 7 for men face wash
Muhle R89 with Personna red #2
Simpsons special best badger brush
Tabac shaving soap stick
Tabac shaving balsam
Tabac EDC

Lovely Tabac shave today, have not used for a while, it's a classic for good reason !

I was going to shave with a flare tip, but changed my mind at the last second,as you do
Dove soap/ hot face cloth prep
Rolls Razor (stroped on the French paddle strop and finished off in the tin)
Bluebeards Revenge cream
Kent BK2 brush
Geo.F.Trumper Sandlewood skin food to finish
Still have to fined a down side to the Rolls
BSS WTG :heart:
Big brother poped round this morning unshaven ,and as I was still in barber mode,attempted to get him to shave with a DE Razor,the chicken
Backed out of it, still never mind he was gobsmacked when I told him my Rolls shave cost me next to nothing. :dodgy:

Saturday, 12.v.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Vie-Long 16728 2-band
Provence Santé Green Tea
MÜHLE R101 (2009)
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Old Spice + 444

P1060115.jpg

This "European White Badger" seems to be an excellent type of hair...

Fatboy on 6, 9 / Astra razor
Double Life blade
One Planet moisturiser
Trumpers Limes cream
M and S Harvard a/s balm

The Double Life blade isn't that sharp. Even on 9 in the Fatboy it didn't feel close enough. I tried it in my Astra razor (clone of the Slim Twist) and it felt far more aggressive. Just the lightest touch required. A nice shave but the blade might be quite a fickle one.

Saturday

Vitos pre-shave
Arko soap
Muhle R89/Weber Bulldog handle
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (4)
Professor Blighty's Harlequin AS

Weber Bulldog handle arrived this morning just before I was going to shave. Seemed rude not to try it out. It really is good, deep knurling, plenty of weight.

BBS shave.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (12)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 in Best
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

First-class shave. First use of this brush, it's very pleasant and, to my taste, understatedly handsome.

Sat Morning

Weber Bulldog DLC
Supermax super platinum - Really smooth sharp blade, like these:)
FS finest
MWF
Prof's Leather AS
Prof's Universal balm
+
Head shave with Gillette guard

Supermax super plat = Super shave

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft w Simpson 22 mm super knot and horn + Abalone in handle
Razor: Max Sprecher hollow ground and a little over 1"
AS/edt: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Soap: Cassis prototype
Strops: Neil Miller

What a wonderful razor, it has it all, I think (watch out for the point though :)) - a top notch shave! :D
0051024x761.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage rebranded Simpsons best badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
Lentheric SS (vintage soap in the plastic art deco bowl)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
RL 'Safari' EdT (vintage juice)

I recently lucked into this old unused soap and tried it this morning. Over the years I'd seen a few reviews on it and I was cautiously optimistic, but you never know.

Well, it turns out this is exactly the kinda stuff I really enjoy. Very rich and easily created lather, with plenty of slip and just the right amount of cushion. Post shave skin care is right up there with the best I've used. The scent's about gone, but there's still a faint soapy (and maybe lavender) fragrance when it's whipped up. Sorta reminds me of the old Yardley soap. Nice addition to the shaving arsenal.

Surprisingly, the vintage Safari EdT has more pop than many other EdTs I've sniffed. Lasts quite a while on me as well.

BBS results,

Martin

Bulldog face wash
TOBS Avocado cream
Dovo olive wood straight
Omega boar brush (model unknown)
T&H Spanish Leather A/S
John Allan's 'Face' moisturiser

Result: Terrible. About my fifth straight shave and the first in a few months. I suspect the razor isn't sharp enough and I know that my technique is very poor. Only one way to make it better... (but will need to let my skin recover first).

Two firsts for today: new Razor and new Soap. 1st the Soap: Arko Ice Mint. The new Arko shave cream. Have to say it was excellent. A very nice new Summer soap. Nice Menthol feel during and after the shave. Good lather, good slide. 2nd New to me Open Razor: Ernst Aug. Siepen Hann Solingen 14. Very nice small razor. Easy to use. Easy to hone. .Brush: Badger; alum; AS Dickinson Witch Hazel; Balm: Barbasol Pacific Rush. Very nice clean shave. A joy!

Saturday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Semogue 1305
Proraso Cream (from tube)
Proraso Sul Filo Del Rasoio ASB

Very nice. Still smarting a little from the extremely bad shave last weekend. Getting there though.

Back
Top Bottom