Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
T&H Trafalgar AS

Nice smooth shave, great results.

Slim Adjustable on 6 / Aristocrat 16
Nacet Platinum (English, 3rd shave)
Bulldog moisturiser
Mama Bear's Lime Ice
M and S Harvard a/s balm

Hmm. Nacet noisy and draggy in the Slim, surprisingly. Noisy but not so draggy in the Aristo. Binned the blade though - thought I'd get longer out of these. First two shaves with it were excellent though.

Today, a gentleman shave!

2vcw4qw.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + T&H Grafton shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Gillette Tech England Nº44 with Polsilver + T&H Grafton balm

A good shave, at least until I applied in my skin the balm: for some reason it "reacts" with my skin with a bit of itching&irritating, strange... I'll test it a bit more, but I'm afraid that this balm and my skin are incompatibles... A shame because is not a cheap balm.

Cheers!

Dove soap / hot face cloth prep
The 1920s tuck away Gillette
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
Kent BK2 brush
Geo.F.Trumper sandlewood skinfood to finish
A very passable shave considering the age of this razor,a bit mild this morning due to me overloading the brush,the down side of using these razors is jiggering the blade to get the best possible blade alignment, the best I can get is about 90% correct,but that's what happens with them,its getting on for 80 years old,and it's all part of the fun:) near BSS WTG ,my bad, comfy,very comfy.

Monday

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
nannys Yushu soap
FT rocket + GST (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3passes, very smooth, no irritation. I had a bit of trouble in an area on the Jaw line. Blade buffing didnt work. I think J hooking might be needed. Other than that, a really nice shave. I cannot seem to swap out the rocket at the minute, getting nice shaves from it. Cannot believe I was thinking of selling it a while back.!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: SOC two band
Razor: C V Heljestrand no 4
Soap: Cassi prototype
AS: Island Bay Rum
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0221024x796.jpg

...and:
007700x482.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage unknown badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
vintage Lentheric SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (old juice)

BBS results,

Martin

Woke up in a crappy mood today after a crappy day yesterday and this shave just cheered me right up!

Hot shower with dove soap for face (I think the nivea stuff is starting to irritate)

Palmolive loaded for two minutes
EJ best badger
EJ 89
7 O'clock yellow
Simple rich moisturiser
Armani ADG

Cannot believe how good a shave it was, I really enjoyed it, and so did my skin. I think my mind is made up after a few brilliant shaves with the soap - I'm going to invest in more! Since I've just gotten paid I'm thinking Cade...

Have a great day all!

Well another strange shave day!! Monday. Bating 0 for 2 as they say. This time it's Barbasol Therapeutic shave cream. And it was a big '0'! 1st tried a brush... Sucked it up . Yes the whole dollop just sucked up into the brush! More water... That sucked up too! Looked at the tube thinking it might be Balm by mistake- no. Tried Glycerin and more water. Sucked that up too! Ok face lathered with the pure shave cream - that was a big nothing too! Had to use a different soap!!
Razor: also not a favorite... Don't really like narrow blades- J Jordan. Sheffield
Brush: in honor of another topic- Turkish Horse.
Alum
AS: Clubman
Balm: Barbasol Pacific Rush
May go back to the DE tomorrow!!!
60eece26-2333-befb.jpg

Been a bit busy over the weekend so havent posted:

Saturday Evening:

EJDE89
Crystal
EJ Badger
RSC Cream
Freshwood Balm
CK One EDT

Monday after a morning and afternoon of gardening:

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Bodger
Proraso Soap
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood

Excellent shave....
Could have been nasty as a wasp flew through an open window into the bathroom during my head shave....fortunately the little fellas wasnt interested in me and after a bit of buzzing about went down the hall. Bit worrying really cos that means he is still in the house somewhere :s

5-18.jpg

Arko works well stuffed into a bowl - in my case a mini casserole dish. New Forest 2031, Hybrid Tech/Lord razor with Personna Platinum Chrome and Hydro Balm to complete the line up.

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather(20)
Brush: MÜHLE Pure Badger 21mm
Cream: L'Occitane CADE
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: L'Óreal Hydra Energetic

140520121247.jpg

Have a nice Monday everyone!

Back
Top Bottom