SOTD: Saturday May 6 - Friday 12 May 2023.

Friday 12th May
Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #6 - Palmolive - Yaqi Robin - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230510-101923-01.jpg

Last edited:
12/05/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kia Pink
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 19 (7).JPG
A fantastic, face-feeler finish Friday.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Finally, a proper good scrape of the old physog!
  • EJ DE86
  • Silver Star
  • Hand-carved Spalted Beech & G5C
  • HWF #1
  • Boot’s Freshwood AS
I had a good feeling about this twice used Silver Star and it was just as sharp as upon first use. Smooth, close, refreshing. Pity the weather’s crap but hey ho, canna have everything…

12 May

PAA Solstice
Plisson synthetic
Henson AL13 M v2
Personna med prep
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

4677C9C1-6E44-4181-A61B-B39BF0B3A0FA.jpeg
An easy two pass shave with a close and very comfortable finish. I don’t think I have a soap that the lemony Hibernia splash doesn’t go with, and really I love the scent.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 2 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Custom Boar Stoat
Soap = The Rambler from Zingari Man with matching splash & balm
IMG_0928.jpegShave of the month for me,
This one was as good as it ever gets,
A proper real bbs.
Love it love it love it.
There’s just something special about this scent,
probably the tobacco but it’s quite unusual in a good way.
Time to start packing up i should be home next sunday ish lol
Stay Safe Boys n girls

Friday 12 May

I have developed a magpie approach to the old Wilkinson stropping razors. Hence I have quite a few, they are readily available and cheap. I never tried using original wedge blades as the majority were well used or pretty rusty and I just couldn’t be arsed to sharpen one. I had reasonable success moding and using GEM blades but these bad boys aren’t users they really only just grace my small collection.
Until I found this one on ebay, advertised as NOS and so my magpie took over and I got it, £20.
It is in the best condition that I have seen or owned with all the paperwork and instructions and an amazingly clean and shiny chrome sheathed wooden box. If not NOS it’s pretty much rarely used, the strop leather didnt look like it had ever been out of its wrapping. One blade still in wax paper and sharp.
After giving it a strop and applying the soap, same set as yesterday I gave it a whirl. It performed pretty well, but gives a totally different feeling compared to a thin DE blade. It felt and sounded like it was making hard work of clearing stubble but the 2 pass result was dfs and no irritation or weepers. So, all good.
Poets day fellas, enjoy!

IMG_0076.jpeg

Interesting looking brush, I've not seen one of those before
Potd-12-05-23-02.png

M - There aren't that many of them around. Made as a LE for the Shave Nook. The knot is - nominally - 24mm x 48mm. As you can see it's marked as 'best' badger but is unlike any other brush I use with the same designation. I'm not familiar with the 'super' grade used by Simpson - maybe it's more like that? I've never been able to photograph the handle to show it at its best - a thing of beauty. This one came from BST here - I've never seen another for sale. If one comes up at a reasonable cost - jump at it. :) - cheers - I.

Last edited:
Fri 12
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor John-Bert Rattler
This is the perfect icy-cold combo of soap & splash for a super hot day...whip up perfectly with the excellent brush!
This razor, among the 3 from Ebay is just perfect! The edge is superbly soft and efficient. Stroped on the roo leather, 3 satisfying passes for a bbs finish!
20230512_132054.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Gillette Permasharp (2)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: Simpsons

This razor can easily be called the epiphany of a great shave. Nuf' said!

SOTD.jpg

1683913258563.png

My 'Frugal Friday' shave. Don't get me wrong, I love all my 'luxury' shaving gear, but it's nice to put all the budget gear together and have a nice shave. That little Baili TTO and GWS ( Indian ) blade took care of business. LaToja was superb as it always is. The little $9 black badger is floppy, and I was worried it might not handle face lathering a shave stick very well, but I made sure to load my whiskers with plenty of soap and I finished three passs with a just enough soap to rinse some down the drain. The Zing! is a product I found in the Dollar Tree and I don't use it often but it is a nice post shave treatment. It's warm and humid here already so I slapped a little Skin Bracer on for the menthol kick. It was a pleasant experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom