SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

Monday evening post gym shave
Omega brush
Palmolive cream
Twig
Astra platinum (4)
Bart’s pre-shave
Alum
Boots Freshwood a/s
Bart’s bonce balm (head)

Managed to get a tube of Palmolive cream at the weekend so wanted to give it a go.
The smell reminded me of my dad teaching me to shave properly when I left home to join the air force in the 80’s, he had a little nub of a Palmolive stick that looked like he’d sharpened it to a point :) I tried looking for a stick for nostalgias sake but no luck and I’m not paying some scalper on fleaBay £20 for one!
Soaked my omega brush in an old enamel mug and it easily gave me loads of nice thick lather by putting a pea sized blob on it and face lathering.
Anyway, back to the shave. I’m really liking the twig, very easy to use. Got a 4th shave out of the blade, felt smooth enough but I’m not gonna push a 5th. A potential 8 shaves out of a DE blade seems good enough value to me.
First time with the freshwood too, didn’t burn, the fragrance isn’t offensive, winner. Used Bart’s unscented bonce balm on my head as I seem to recall reading alcohol based a/s isn’t great for the scalp.

The urge to buy more stuff has begun, I’m gonna need a bigger bathroom!

Attachments

• CB3ED4BE-D28F-42F4-B198-E32D99DCC750.jpeg
    CB3ED4BE-D28F-42F4-B198-E32D99DCC750.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 11
Monday 15th May

AJFCJaXQti2FzH-aDh1V5fmSXuApagYCqJ00nsWJr5WNlNf9iK-e95B7BNkstkFurqUP5cXeTs719S9-0SGvzGJKjXk9_y6WaOMssjMAFL8j211hiNJTeEm2RAhrzE3DzSli0_o1-vVZnXim6W5DVOXo0eDZfQ=w800

Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready Streamline (1950s) & GEM by Personna (1)
Pinaud Clubman Original Aftershave Lotion

Continuing on the Milky May ... and back on the Moulin for the week with a handful of ASR razors.

A series of shaves themed, 'Fanfares, train fares and bus fares'

I am back from the dead. The darkened World of the scruffy faced bastards. Well, not quite as I have been offshore for a few days and out of touch with the world. Great. And not say I didn't shave either. So you can have a terrific value three for one SOTD.

The first shave I made on Saturday morning at 0030 and I really thought I was going to beat Mr Mild Green Fairy Liquid Fox to the first entry, but shit, I got a join earlier call. Bollocks. The best laid plans of mice and men where the mice usually have the better plans. Anyway, onwards I go in to the murky world of SOTD's.

Fariy-Liquid.jpg

'Mummy, why are your hands so soft?'
'Because I'm only 15'

Saturday the something of May and the theme, 'fanfare'

20230513_005532.jpg

Fanning - Tatara Nodachi
Faring - Polsilver Lodz
Electric fans - Zenith dark synthetic
Fairy fans - Signature Soaps Condate
Fairy fannies - M&S Spiced Amber
'That's Palmolive products for you. Crap'

It must have been a good shave as I can't recall swearing at the mirror. All terrific products and I must say the Condate is creeping up my soapy ranks. A possible Londinium beater? Perhaps not, but getting there.

A happy Saturday morning. Until some git called me. Another day Barry, another day.

Monday another day in May and a shave with the theme, 'Train Fares'

20230514_200609.jpg

Return fare - Tatara Nodachi
Two adult singles - Polsilver Lodz
Season ticket - PAA Pelegrino
First class - ADP Collezione Barbierre
How fucking much? - Floris Elite

6fc25e10d2a1534fdc052599ae965801.jpg

'And the crowds caught the next train to getaway from this SOTD'

I guess I must rather like this Tatara and the blade if I recall is on a fifth outing which is quite an achievement with a Lodz. Yes they are sharp, yes they are superbly smooth but not the best when it comes to longevity. So overall something is working. ADP? Absolutely wonderful and somewhat chuffed to have a jar still on the go.

It must have been quite a stunning shave as this evening really was nothing more than a buff.... Read on if you really can be bothered....

But before any further reading please feel tempted by some Japanese ladies...

And finally this evening's shave themed, 'Bus Fares'

20230515_131433.jpg

£2 single anywhere - Muhle R89
Under 5's free - Feather
All day pass - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Zone 1&2 - Signature Soaps Londinium
Wrong bus mate - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

C9AA5B89-F42D-40F6-A7FA-4A528ED9AAB6_1_105_c_1200x1200.jpg

After last night's wonderfully close shave not that much to shift really and so a general buff up while generally in the buff. But a lovely bit of me time and a great end to quite a lovely day.

Londinium vs Condate? Sorry Condate, step aside for the God of Soaps.

And step aside for those Beavers...

Last edited:
IMG_1646.jpeg
SOTD: 15/05/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

A series of shaves themed, 'Fanfares, train fares and bus fares'

I am back from the dead. The darkened World of the scruffy faced bastards. Well, not quite as I have been offshore for a few days and out of touch with the world. Great. And not say I didn't shave either. So you can have a terrific value three for one SOTD.

The first shave I made on Saturday morning at 0030 and I really thought I was going to beat Mr Mild Green Fairy Liquid Fox to the first entry, but shit, I got a join earlier call. Bollocks. The best laid plans of mice and men where the mice usually have the better plans. Anyway, onwards I go in to the murky world of SOTD's.

View attachment 105753

'Mummy, why are your hands so soft?'
'Because I'm only 15'

Saturday the something of May and the theme, 'fanfare'

View attachment 105754

Fanning - Tatara Nodachi
Faring - Polsilver Lodz
Electric fans - Zenith dark synthetic
Fairy fans - Signature Soaps Condate
Fairy fannies - M&S Spiced Amber
'That's Palmolive products for you. Crap'

It must have been a good shave as I can't recall swearing at the mirror. All terrific products and I must say the Condate is creeping up my soapy ranks. A possible Londinium beater? Perhaps not, but getting there.

A happy Saturday morning. Until some git called me. Another day Barry, another day.

Monday another day in May and a shave with theme, 'Train Fares'

View attachment 105763

Return fare - Tatara Nodachi
Two adult singles - Polsilver Lodz
Season ticket - PAA Pelegrino
First class - ADP Collezione Barbierre
How fucking much? - Floris Elite

View attachment 105767

'And the crowds caught the next train to getaway from this SOTD'

I guess I must be rather like this Tatara and the blade if I recall is on a fifth outing which is quite an achievement with a Lodz. Yes they are sharp, yes they are superbly smooth but not the best when it comes to longevity. So overall something is working. ADP? Absolutely wonderful and somewhat chuffed to have a jar still on the go.

It must have been quite a stunning shave as this evening really was nothing more than a buff.... Read on if you really can be bothered....

But before any further reading please feel tempted by some Japanese ladies...

And finally this evening's shave themed, 'Bus Fares'

View attachment 105765

£2 single anywhere - Muhle R89
Under 5's free - Feather
All day pass - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Zone 1&2 - Signature Soaps Londinium
Wrong bus mate - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

View attachment 105766

After last night's wonderfully close shave not that much to shift really and so a general buff up while generally in the buff. But a lovely bit of me time and a great end to quite a lovely day.

Londinium vs Condate? Sorry Condate, step aside for the God of Soaps.

And step aside for those Beavers...

hahahaha brilliant :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Blackland Era SB L4
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (Gillette India) (3)
Soap: Soap Commander - Vision
Brush: AP Shave Co - 26mm Silksmoke Synthetic

20230515-150619.jpg

Today's blade was a Wilkinson Sword made by Gillette in India, but not the Gillette Wilkinson Sword. Hopefully that makes some kind of sense. I've had these sat around for a while and not dared to use them, but finally bit the bullet. Certainly, very sharp and the first two shaves were very good, but I definitely felt the smoothness fall away today. Two and bin for these, I think.

Last edited:

SOTD: 16th May 2023.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Mug lather.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 94R. (Face) -Gillette Wilkinson sword.(Saloon Pack) - (D1)
Razor: Gillette guard. (Head/Dome)- (D3)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version.) / Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

As the Summer months are approaching I have decided to do two head shaves a week until the colder months are upon us again.

The Gillette guard on it's third outing performed wonderfully feeling smooth and efficient leaving my head smooth & error free...I'll carry on with the Gillette Guard with my coming weekend head shave as I feel as though it still has another shave left in it.

A comfortable early morning face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Torrey Tue 16
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Spiffo Manchurian Badger
Razor J.R. Torrey 5/8
A superbly good lather from the soap & a nice scent from the matching splash. The brush is awesomely soft and wonderful.
Another great shave with this unassuming razor. Stroped on the roo leather...the edge is perfectly smooth, crisp, and comfortable. 2passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230516_094449.jpg

Back
Top Bottom