SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

After a pretty average experience with the persona blue today's random blade was the Gillette Super Thin new stainless paired with:

Futur clone
Hampshire lanolin 1/2
FS synthetic brush
Nivea Sensitive Balm

Futur clone seems to be doing the business of late, but paired with the super thin blade just didn't do the job for me. Tuggy and just not sharp/robust enough if that's a thing. Wound the clone back to 1 and with care got a 2 pass shave done, seems to have a very narrow angle of shave to get it working. Maybe it was the combination with the razor and me, but it's not a blade I will revisit any time soon as I have a bunch of better performing blades to go back to. On a plus the packaging design is one of my personal favourites so far

See what tomorrow's lucky blade dip brings.
i’m not so keen on these Vintage Super Thins but the ones from Thailand are a whole new ball game

'For my final entry for this past week of SOTD's' on the last day of SOTD's in the past week I wrote, 'See you next Wednesday'. Well being a pathetic liar, here I am on the Monday making my first entry for this week. Kind of prematurely late. Ask Mrs Satanfriendly about this one.

To be honest I have been rather tied up (and apparently I should be.. wearing concrete boots) with decorating and celebrating my granddaughters 6th birthday. The latter involving having to play pin the tail on the fucking donkey and pass the fucking parcel in which granddad's are not allowed to win. Or get the privilege of taking a layer of wrapping off when I think about it.

Decorating? We now have a glittery shower room. It's a 6 year old influencing granddaughter thing. The little shit.

So here it is my first entry for this week, and just to prove I haven't given in on shaving in the middle of my useless life I have a real bargain bucket on offer this evening. Three for the price of two for the price of one. And this one arrives with the theme, 'Premature arrivals and 3 in one'. And don't worry I will not subject you to a triple header of Midori.

Saturday

20230325_155032.jpg

That quick? - Lambda Athena
Such a disappointment for a girl - Feather
Is that it? - Hive-2
Bring on the donkey - Savonniere du Moulin
What tail? - Poraso balm
That's not a tail - ADP Colonia Club

'Satan, Satan, I want your babies'

A most wonderful shave with the Lambda proving itself a superb performer. This is one razor I don't regret forking out on, and armed with a Feather absolutely heavenly. Not aggressive, not too mild but the results are spot on.

The donkey soap appeared to have shrunk a bit and then remembered I'd sent half of it to @Blademonkey after his begging mission on the BST. Mr Monkey with a blade you owe me half a donkey and I will have the half with the tail please. Already pinned in place thank you. Still I enjoyed the remnants I now have left and God bless the French with their abilities to milk a donkey. Not something I'd rush out to learn. I have enough of an issue with a plastic bottle of cows milk.

Sunday

20230326_185537.jpg

3 In one - Stainless Mongoose
1 in three - Feather Super Professional
3 out of 3 - PAA Pelegrino
3 whatever - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Who cares about 3? - Collegen
Back in 1 2 3 - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime EDC

'Satan, Satan, we want to rip your testicles out'

Bring on the big bad boss of the razor den, bring on the Mongoose, bring it with a shagged out blade on its last legs and let it do its stuff. Fucking brilliant. A Mary Kondo moment. Say 'thank you' to the blade and then bin it.

Still amazingly, a pretty decent shave without hacking my face to shreds as a result of a well worn edge. I'd probably be more handsome shredded, but I'm not, so I will live with being a well(ish) shaven ugly bastard.

A matching vest and underpants pairing with the Bath House products, but if you've ever tried the Cuban Cedar and Lime you'd understand.

And...today....Monday

20230327_181043.jpg

Once twice, three times a razor - Muhle R89
Three steps to shaven - Feather
Three imaginary brushes - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Gimme three soaps - Palmolive Classic
3 am external - L'Occitane Cade balm
Three Smelly words - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

No further Giphies will appear in this SOTD

Comfort was the word and comfort it was. I wouldn't never expect outright spectacular with the 89 as it's too damn honest to do spectacular. What it did give though was a very comfortable and extremely welcome bit of razor time and a most acceptable finish with massive grin value. Never tried an 89? You've missed out on a shaving blessing.

Palmolive? Named after a TSR member. What more to say?

And don't worry I will not subject you to a triple header of Midori.

I lied

View attachment 103087

Last three shaves - Henson AL13 - Feather (!) - Simpson Special - various Signature & P&B Spitfire - Cien Aqua - DVH balm.

First impressions of the Henson are extremely positive - it's a bit difficult to describe, as - other than being a sharp thing on the end of a stick with two sides - it is unlike any razor I have used before. I think this is the 'middle' version. So far - so excellent - any razor that makes Feather blades not suck is up there with the greats. I couldn't find the Kai's. Mild razor - sharp blade. :) - saludos -
I.

Oh - I previously wrongly attributed my acquiring of the Henson - I mean't to say - thank you @Jpshaver - cheers J.
Very nice....but where is the rabbit?

'For my final entry for this past week of SOTD's' on the last day of SOTD's in the past week I wrote, 'See you next Wednesday'. Well being a pathetic liar, here I am on the Monday making my first entry for this week. Kind of prematurely late. Ask Mrs Satanfriendly about this one.

To be honest I have been rather tied up (and apparently I should be.. wearing concrete boots) with decorating and celebrating my granddaughters 6th birthday. The latter involving having to play pin the tail on the fucking donkey and pass the fucking parcel in which granddad's are not allowed to win. Or get the privilege of taking a layer of wrapping off when I think about it.

Decorating? We now have a glittery shower room. It's a 6 year old influencing granddaughter thing. The little shit.

So here it is my first entry for this week, and just to prove I haven't given in on shaving in the middle of my useless life I have a real bargain bucket on offer this evening. Three for the price of two for the price of one. And this one arrives with the theme, 'Premature arrivals and 3 in one'. And don't worry I will not subject you to a triple header of Midori.

Saturday

View attachment 103043

That quick? - Lambda Athena
Such a disappointment for a girl - Feather
Is that it? - Hive-2
Bring on the donkey - Savonniere du Moulin
What tail? - Poraso balm
That's not a tail - ADP Colonia Club

'Satan, Satan, I want your babies'

A most wonderful shave with the Lambda proving itself a superb performer. This is one razor I don't regret forking out on, and armed with a Feather absolutely heavenly. Not aggressive, not too mild but the results are spot on.

The donkey soap appeared to have shrunk a bit and then remembered I'd sent half of it to @Blademonkey after his begging mission on the BST. Mr Monkey with a blade you owe me half a donkey and I will have the half with the tail please. Already pinned in place thank you. Still I enjoyed the remnants I now have left and God bless the French with their abilities to milk a donkey. Not something I'd rush out to learn. I have enough of an issue with a plastic bottle of cows milk.

Sunday

View attachment 103044

3 In one - Stainless Mongoose
1 in three - Feather Super Professional
3 out of 3 - PAA Pelegrino
3 whatever - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Who cares about 3? - Collegen
Back in 1 2 3 - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime EDC

'Satan, Satan, we want to rip your testicles out'

Bring on the big bad boss of the razor den, bring on the Mongoose, bring it with a shagged out blade on its last legs and let it do its stuff. Fucking brilliant. A Mary Kondo moment. Say 'thank you' to the blade and then bin it.

Still amazingly, a pretty decent shave without hacking my face to shreds as a result of a well worn edge. I'd probably be more handsome shredded, but I'm not, so I will live with being a well(ish) shaven ugly bastard.

A matching vest and underpants pairing with the Bath House products, but if you've ever tried the Cuban Cedar and Lime you'd understand.

And...today....Monday

View attachment 103090

Once twice, three times a razor - Muhle R89
Three steps to shaven - Feather
Three imaginary brushes - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Gimme three soaps - Palmolive Classic
3 am external - L'Occitane Cade balm
Three Smelly words - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

No further Giphies will appear in this SOTD

Comfort was the word and comfort it was. I wouldn't never expect outright spectacular with the 89 as it's too damn honest to do spectacular. What it did give though was a very comfortable and extremely welcome bit of razor time and a most acceptable finish with massive grin value. Never tried an 89? You've missed out on a shaving blessing.

Palmolive? Named after a TSR member. What more to say?

And don't worry I will not subject you to a triple header of Midori.

I lied

The back end of a donkey will be with you ASAP with the tail pinned in place :)
The La Savonnire du moulin is a great soap and any good deed should never go unpaid.

Paul.Screenshot_20210804-170543~2.png
Here's the front end, I will send you the back end! :)

Paul

Last edited:
00F51EE8-BAA4-4DAD-917C-A9163CEE7A97.jpeg
SOTD: 27/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 1st use
Brush: Boti Annual Ring
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: House Of Mammoth Almond Leather Puck
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

Tried a Kai Blue with slightly more success than the yellow, with more successful results but in my opinion it’s feather all the way with this razor. It was still a great shave and the HOM Almond Leather was a great way to finish my samples sent by @Mike Smart it smelt divine!

Tue 28
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Ever reliable soap for the nice scent with the matching splash and the rich creamy and slick lather.
Another wonderful shave with this small razor after stroping on the roo leather. 3 buttery smooth and efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230328_101652.jpg

SOTD 28-Mar
20230327_171459.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: Sea Spice Lime
Razor: Shield GEM
Blade: GEM PTFE

Brilliant and refreshing shave with the lime, absolutely love it. Yeah it's not the best soap in the world but it does the trick and I very much like their tonics, though I'd prefer alcohol I don't miss it quite as much in this one.

Good finish with the Shield and smelling good, hope everyone had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 103087

Last three shaves - Henson AL13 - Feather (!) - Simpson Special - various Signature & P&B Spitfire - Cien Aqua - DVH balm.

First impressions of the Henson are extremely positive - it's a bit difficult to describe, as - other than being a sharp thing on the end of a stick with two sides - it is unlike any razor I have used before. I think this is the 'middle' version. So far - so excellent - any razor that makes Feather blades not suck is up there with the greats. I couldn't find the Kai's. Mild razor - sharp blade. :) - saludos -
I.

Oh - I previously wrongly attributed my acquiring of the Henson - I mean't to say - thank you @Jpshaver - cheers J.
Wonderful shave set up and photo Iain. :love:..It reminds me of the iconic J. Marshall Hendrix shot.

OIP (1).jpg

SOTD: 28th March 2023.

3.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10065.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Lather: The RSCO Age Defence Traditional Shave Cream.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave.

Everything in my shave set up paired together wonderfully.

The Merkur 34C is a razor that i could easily use for each of my shaves. A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 20230328.
Z1Cie74.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
Proraso "Wood and Spice" shaving cream.
Merkur 39C.
Polsilver Super Iridium (2).
Pitralon "Classic" AS.

Back
Top Bottom