SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

Razor = Feather Poplar
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 3 )
Brush = 18mm Rooney in Super Badger
Soap = Essence Of Scotland Malt n Myrtle
Splash = Skin Bracer
Balm = L’oréal Hydra Energetic
IMG_9913.jpeg
Everything tonight was basically just thrown together,
First things at my hand except the Razor.
Reading the thread if you only had one
@Pontormo mentioned the Poplar,
a razor i had for i don’t know how long but never used it.
It’s the first time iv heard the razor mentioned in such a favourable way so i thought i really should give it a go.
And man what a surprise for i really enjoyed it.
I’m sure i read somewhere that this razor was aggressive but it’s absolutely not.
In fact i was say it was a better shave than the
AS-D2,
clearly not as nice a razor but shaves just as well if not a little bit more efficient.
Quite strange for a plastic razor but i like it that much i think i’ll take it to Brazil.
The Soap is genuinely first class with the scent being a 10/10 i just love this one.
Also the Brush man these are good,
i must have around half a dozen small Rooney’s and they are up there with the best i have.
I never ever thought i would get on with an 18mm brush but they are class.
Over all it might have been a mix n match but nonetheless it was first class.
Until tomorrow
Stay Safe & enjoy your week

Tuesday 28th March

Soap • Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Feather ACS-NB
Blade • Chinese Kai Protouch MG *copy*
Post • Puig Quorum Aftershave

This *copy* of a Kai Protouch MG blade has getting on for nearly twice the blade exposure as the real thing - see comparison photo below.

This didn't inspire me with much confidence, as I'm still getting to grips with this type of razor.

From the off, it didn't feel as smooth as an MG blade. Verging on feeling draggy WTG.
I managed a WTG/ATG shave with it, but I wouldn't use it in a shavette again. I might try it in a Hawk V3 some time.

The performance of my Feather Popular is the reason I own so few razors (five in total).
Loving the bottle of skin bracer by the way. What's the scent like? And when you back off to Brazil
Yeah it’s definitely a keeper for me and a pleasant surprise.
I’m unsure of the Skin Bracer Scent
i’m not very good at describing things but if i has to say anything i think it smells like Johnston Baby Powder lol i really do.
Unfortunately i’m away back on Saturday

A good evening to all and a good shave themed, 'Party games'

20230328_164654.jpg

Musical hairs - Occams Enoch
Ball sack race - Kai Titan mild
Spin the brush - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Duck, duck, soap - Floris Elite
Pin the tail on the Blademonkey - Simple
Hide and smell me - Floris Elite
'Satan, Satan, we want your babies'

'I bloody don't'

Bit of an indecisive day of, work, don't work, work cancelled, may be work, work in the morning, so I thought sod this I'll have a shave instead. And this was it. New blade in the Enoch and this really is the bollocks and so I shaved them at the same time. And the cat. Mrs Satanfriendly did point out she doesn't have testicles and received a warning of don't even think about it.

So a three pass facial shave it was and what a smashing bit of me time. Great effort from the big Highlander brush and the super Elite soap even if it was a bit like trying to clean the kitchen tops with a 6ft wide road sweeping brush. You don't want to know about brushing my teeth afterwards, but I did mange to get a dental appointment.

Altogether a wonderful shave and a wonderfully smooth face. I feel boss

Every so often I throw this song at you all, but I do find it a great bounce along tune and so Stereopony it is.....

Mobile rings. 'Work in the morning?'

Bugger that I'm off to bed

Tuesday 28th March

AMWts8DMJS-2PwNGLM-1TpyjKVxHG_NVqOXtxaRq_nOl2VLc-F3MHXHiMndKXFD-XWXE03k6Kwsi543PzLs0tp4uqZJqBFqRIVGHSvbKbx0E6dj3f2ZP3kcR1vkyuBEFzlja1IOaWEfZRi1D00cK2cykwmRSEA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Yardley Black Label (Vintage) Shaving Stick & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig & Dorco ST-300 (2)
Yardley Black Label (Vintage) Aftershave

By 'eck that's some good kit!

Lathering up a still strongly scented shaving stick with a plebian boar and splashing on some vintage good stuff afterwards. Champion!

The aftershave is potent! It's got real oakmoss in there ... I know that because I react to oakmoss like cats do with nip. Proper stuff, that. Curious, it's really quite oily but it has that vintage burn that you just don't get anymore. You get a close approximation with a generous couple of splashes of, say, Pinaud Lilac Vegetal; that almost numbing, almost medicinal burn.

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Same again tomorrow ... switching in the used once Dorco Prime, now cracked in half for the Twig.

0701D061-2019-4325-A85F-9D9C564CF48A.jpeg
SOTD: 28/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo Croap
Aftershave: A&E Monte Carlo Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Asad EdC

SOTD 29-Mar
20230328_104710.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE

Bloomin good shave this morning, smooth run and excellent finish topped off with a scent that I love (the Mrs not so much but sacrifices must be made). Picked up a replacement solid cologne, had one ages ago but that went walkabout, nice way to round it off.

Smooth and smelling good (to me), hope everyone had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Here's mine.
'64 Slim on 5-7
Treet Platinum (4ish and out)
T&H Luxe soap bowl.
Bespoke Black Suede and Fougère

I say 4ish because I've had 4 3-pass shaves in the Slim per se, but also used it to tidy/ finish after my avowed attempt to celebrate the clocks going forward with my Koraat led to the discovery that the edge needs a refresh. I'll give it a go but may need to send it out.
The Treet is s good blade and I've had good shaves with it but it had definitely started to go, hence me whacking it up to number 7 for the final pass.
20230329_084412.jpg

Wed 29
Soap & Aftershave Cella Milano
Brush Yaqi 28mm Mellon Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
A good soap, with almost no scent but the lather was just terrific!
The razor for today's shave was good. Easy, smooth, and very comfortable after stroping on the roo leather in 3 passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230329_131416.jpg

Wed 29th March

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 9 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion.

After a re acquaintance with Cart Razors for the last few Shaves, I have gone back to the norm. As I am going into town to Opticians and Solicitors I thought a good Shave was required. It was only after the Shave did I realise the blade was on its 9th outing,and I am very pleased at how well things went - smooth and without hassle a top notch finish.

2783D9F3-52DE-44A8-B29C-82D2E52F4092.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom