SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

Mon 27th March

Jayaruh Syn No 67
Cade L’Occitane Cade cream
Schick Super 11 Ultrex twin - disposable ( 4)
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Never thought that I would ever be using a disposable Cart Razor, as I now use Vintage Injector/ SE & AC/SE. However having got a Schick Super 11 which I thought was a Type N1, I tried it out and liked it a lot.
Chasing for Ultrex blades, I came across some Schick Super 11 Ultrex disposables. I am quite impressed as they actually deliver a first class Shave without the post shave irritation that I used to get with Carts, proving to be an ideal Travel Razor.

74160E08-2E96-4F96-B3DE-13644C39B44E.jpeg

Saturday:
Thought I'd give the GC.68 a run out. Popped in a Nacet and as I got the Blue barbershop back after lending it to my brother-in-law for a bit, that got a turn.

Had a nice shave, but haven't shaved since Saturday as I'm off to get a full shave from my daughter - she needs to teach some of her students a full shave and I'm model No 1.

Attachments

• 20230324_171743.jpg
    20230324_171743.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 5
Mon 27th March

Jayaruh Syn No 67
Cade L’Occitane Cade cream
Schick Super 11 Ultrex twin - disposable ( 4)
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Never thought that I would ever be using a disposable Cart Razor, as I now use Vintage Injector/ SE & AC/SE. However having got a Schick Super 11 which I thought was a Type N1, I tried it out and liked it a lot.
Chasing for Ultrex blades, I came across some Schick Super 11 Ultrex disposables. I am quite impressed as they actually deliver a first class Shave without the post shave irritation that I used to get with Carts, proving to be an ideal Travel Razor.

View attachment 103067
how does the cleaning button work? does it move the angle of the blades? does it work at all or just a gimmick?

Institute Karinite ASB
The balm is now running very low probably another four applications until finished, will replace via the internet.

The IK shaving soap is quite good with a mild floral scent and known for exceptional post shave results. I believe it's now extinct but luckily there's a few pucks in my arsenal and may still be some available online somewhere. Also extinct and replaced with different ingredients is the Provence Sante soap which I haven't tried. I've got a few of those old ones left too and they're wonderful for after shave feel and protection.

Martin

Sotd-27-03-23.png

Last three shaves - Henson AL13 - Feather (!) - Simpson Special - various Signature & P&B Spitfire - Cien Aqua - DVH balm.

First impressions of the Henson are extremely positive - it's a bit difficult to describe, as - other than being a sharp thing on the end of a stick with two sides - it is unlike any razor I have used before. I think this is the 'middle' version. So far - so excellent - any razor that makes Feather blades not suck is up there with the greats. I couldn't find the Kai's. Mild razor - sharp blade. :) - saludos -
I.

Oh - I previously wrongly attributed my acquiring of the Henson - I mean't to say - thank you @Jpshaver - cheers J.

Monday AM 2023-03-27
Ponce de Leon sighted North America on this date in 1513
tPHjlR1.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme shaving soap
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme aftershave

Wonderful lavender on a sunny spring morning.
dpdtmGy.jpg
jZyGJ9p.jpg

Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 2.75 )
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 2 )
Brush = C&H V17 Fanchurian
Soap = Noble Otter Neon Sun
Splash Noble Otter Neon Sun
Balm = Gillette Comforting Balm
EDP = Noble Otter Neon Sun
00354960-3898-4496-B8D6-CD0AB77EC802.jpegBrilliant 3 pass shave today,
iv had some sort of virus over the weekend making me feel quite shitty,
Probably just a 24 hour thing but i’m 100% better today.
The Razor i haven’t used for around a year due to it being to aggressive for me.
a Bit like the Blackland Dart i used the other day i decided to give it another visit and man it was first class.
Having said that i was extra careful with the razor just gliding over the face with no pressure whatsoever,
Every stroke was full concentration,
i don’t know if i can be bothered with this type of razor but saying that this was a straight 10/10.
it really was a dream to use and i’m looking forward to my next go although it won’t be this week as i’m off to Brazil on saturday and i’d like to go scar free lol.
The Brush is also a hit & miss,
The handle is first class, prefect height perfect shape & the pictures don’t do it justice.
However the knot is the V17 which is the most gel iv felt on a knot & hopefully i never feel like that again i just don’t like it.
I want Scritchy i want to feel the brush working it’s magic on the face.
I don’t dislike it enough to get rid of it but it’s entered my head.
Bring On Tomorrow,
You know your a sado when all you think about is your next shave lol
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 2.75 )
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 2 )
Brush = C&H V17 Fanchurian
Soap = Noble Otter Neon Sun
Splash Noble Otter Neon Sun
Balm = Gillette Comforting Balm
EDP = Noble Otter Neon Sun
View attachment 103089Brilliant 3 pass shave today,
iv had some sort of virus over the weekend making me feel quite shitty,
Probably just a 24 hour thing but i’m 100% better today.
The Razor i haven’t used for around a year due to it being to aggressive for me.
a Bit like the Blackland Dart i used the other day i decided to give it another visit and man it was first class.
Having said that i was extra careful with the razor just gliding over the face with no pressure whatsoever,
Every stroke was full concentration,
i don’t know if i can be bothered with this type of razor but saying that this was a straight 10/10.
it really was a dream to use and i’m looking forward to my next go although it won’t be this week as i’m off to Brazil on saturday and i’d like to go scar free lol.
The Brush is also a hit & miss,
The handle is first class, prefect height perfect shape & the pictures don’t do it justice.
However the knot is the V17 which is the most gel iv felt on a knot & hopefully i never feel like that again i just don’t like it.
I want Scritchy i want to feel the brush working it’s magic on the face.
I don’t dislike it enough to get rid of it but it’s entered my head.
Bring On Tomorrow,
You know your a sado when all you think about is your next shave lol
Stay Safe Boys n Girls
You gonna get a Brazil wax?

0EC31382-B964-48D4-87CF-632FAE076246.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Pre de Provence 63
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute EDT

Very nice indeed.

Monday 27th March

AMWts8A6Ds50kcXZScLJhivDp8QXySWdz5Y99eSDy9V4H6lEnKxsv75WJb7QQh7Dr1380GEa_nKLXMVCBIGYCAObOA8hExuBHksJHSZHpDM_kBjb5f7t1wRN9geRgAPNKa2dnAnlHH_r8dbajCQYDZaUdqwJoA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig & Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (Green/India)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

Fun revisiting the Indian-made Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp in the green packaging. I've not used one for a good while and @donnie_arko mentioned it the other day, so I thought "why not?". Just as good as I remember ... a good quality Super Stainless which, to my face, is absolutely on a par with the Super Stainless from SuperMax and a good deal better than the Russian equivalent. I really rate the Indian-made Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum in the black packaging as well. They make a really sound pair.

Fun!

Last edited:
Monday 27th March

AMWts8A6Ds50kcXZScLJhivDp8QXySWdz5Y99eSDy9V4H6lEnKxsv75WJb7QQh7Dr1380GEa_nKLXMVCBIGYCAObOA8hExuBHksJHSZHpDM_kBjb5f7t1wRN9geRgAPNKa2dnAnlHH_r8dbajCQYDZaUdqwJoA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig & Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (Green/India)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

Fun revisiting the Indian-made Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp in the green packaging. I've not used one for a good while and @donnie_arko mentioned it the other day, so I thought "why not?". Just as good as I remember ... a good quality Super Stainless which, to my face, is absolutely on a par with the Super Stainless from SuperMax and a good deal better than the Russian equivalent. I really rate the Indian-made Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum in the black packaging as well. They make a really pair.

Fun!

Thanks for the tag Paul.

I think this Indian blade is one of the sleepers of the market, about as sharp as a Nacet. I prefer it immensely to the Russian 7OC blades.

I think this Indian blade is one of the sleepers of the market, about as sharp as a Nacet. I prefer it immensely to the Russian 7OC blades.

Over at Refined Shave he found that while the Gillette Nacet was sharper from new, after the first pass the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp was indeed the same sharpness as the Gillette Nacet. That's when he tested the blades, but to be frank it's usually a matter of two or three strokes of a fresh before the true character of that blade is revealed.

So, yes ... sharp as a Nacet. Less bitey.

Given that the look and feel of packaging seems very important in India, I wonder who was first with the green packaging that seems to be used across many blade makers to denote their baseline Super Stainless offering. Gillette, or SuperMax?

After a pretty average experience with the persona blue today's random blade was the Gillette Super Thin new stainless paired with:

Futur clone
Hampshire lanolin 1/2
FS synthetic brush
Nivea Sensitive Balm

Futur clone seems to be doing the business of late, but paired with the super thin blade just didn't do the job for me. Tuggy and just not sharp/robust enough if that's a thing. Wound the clone back to 1 and with care got a 2 pass shave done, seems to have a very narrow angle of shave to get it working. Maybe it was the combination with the razor and me, but it's not a blade I will revisit any time soon as I have a bunch of better performing blades to go back to. On a plus the packaging design is one of my personal favourites so far

See what tomorrow's lucky blade dip brings.

Attachments

• PXL_20230327_184627304~2.jpg
    PXL_20230327_184627304~2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom