SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

SOTD: 31/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Razor
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

My first shave with the original Occam, and thankfully it shaves in a very similar manner to the nano. It’s an obviously heavier razor but not massively much more than the Oren. It is very similar and the shave is as effortless as the Oren, with the end results being an amazingly smooth shave almost as close as the Oren. I was worried the slightly bigger base plate would make for a more difficult under the nose shave but everything went without a hitch. I guess it doesn’t quite zip as speedily around the face as the Oren, but on my first shave it’s been very nearly just as amazing and certainly as enjoyable. It won’t stop me looking for an Oren but I’m extremely happy with the original and it’s a great addition to the den! I’ll do a direct comparison tomorrow of the original vs Oren but it’s a very close call on my first shave.

If you want zip you really do need to try the Enoch. I'd be happy to loan you mine.

Hopefully thats Bolton beating Plymouth Sunday!!!’

If you want zip you really do need to try the Enoch. I'd be happy to loan you mine.
That’s very generous I always enjoy trying new/old razors, and it would mean I’ve tried out quite a few of the razors they made! I’ll PM you in the morning. Do let me know if there’s any of mine you’d like to try out.

At the risk of overplaying my hand, it says Puff Hoes, and Puff means knocking shop, whorehouse, bordello etc in German. Once more, serendipity steps in with a Hotmetal level pun opportunity.

And to be English about it, a gardening implement used in the production of large scale cannabis farming.

Thanks for the enabling post. That shave bar piqued my interest. At £4.75 including p/p from https://www.sirgordonbennett.com/product/classic-glycerine-shaving-soap/

Ordered!