SOTD: Saturday March 18 - Friday 24 March 2023.

SOTD 23 March 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Soap: Signature Soap - Valentia.
Brush: Blackland Signature (Synthetic).
Razor: Blackland Sabre - L1
Blade: Gem Personna (day 1).
EDC: Czech and Speake Vetiver Vert.

SOTD (4).jpg

SOTD 24 March 2023

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Carbon Theory Charcoal and Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Bar, followed by cold water splash.
Cream: Jack Black Shave Cream Triple Cushion Shave Lather,
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Blackland Sabre - L1
Blade: Gem Personna (day 2).
EDC: Czech and Speake Vetiver Vert.

2 truly amazing shaves with the Blackland Sabre - L1 - I made a detrmined effort to wean myself off of the Seygus Zeppelin v2 - decided I needed a change from DE blades and opted for a GEM blade.

It's been a long time since I have shaved with the Sabre - muscle memory kicked in - just like riding a bike. A lovely 3 pass shave WTG, and XTG (L-R and R-L). BBS finish (withour trying) with no issues to report.

I really enjoy the post shave skin feel of the Jack Black shave cream; that combined with the D.R. Harris Pink Aftershave - a traditional counter balance to the modern Blackland Gem razor - this combination felt simply divine.

Wishing everyone a good weekend when that comes.

Chris

My final entry for this week of SOTD's arrives with the theme....
'Attention, attention people of the Shaving community this is the voice of Radio Satan'

20230324_170453.jpg

89.35 Mhz - Occams Enoch
90.25 Mhz - Kai Titan mild
12.36 Ghz - Zenith dark synthetic
83.25 Mhz - MDC Fougere
1.58bn Mhz - L'Occitane Cade balm

'My God, can I not get this effing idiot off the radio?'

A great end to the week and a new blade for the Enoch. That's the problem with these SE's, I just never know how many shaves a blade has made until I call it a day and change it. Otherwise I think a blade would last me a lifetime. I'd probably look a pile of shit, but hey ho, I do anyway.

Have a wonderful weekend you shavateers and I may as well state the usual, I love you all.

And I welcome you all to the weekend with those compulsory Friday Japanese girlies, Puffyshoes. Up there with best of the Japanese girly bands

Late to the party, very tardy of me!

Last week whilst away Wed-Fri, my shaves for these 3 days consisted of re-vamped FI issue tech turned into a travel set by Razor Emporium, Nacet blade and Tabac - the stick actually has some samples of the tallow based Tabac that I got grafted onto it, so I'm getting a bit of a mix. Each time a decent enough shave.

The EJ travel synth is reasonably good at holding enough lather for 3 passes, but I doubt I'd pay the current price for it.

Attachments

• 20230322_211242.jpg
    20230322_211242.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom