SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

SOTD 13-Mar
20230313_075224.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Black Watch
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet (Z-5)

Excellent shave this morning, had to skip yesterday's so an abundance to take down today. The LC taking it all down in short order with the Wizamet that still seems to be holding up, though I think this may be about the limit.

Hope everyone had a grand weekend and has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Monday 13th March
Claymore Evolution - Schick Proline P #6 - Zenith 506 - Tabac - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
gIvELnm.jpg

After Saturday's shave I'd really given up trying to like the Proshave blade. The blade was its second use and both times it had been too rough on the first pass. Back to the trusty Proline.

SOTD: 13/03/2023

Razor: Gillette Ball End Handle Tech c1950's
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Green, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: La Toja Stick
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Novus Spice Aftershave
Balm: Phoenix And Beau Empress Rising Balm

Thoroughly enjoying back to basics at the moment. No fancy-pants soap or routine. Keeping it simple.

220313.jpg

F8E0BA52-925D-4912-A929-FEEDB90A1880.jpeg

Razor: Feather DX
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
Brush: Kent H8 Best
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Geo F Trumper Rose
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

Superb shave using the old Trumpers Rose formula, why oh why did they ever change it. I’m a big D.R.Harris fan but I think this might just have the edge due to the excellent residual slickness.

13 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Bartigan & Stark: Campione
Fragrance: Atman Xaman Eau de Parfum by Lorenzo Villoresi.

WOW.. I honestly wasn't expecting that. An absolutely stunning shave with another 'new to me' artisan soap. I understand these are produced in small batches, so if you get the opportunity to try one, I suggest you take it... and the Weber surprised me, yet again, by bringing out the best in the Wizzie.. yeah, an absolutely stunning shave.

A bad combination:
Stirling Dunshire soap + Semogue boar brush (I know that I need a synthetic brush to lather up a tallow rich soap)
Rex Ambassador setting 3 (too aggressive for not a lot of protection from the soap)
Gillette 7 o'clock SS
Old Spice

A bad concocted combination. I keep not liking the Stirling, I don't manage to leather up nicely, plus it smells "fat". But I refuse to throw it away, so time to time I need to inflict it to myself.
Did not get too much irritation but still... MDC forever.

13/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 11 (3).JPG
I tried the Kai in the wonderful Athena today, it gives the razor an edginess which i personally do not think it needs.
The Athena still gave a top quality shave today and i was BBS in 2 comfortable passes.
An easy lather from "the Fat" and AP synth and a nice post shave routine from the Floïd, no indication at all from the splash.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

11-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Mellon, Perma Sharp (# 12) :: Semogue Galahad C3, Finest badger :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

3QKIprZ.jpg

13-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Polished OC, Perma Sharp (# 13) :: Druida Tulip Caramel Stripes :: Barrister & Mann, Cologne Russe :: Lea 3 en 1 :: Lea, After-shave

m8XkN37.jpg

Salut!

cNjbS5G.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Musgo Real Oak Moss EdC

13/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass Gelousy Bulb 20mm
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
View attachment 102301
I tried the Kai in the wonderful Athena today, it gives the razor an edginess which i personally do not think it needs.
The Athena still gave a top quality shave today and i was BBS in 2 comfortable passes.
An easy lather from "the Fat" and AP synth and a nice post shave routine from the Floïd, no indication at all from the splash.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Strangely I have recently tried the Athena with a Feather which I consider a sharper prospect than the Kai and found it a super match. Worth trying Tony if you have one to hand.1

Strangely I have recently tried the Athena with a Feather which I consider a sharper prospect than the Kai and found it a super match. Worth trying Tony if you have one to hand.1
I think that it is because of the Kia's slightly broader width that has given it the "edginess" Chris. I will run I feather in it though.

Back
Top Bottom