SOTD: Saturday March 11 - Friday 17 March 2023.

Razor = Ikon B1 OSS
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm Turn N Shave Custom Boar
Soap = B&M The Four Horsemen ( Plague )
with matching splash
Balm = Clarins. Super Moisturiser
8848CF93-2123-47FF-BF3C-3A91BC4E2494.jpegAnother fantastic 2 pass shave,
i Don’t know if my skin can take shaving everyday but at the moment things are going well.
The Razor i hadn’t used in months and it’s been a while since i had such a heft in my hand
well maybe not that long ;)
Seriously The Ikon is very underrated in my opinion and every time i use it i keep saying i’m going to use it more regular, but i don’t lol
to many to choose from i guess.
B&M seem to have a knack of producing wonderful soaps & this one is no different.
4 in the set & this is the second iv tried and again i loved every minute.
Also i think this is my number 1 brush
@TobyC is 100% correct
Boar Is Best.
Enjoy your Sunday boys n girls & keep out of the snow as long as possible.

2E787956-01AB-4745-9E41-A2DFE309EBE5.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Razor: Feather AS-D2 (face)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Wickham Soap Co Gothic Revival
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Trumpers Eucris EDT

What's the Ikon like to use? How's the coating on the head? The idea of a coating on a SS razor kinda makes me worry that you could lose the longevity of a SS razor if the coating wears through. But, they are appealing razors...
Iv had mine around 2 years mate and it looks as good today as it did when i bought it.
If it starts to go it goes i’m not to concerned.
i also have the Rockwell 6s in Black and that coating is also perfect although iv seen others that seem to be coming of a bit.
The Ikon is a great shaver.
when i first got it i felt it was a bit aggressive for me but now it’s a dream

Iv had mine around 2 years mate and it looks as good today as it did when i bought it.
If it starts to go it goes i’m not to concerned.
i also have the Rockwell 6s in Black and that coating is also perfect although iv seen others that seem to be coming of a bit.
The Ikon is a great shaver.
when i first got it i felt it was a bit aggressive for me but now it’s a dream
I wish it was available in raw SS

It seems odd to coat a material that’s already corrosion resistant (at least to me)

I’ve never been sure about coated watches either....

Sunday 12th March

AMWts8BlKnUJC78siJPKX75d-j7c_qAa1mb7fWeyaVao1vYHXsXF6iI2b5MmDgKilbZ0tDJvDAUzOrni9HGsJQFVw2NAjbXqIpR1GvBg_5gKFWZR-odfbyiXoIsVZu47WTrqsvdNqwOMSN5k1q7RiDbywiBsjw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Omega Crema da Barba & Razorock Bruce Plissoft Synthetic 24mm
Muhle Rocca Stainless & Lord Cool Super Stainless
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave

I don't know why I've been so excited to try this blade, afterall every new Lord blade I try is ostensibly the same as every other Lord blade I've already tried ... but I've been a tad giddy today about tonight's shave. I guess that's part of the magic of packaging up the same thing in many guises - folks click with some more than others.

Something about the packaging (both this blade and the Tajam I'll use tomorrow) puts me very much in mind of SuperMax or particularly Treet. What we do know is that the Lord Cool & Tajam are blades marketed for Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand & the Phillippines. I can't help thinking of Talvar, Tjax and Tez when I look at this pair of blades.

The shave? Oh, duh! Yeah! Super-smooth, like Lord Classic smooth. Sharp, too which felt just a tad prickly with the first few stokes but that calmed down and gave me an absolutely stonking shave! Lovely, indeed.

To compliment the cooling shaving soap (geddit? Eucalyptus shaving soap? Lord Cool?) I finished with a rare splash of vintage Jade East. Ice and a slice, indeed!

Last edited:
I can't be there
I'm washin' me 'air
#thiswillbereallydifficultifyoucantimaginetheaccent #sorrynorthamericanmembers

With you on the Ayres' genius -

So I lay in the old dentist's chair,
And I gaze up his nose in despair,
And his drill it do whine,
In these molars of mine,
"Two amalgum," he'll say, "for in there."

How I laughed at my Mother's false teeth,
As they foamed in the waters beneath,
But now comes the reckonin'
It's me they are beckonin'
Oh, I wish I'd looked after me teeth.

:giggle: - I.

I wish it was available in raw SS

It seems odd to coat a material that’s already corrosion resistant (at least to me)

I’ve never been sure about coated watches either....
Just shows you were all different.
It was the look of the razor that first attracted me to it,
the Black head on the stainless handle really appealed to me,
I look after everything i have and treat them very well so i can’t see any coating coming off unless it’s banged about a bit

Just shows you were all different.
It was the look of the razor that first attracted me to it,
the Black head on the stainless handle really appealed to me,
I look after everything i have and treat them very well so i can’t see any coating coming off unless it’s banged about a bit

I'll back Mike up here and say that the coating is top notch. I've had mine for several years now and not one hint of the coating wearing away and yes, it has been dropped. Unlike the Tatara dark which is very poor and wearing after just a year, and not been dropped.

I also have the 'raw' Ikon and I can't say there is any difference between the two versions. If anything the black is probably a smoother run.

As a razor, I think most people on here know my thoughts, I regard it is as being a 'God razor'. It is aggressive but get to learn it and few others match the quality close shaves it delivers. At first it can be daunting but just needs a kids gloves approach and some styptic pencils on the side. It won't be kind.

Biggest problem? Will probably be trying to source one. I was lucky to have been gifted a plain version recently (after selling my own in the past and regretting doing so) and remember checking prices and thinking 'no way' but that is what they were demanding.

If you can find one I'd go for it

Oh, and don't get fooled by both the OC and the OSS heads. They are not the same level of aggressiveness and made for children to learn how to shave. It has to be the closed, end of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom