SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

i
I have a few English Wikinson sword blades, 6 wilkinson swords and 2 wilkinson sword edge.
I use them very sparingly, but when I do they are great, are the Brazil blades as good?
iv got plenty vintage wilkinson blades myself & like them a lot.
yes these were good dare i say better
i reckon they are up there with london Bridge, Gillette Blues.
Time will tell it’s only my first shave but but first initial thoughts are they are up there with the best

SOTD 09-Jan
20230108_120531.jpg
Brush: M7
Soap: Black Watch
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Rubie (2)

Decent shave this morning, kick off to the week so went for something swift and efficient which did not disappoint. Rubie seems decent but to be fair I cannot any real difference against the GSB so I'll stick with tried and tested on the next blade purchase.

Well just about ready for the week ahead, first full week in who knows how long...oh the joy lol.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Mon 9
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Elliott 'Fine India Steel' 13/16
Aftershave Proraso Green Balm
Nice enough soap for the creamy and slick lather with a light scent, but the balm is good. The brush is a delight to use.
Today's shave session was short of time, so just 2 passes with this excellent razor for a bbs-ccs finish without any issues...
20230109_135210.jpg

9 January

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Razorock Hawk v3
Schick Proline
Village Barber balm

7BBA3B0F-45AC-46E0-AA38-0E040BCD9A28.jpeg
A really good two pass shave this morning. The Hawk v3 has proved to be a better razor, for me, than the Hawk v2 and both safety bar Game Changers by some margin. Sometimes, persistence pays off.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Brazilian Wilkinson Sword ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons T3 Liquid Gold
Cream = Simpsons Sandlewood with matching balm
Splash = Boots Freshwood
View attachment 98648Well what a top drawer shave it really was
a straight 10/10 & perfect bbs in 3 passes.
It was the first shave for me in 4 days due to unforeseen circumstances
i.e shite airlines.
The cream was more of a liquid consistency due to it sitting in the Brazilian sun for 4 days
but hey ho it still performed the way it should.
Not the best creams these but still i don’t like to take anything i might loss abroad,
Saying that it’s decent enough but i prefer the balm to the soap.
I can’t believe i’m in the middle of Brazil with a bottle of Boots aftershave
what a f-in tramp :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
but these you go
i can safely say the aftershave won’t be returning home and i’ll probably ditch the cream as well.
i need to make room for the multiple packs of blades
well it would be rude not to.
Take Care Lads
& Stay Safe

oh forgot to say the blade was first class

Ah Brazil. Wonderful country

A graveyard to good marriages

09/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Feather FHS-10
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 02 (3).JPG
I have just shaved with, what i think, is the "safest safety razor" in the world. It just works, i like the looks of it, it feels great in the hand and the weighty Stainless version gives the shaving experience a little more than the soul-less lighter version i have tried. Today i fitted the Blade it was designed around instead of a modified GEM.
A nice enough lather from the Smog-Hog and Arran although i did revisit the puck for the second pass, no hardship really. I really like the light, fresh fragrance of the Machrie.
2 passes with some buffing for a very comfortable BBS finish, although it is not a "deep" close shave.
A wonderful post shave carrying on the fresh, clean theme.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

PXL_20230109_112622831~2.jpg
SOTD January 8 2023

Razor - Feather ll injector
Blade - Feather injector
Soap - GFT - Oxford Blue
Brush - Goodfellas Wild Hog (Omega)
Bowl - Captain's Choice - Aqua Marine Copper
Post - Baxter of California ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros

The second use of this soap and this time with the help of my Wild Hog boar brush and my Captain's Choice Copper lathering bowl I was able to produce a rich stable luxurious lather comparable to any of the GFT cream's.
The vintage Feather injector and blade gave me a outstanding finish, one I could write home about!
Everything used today (last night to be honest) worked in perfect harmony, one could not ask for a better shave. One happy Monkey!
I used one of my favourite frags to finish this lovely shave.

@Mike Smart

Stay safe chaps,

Paul.

Monday January 9, 2023
Razor: Ever Ready Streamline Chromium
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Lutin/Badger
Soap: Ethos ShaveMD
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos ShaveMD SFS
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,526
KIX4Nva.jpg

OKOdbTr.jpg

Switched the Personna Platinum from yesterday to my tried and tested Fatboy. This is where I go if I'm not sure what's going wrong with a shave. Dialled it down to 4 just be sure and lathered the Classic version of yesterday's La Barbiera shaving soap.
I got a better lather today. Fewer airy bubbles and I made a lot of excess lather. The scent is good but I still feel the cushion is a little lacking. Could still feel the Personna on face even with such a mild razor and blade gap setting.
Also sliced my nostril which I can't really blame on the soap!

I think 3P tomorrow with the same blade and probably the same razor. The Fatip Piccolo SE will have to wait a few days as I need to finish this Personna Platinum plus the Treet 7 Days I started before Xmas!

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fatboy (replated)
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: La Barbiera Classic
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopobarba https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63bc0f43718a6562eace6e72PXL_20230109_122909107.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom