SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

Sunday January 8, 2023
Razor: Gillette Big Fellow
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Spartan Custom/Cashmere
Soap: Tabac Stick
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black EDT
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,525
tnShUG5.jpg

Sunday 8 January
As I’m now on a week of SE shaves thought it was time to give the shavette an airing. I haven’t really got into shavettes, too timid to try and perfect a new technique I guess. I also prefer my blood to be inside my body than outside thank you. However, loaded yesterday’s Captain Titan mild, applied pre shave oil, creamed up RR Aqua lather and got to work. I was surprised how quickly and easily I completed a reasonable first pass, no damage either. I had decided beforehand that I would finish with the Hawk A plate so transferred the blade and completed atg and pick ups for a really pleasurable and comfortable shave. On with Il Stormo after shave and a grim, wet and windy Sunday even looks good to me!
Have a great day fellas

A1635385-6936-4667-A72F-17A069A910ED.jpeg

08/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - AP400 Slim Synbad 22mm
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Supply V2 Mirror Polished #2
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 02 (2).JPG
A very smooth, comfortable 3 pass shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

69BA0E62-4560-417F-8E03-729F8D6B7DD4.jpeg

Head & face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (Head)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Razor: Blackland Vector (Face)
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Lather: Wickham Soap Co Gothic Revival
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Molton Brown Tobacco Absolute edt

A rare use by me of an artisan soap as I generally use triple milled soaps but I have to admit that this soap trumps most of my hard soaps in terms of performance. Post shave is simply superb as is the scent. I think I’m going to gave to add a few British artisan soaps to my collection this year.

8/1/23

This little lot:

1697B4FE-5DD7-4838-ADC3-CFDB1A596454.jpeg

R41 and Shark combination as usual. Picked up a couple of Wilkinson Sword soaps in Tesco today as they are so cheap and I’d heard good (& bad) things about them.

Warm soak then oil, as I don’t often use soaps so wasn’t sure how this would go. Face-lathered and while it didn’t look massively thick it work really, really well. So much so that my usual ATG the WTG passes were followed with a very rarely seen third pass, ATG.

Finished with a cold rinse and soak,

Very smooth and very comfortable shave from a very cheap soap.

Last edited:
First shave with one of the four La Barbiera shaving soaps and with the German Personna Platinum blades.

Although the soap lathered quickly the lather was quite foamy with lots of bubbles. There wasn't a lot of cushioning and I could really feel the blade on my face. Face is quite hot now and a few weepers.
I tried the Sweet Orange because it had the least convincing smell of the four and wanted to see if lathering changed it. No is the answer. It smells like there's orange in there but some other fruitiness going on, and a lot like the much more convincing Summer Fruits variation.
After I finished the shave I relathered a few times just to see if I was doing anything wrong, then lathered the 3P. The 3P lathered quickly into copious thick lather which spilled out of the bowl and none of the thinness and bubbles.
The other La Barbiera shaving soaps will get a go later in the week but with a more familiar blade; I still need to finish the Treet 7 Days so that is a contender.

The blade seemed to give quite a close shave with the Fat Tech. I will give it a run out with the 3P tomorrow and see how I get on with the same razor.

I put a label on the cologne to remind me what the smell is supposed to be! It's not that strong or long lasting; a generic artificial hair product smell if that makes any sense.

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: La Barberia Sweet Orange
Aftershave: Marmara Quash Kolonya Cherry https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63baea6c718a6562eace6e5bPXL_20230108_151319639.jpg

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: Boti Annual 22mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Signature Soaps Valentia
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

A really nice shave today; I was actually tempted to chuck in the towl on blade testing and order 100 Wizamet blades after today's shave, but I've got several more to test and then plan on doing a re-run on the top 3 or 4 before I choose a favourite.

Welcome to a shave themed…

“Shifty Shades of Cheap Grey
or is that Gray”

6B912DC0-F269-446D-B723-FEF912757705.jpeg

Merkur 33 Grey | Grey’s Nacet | Wooden Wood off Gray Trees Brush | PROPER BLOODY INGRAM SHAVE CREAM AND NOT THE UNMENTHOLATED NEW MUCK | Gray’s Bootwood Freshtershave
As always, thanks to my hero of insanity, SantaFriendly. No Japanese ladies because they frighten me and I can’t do GIFs ‘cos I’s fick.

And remember, Matron loves you all!​

Back
Top Bottom