SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

Welcome to a colour-coded shave theme callled…

A Blue Do‘

or

‘How much shaving crap you
can bung in an old soup bowl’

The Protagonists

Gillette Birth Year/Quarter U2 Slim Twist | Gillette Platinum | Hand-carved Ash with Cashmere | Vintage Ingram | Boot’s Freshwood AS | James Bronnley Original EdT

D67F906A-129A-49D6-A61C-A2770CA75323.jpeg

And remember Matron loves you all…!

Last edited:
9 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra: Sweet & Dandy

as you can probably tell by now, I have a real liking for Los Jabones de Joserra.. what can I say? They have that certain 'je ne sais quoi' that brings immense joy to my shaving experience.

A Blue Do‘

or

The Protagonists

Gillette Birth Year/Quarter U2 Slim Twist | Gillette Platinum | Hand-carved Ash with Cashmere | Vintage Ingram | Boot’s Freshwood AS | James Bronnley Original EdT

View attachment 98673

Looking good, dude :love:

Hiya,

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Schick F type/Schick Platinum Plus blade from around 1990
Rebranded Simpsons two band silvertip
AOS vintage lemon shaving cream (made in England)
No after shave
Bvlgari Black EdT....now extinct

Great shave with this razor/blade combo. Wiped away 3 days wortha whiskers with ease. Probably my favorite injector, bought years ago at a flea market in Illinois.

Very good shaving cream from maybe 10-12 years ago and not the later USA version. Still plenty of single note EO scent left and the performance is excellent.

The EdT is now extinct and quite expensive compared to a few years ago. Really nice frag and not to be confused with the Bvlgari Man In Black.

BBS results,

Martin

Last edited:
SOTD 20230109.
QMXsUzD.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
J&T® ebony / OUMO Brush SHD G5 SYN knot.
Barbiere di Figaro "Distinto" shaving soap.
Vintage Gillette Old Type / Stork Ti "AN14" handle.
Rapira Super Stainless Chrome (1).
Hawkins&Brimble "Elemi & Ginseng" ASB.

Monday 9 January
Moving along with SE week, pulled out the DLC Yaqi and added a new half Derby. Then took the Evelyn & Crabtree vintage Indian sandalwood and applied a lather evenly with the Zenith. This brush produces copious amounts of lather quickly and easily but with the largish and full knot it’s easy to fill the nostrils if you’re not careful, which I wasn’t this time. Snot everywhere, Hey ho.
1 pass wtg and a second atg plus pickups and job done. One small corner of mouth weeper, there is a lot of blade on show compared to some and I did rush it a bit but nothing the alum block couldn’t sort.
I’ve slowly become a fan of Derby blades, having been a bit neutral before and this one didn’t disappoint.
Have a good evening fellas.

9288B72C-F932-4699-ADC7-54C3D2E91F93.jpeg

Last edited:

A Blue Do‘

or

The Protagonists

View attachment 98673

Is this the razor waiting for new handle? I already ordered tortoise material for it

Back
Top Bottom