SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

Something different for me today. Swapped my usual R41 and Shark blade for Merkur 45 Bakelite and a Personna Platinum Chrome blade. Not sure how many times the blade had been used before as not used this razor for years. It did feel a bit blunt and I find this a tricky razor to use. The blade gets very flexed and sits at quite an angle.

I still managed a decent shave with it, but I’ll load it up with a new Shark before tomorrow’s shave...

24362874-201E-49B1-806A-AB39F2AADF60.jpeg

Are those Gillette super nacets new?

I love nacets but seen that one before

They are kind of new, sold in Malaysia and difficult to get hold off here but there is a guy selling them on eBay. I kind of lose my shit when it comes to obscure blades that have a picture of a crocodile being cut on the cover.

I think the Russian Nacet is a better blade, which I think is one of the best blades around.

They are kind of new, sold in Malaysia and difficult to get hold off here but there is a guy selling them on eBay. I kind of lose my shit when it comes to obscure blades that have a picture of a crocodile being cut on the cover.

I think the Russian Nacet is a better blade, which I think is one of the best blades around.
yea nacets are one of my favourite blades too

hink fo the cost theyre one of the best bang for your buck for sure

Sunday AM 2023-01-15
The first photograph of a live mature giant squid was taken on this date in 2002, Goshiki Beach, Japan
PvAD2EN.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Horn Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes shaving cream
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes aftershave
UdQGIcE.jpg
jx7yjkS.jpg

SOTD 15-Jan
View attachment 98983
Brush: M7
Soap: Kentucky Rain
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Rubie (4)

Grand shave this morning, the pre NY purchase from Sir Henry arrived (still 2 others to arrive from 2022, swear they're taking a cruise ship over) and have to say its very very nice (cheers @Dave in KY). There's a nice mix and as was mentioned the rose doesn't seem in your face, seems like a winner! Now just to give the Quartet and Sandalwood a go out, not to mention the samples that Sir Henry threw in, happy days!

Hope everyone has had a grand one!

Cheers

Marc
Glad it worked for you Marc !

Back
Top Bottom