SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

14/1/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - THE FAT
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Super Nacet (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original

First time using the Gillette Super Nacet, seemed nice enough, but I don't think it's up there with the run of the Russian Nacet.

View attachment 98951
Are those Gillette super nacets new?

I love nacets but seen that one before

Ah, just spoke to Mike and it's only the Oxford Blue and Officer's and Gentlemen soap which is worth buying!
It's odd but I can confirm that those two soaps are very good indeed!

From the ingredient list, they're both the same soap ... and the same as T&H current formula, which is very good indeed.

Trumpers regular range is way beyond disappointing and more like a crass joke.

R02T6qU.png

From the ingredient list, they're both the same soap ... and the same as T&H current formula, which is very good indeed.

Trumpers regular range is way beyond disappointing and more like a crass joke.
Well, the plot thickens!

Where when why!

GFT brought two T&H soaps and sold them on as their own!?

Paul.

Last edited:
Well, the plot thickens!

Where when why!

GFT brought two T&H soaps and sold them on as their own!?

There was a lot of talk once about a soap company up in Dundee, was it? Basically, The Three T's all bought from them. T&H and TOBS must be laughing their pants off at Trumpers for buying the dud and calling it their own.

Sun 15
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
Forgotten soap...really good quality lather...thickly creamy and slick but lightly scented. The reuzel matches nicely.
A wonderfully relaxing Sun shave with this excellent razor. Refreshed & strop on the hanging 0.1um balsa and kanayama...the edge was buttery smooth soft. 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230115_121100.jpg

SOTD: 15th January 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 48.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic shave sticks. (Grated)
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Denim Original ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A very in-expensive eclectic shave set up where everything paired together wonderfully.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Gillette Tech :: Personna blade (2, ger) :: Hampshire wool fat No.2 :: Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush
View attachment 98947
My first ever shave with a Gillette razor, a Made in England Ball-end Tech, with ALU base plate that I picked up on ebay in a moment of momentary weakness (heh). Well, it wasn't great, but also it was much better than any other light razor I every used. I am pretty sure it's my poor technique, I suppose I'll need to learn to shave with the lightweights properly...
It will come with practice. Short strokes, relather, and don't apply pressure.

What is that shaving soap like? I saw it on ebay and it looked a bit like Mitchell's wool fat. Was it good at cushioning you from the blade and how does it smell?

It will come with practice. Short strokes, relather, and don't apply pressure.

What is that shaving soap like? I saw it on ebay and it looked a bit like Mitchell's wool fat. Was it good at cushioning you from the blade and how does it smell?
Thank you for the advice, appreciated!

Regarding the soap: I like it very much, the lather is indeed thick and creamy, easy to whip up, performs excellently. I guess a lot like proper MWF. I have two of the HWFs (No.s 1 and 2), but I find it difficult to describe scents... I think they're both somewhat scented (unlike the 'cleanness' of MWF), especially no.1 is sort of 'fresh' (I suppose that's the patchouli?), but not overly strong. Perhaps there are other shavers on the forum who can do this better...

Back
Top Bottom