SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

PXL_20230425_103728263~3.jpg
April 25.

Razor - Asylum Shave Works - Rx V2
Blade - Schick Proline 50mm
Soap - Folk Soap - Traditional Shaving Soap
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olivewood handle
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris EDP

Another close and smooth shave from the Rx fitted with a Proline blade.
The head of this razor reminds me of the Cobra SE I used to use however this razor is better in many respects and when used at the same angles as you would with an injector razor it gives very good results.
The Folk Soap is very good indeed, and never fails to produce an excellent lather.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy! :)

Paul.

25/04/23
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac
A/S - Tabac Aftershave Splash
Wk 17 (4).JPG
Nothing wrong with any part of that shave. Superb.
Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 25 April
Following yesterday‘s Leresche let down I decided that I needed to bring out my French hoes to play just to show that they did make some excellent razors, albeit some years before the Leresche. I fitted the ubiquitous GEM to the Marck, applied the superb Veresino soap and mowed down the stubble with ease, 2 passes, a little pick up for BBS finish and my satisfied smile.
The Czar is included in the RK Waites bible the Marck not. The heads look pretty much identical and I would imagine made in the same, although unknown factory. The Czar has a brass head and Marck which is slightly heavier is chromed brass, maybe the latter was perhaps the deluxe version?
Both are easy to use and give a very efficient shave, the GEM blade is the key of course, but I could imagine in its day with a honed steel wedge they would have been equally as good. I don’t have the patience or skill to hone a suitable wedge so am very happy that the adapted GEM option is available today.
Whatever you are doing enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 104604
View attachment 104605
There are "MARCK" straight razors, but they have "Sheffield Steel" blades, so probably not related.

Tues 25th April

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
MWF
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Though a very nice Razor blade changing can be a bit of a trial, well it was today as it took longer than the Shave. I think that I prefer the Hiram Commander because of this problem,

0B21F91E-D011-4BF2-B723-37B3F79FC511.jpeg

Tuesday 25 April
Following yesterday‘s Leresche let down I decided that I needed to bring out my French hoes to play just to show that they did make some excellent razors, albeit some years before the Leresche. I fitted the ubiquitous GEM to the Marck, applied the superb Veresino soap and mowed down the stubble with ease, 2 passes, a little pick up for BBS finish and my satisfied smile.
The Czar is included in the RK Waites bible the Marck not. The heads look pretty much identical and I would imagine made in the same, although unknown factory. The Czar has a brass head and Marck which is slightly heavier is chromed brass, maybe the latter was perhaps the deluxe version?
Both are easy to use and give a very efficient shave, the GEM blade is the key of course, but I could imagine in its day with a honed steel wedge they would have been equally as good. I don’t have the patience or skill to hone a suitable wedge so am very happy that the adapted GEM option is available today.
Whatever you are doing enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 104604
View attachment 104605
Rather partial to French hoes myself too! :LOL:

25/4/23

Brush - Shed Eleven/27mm Boti N3C
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Gillette New FB (raw brass)
Blade - Bic Chrome Platinum (8)
AS - Makler Celebration

3 days worth of growth were mowed down well by the raw brass FB NEW, which is quite a bit more efficient than the other FB NEW I own. I'm impressed with the BCP as well. 8th shave and it only seemed to feel a bit rough in the shave today.

IMG_20230425_173117.jpg

SOTD 20230425 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Shavemac 173, Silvertip D01 3-band, 24x50x95mm
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Puig Myrurgia Hidalgo Crema de Afeitar (sample, vintage)
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Neon Night Edition Exfoliating Razor #4
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP
gdBH40J.jpg

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Joe Satriani - Nineteen Eighty

Tuesday AM 2023-04-25
International Sculpture Day
dvx8plj.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

Oops. I just realized that I put a bottle of Pen's Lords AS in the image; I actually used the Floris 89.
Tv9CRHw.jpg

Last edited:
Sticking with the SE theme, today was my first shave using a Schick injector type razor...

Schick Injector J3 Golden 500
Persona Blade
TABAC
FS Synthetic Brush
Loreal post shave Balm

PXL_20230425_185635320~2.jpg

So, first attempt using a Schick razor and one word sums up the shave, easy.

Stuck to bowl lathering and cool water, TABAC whipped up nicely with a bit of effort, maybe 60 seconds or so.

Razor was very smooth and did fine job, no irritation no nicks or weepers just an easy shave, almost too easy so had to pay attention and not get too interested in the football commentary! Two passes, not the closest shave, but I'm not bothered about BBS four pass shaves etc just a good daily shave, and the schick delivered nicely.

To me, it's the perfect razor for those days when you just need an easy shave or short of time and just want minimul fuss.

Another razor that will join the rotation of hardware I was trying to narrow down but seems to be growing once more.

Stay well all.

Back
Top Bottom