SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

Tuesday 25th April

AJFCJaUFWYXxlKgHuB7hf0O75obF9eSB0o-_iHB-FAyTRUY77nwTHmQFwhccO_4nuZyMZrZPSL5XCNSWx5ORziOouk--fiEW5uHIvCIekL6OmtO96IFZzQn-bMBbYE3FuHTgDdvG8lDhDgqcQh-lDp_GJHTW1Q=w800

Wickham 1912 English Rose Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Gillette Super Thin (Vietnam)
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Continuing Artisan April ...

Switching over to the new(er) Vietnam-market Gillette Super Thin and compared to last night's run with the Thai-market blade, I did not like it as much. The Thai was silky smooth and up there with the best Platinum blades; the Vietnam equivalent wasn't quite there and more akin to the shaves I've been getting from the Lord house Platinum ... putting me much in mind of the Shark Platinum, while the Thai more like Statum Platinum Chrome.

Odd, because both are actually made in China (presumably the Shanghai plant) and quite probably the same blade. I'm using the same setup: soap, brush and blade.

Still good, but pulling more like a 7.4 versus the straight-up 9/10 from yesterday's Thai.

Onwards to the Super Nacet Platinum (Malaysia) tomorrow ...

Tuesday 25 April
Following yesterday‘s Leresche let down I decided that I needed to bring out my French hoes to play just to show that they did make some excellent razors, albeit some years before the Leresche. I fitted the ubiquitous GEM to the Marck, applied the superb Veresino soap and mowed down the stubble with ease, 2 passes, a little pick up for BBS finish and my satisfied smile.
The Czar is included in the RK Waites bible the Marck not. The heads look pretty much identical and I would imagine made in the same, although unknown factory. The Czar has a brass head and Marck which is slightly heavier is chromed brass, maybe the latter was perhaps the deluxe version?
Both are easy to use and give a very efficient shave, the GEM blade is the key of course, but I could imagine in its day with a honed steel wedge they would have been equally as good. I don’t have the patience or skill to hone a suitable wedge so am very happy that the adapted GEM option is available today.
Whatever you are doing enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 104604
View attachment 104605

Swish! I've had one of these through my hands ... under the very plebian 'Doncaster' branding!

_Rz3hKZT1Y1B-uu6eBkZIL6aLb52BS1pcS8QfdQXRr6hl3-8c6enrliFCbj6GhJX6fvj3bsOq5F-9QFIxwaJ3LjCX3qEn5CA2nIepf9LUcDyUisyNcclESZUknPWiYq7s-mxcLrmrmH25GucjV2BZNjVYuYDImeRLoTdrAKglYo2EIg_79WnW9QwnBQLwsbHK37v5YnuMN1XgMpN8NJpkf9-zZaljmL4wBeh2dQiYpGbwXJ84aYjwoVHFwfAZrOVTg5N1B5ouZYB4KGAMsti7bw3lhjARUoWoVwZIYSzckLhBVxZmk_KLtWQoLdGe5XTJiSney5WvQrwT8Q7HU6kFV2YdD2bWcxLRr6e2bLLgWZzGt2mR5iqNh4qdl0-Ov2cfY7M-Hj9M8Zuptxslnr9mJO5u21GnTRNBnFiZFhDU7yIKqnIW_Mx0Tg0hdwfUJCv4QRApYeXhJsD1uVUhB0c0ucLBliKzp1IAYhS4k8yNg0t4IKPec2dOb2IG-mTem0QRNf-RCqx7qerfA2-alIQ_3KjLQrPtnVvpGb-8fTsAJip1CTYw1ZRUw0kPWNHgUuDMThRM_4FrNG_Xur3iF2XoYvuj0p29ChDwK-aOiCjlOUfo9YhqMWq6p5urTJ5o7VgnE72WdizmWtjpxE13eNenJTqqcfQxhkF_V4CO9XKmrdjtecDnMUrjDB48XM0zXmotAgp6cz0AKJpuvzxQhW_5kDnudNB6PRvB-BOcUJNYBYi2Q7ZpxPWE5IwvgRSmyXgU34GGRDHYOwkQbqoMM0eTuDz032R63vWfbc57tvVRrV_lEHUhN7KPLfoLomQrY2zixtEl2ntspGIyv1pcC-I3d7C3xttXbG4KEbgH3MflDF3k29X6zN23hB-hVpdXdWMAij7HoI2l8RvcTMFZr3NdO1mECl066hrVgLjQ16TNakI-Q=w1200

Lovely to see them in action.

IMG_1550.jpeg
SOTD: 25/04/2023

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Schick Proline P-30, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: PAA Future Fiction EdT

Pre: Friendly Soaps - Tea Tree & Turmeric Soap
Razor: Karve SS SB - D
Blade: Sharp Titanium (2)
Soap: Grooming Dept - Luxor
Brush: EJ XL - 25mm Synthetic

20230423_160955.jpg

An extremely good shave. The Karve can be a bit fickle with blades, but surprisingly the Bangladeshi made Sharp Titanium worked very well. My first shave with Grooming Dept for a while; the lamb tallow Kairos base. A very low structured lather and easy to overload, but fantastic slickness and post-shave. Didn't really need the AS to be honest.

Tuesday 25th April

Soap • Stirling Gentleman
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (4)
Post • Stirling Gentleman Balm

The lather was spot on, the blade smooth - so what could go wrong? Yep . . .Good old user error.
I mis-judged the angle going ATG on my right cheek, and the blade dug in. I didn't feel any pain, and it took a good 10 seconds or so for the blood to emerge.
Luckily, it was superficial. Alum slowed it down so I could finish the shave.
Otherwise, it was a good shave.

SOTD 26-Apr
20230403_084432 (1).jpg
Brush: Highlander M7
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet

Decent shave, wish I had picked this Gillette new up a while ago, a really pleasant no fuss shave, plus it looks good to me!

Still a shame that they're going to be getting shot of Plunder, obviously not hugely popular but I do really like it. But I think they need to work on their EDPs, whilst smelling lovely the longevity needs improving.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Swish! I've had one of these through my hands ... under the very plebian 'Doncaster' branding!

And what is wrong with Doncaster? I spent most of my childhood there and I detested the place. Oddly I still do.

Thinking about it I've answered my own question. It's crap and in the words from the film Twin Town 'A pretty shitty city'

Didn't know they made razors there though:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom