SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

Monday 24 April

There’s a lot to admire about the French. The food, the wine, their Rugby team, and of course their enthusiasm for a public demonstration to give vent to their government decisions. I mean how dare the pension age in France be increased from 62 to 64! You must be having a laugh!
Anyway I digress, todays shave with the Leresche was not good. It’s a Gillette copy but despite trying several different and good blades like the Personna it was complètement de la merde monsieur. I had to finish the shave to an acceptable finish with my Razorine.
On the plus side, GSC Bay Rum produces a fairly light but creamy lather with a fine scent. Don’t worry, the shave pot is upside down so the crazed surface isn’t the soap! The bristle 1940s brush still going strong but yellowing like a set of ancient teeth.
I’m disappointed that this razor didn’t perform better but hey, the French can’t be good at everything they produce, just not this razor.
Have fine start to the week fellas!

4F0D92F0-5DF8-4DB8-98A0-5DBA0F2DBA52.jpeg

24/04/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - AP400 Slim Synbad 22mm
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Muhle R41GS / RR Bulldog
Blade - Rapira Platinum LUX
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 17 (3).JPG
An easy 2 pass shave for a very close comfortable finish this morning. I tried the shorter Bulldog handle on the R41GS today and it worked well. I was still mindful when using the razor and managed a no issue, great quality shave.
Finishing off with a nice post shave routine leaving one happy shaver this morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Noble Otter ‘Monoi de Tahiti’
HSC Erskine 150 Plissoft
Mongoose B2 Hempel titanium barberpole
Kai Titan mild #13
Noble Otter AS

A marvellous shave on a spring morning where the sun is shining and all the tulips in the garden are in full bloom. Superb soap and aftershave combo and the floral scent of monoi is very pleasant.

24 April

Sterling Campania
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

B1E33076-5C06-4F2F-BD32-CEC0C33C43E0.jpeg
A wonderful close, comfortable two pass shave this morning, no blood, no irritation. Everything I could want from my morning shave, plus a little more.

SOTD 24-Apr
View attachment 104543
Brush: Highlander M7 Style
Soap: SS Valentia
Razor: Shield GEM
Blade: GEM PTFE

Wonderful shave this morning, the signature soap exploding into lather aided by the Highlander brush. Probably had enough for another few passes left in the brush as well. Always impressed by this stuff, excellent volume brilliant slickness and the scent is cracking.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc
Thank you. Best Regards Brian

iJK0sp9.jpg

2nd use of Gillette Platinum Brasil and a fine shave it was. The AS I used today is the "unobtainium" Aqua Velva Original Sport available only in Canada. It smells like Irish Spring soap. I had to trade five beaver pelts to a voyageur for the bottle a few years back. ;)

Monday 24th April

AJFCJaUO5JBEc8Sm56AA5m0BSpd79pNLcA9IjOR12fRfJJ5vtZ4B9B1zBue6rfUj2PZPR5pq-Jn_qDt9pot4gv-O72SJIBZeaKY18MxDF6w9THwwFTiWUKqFny3PtZhEHiOePTgQa2Hym7wWwnM0c78zmK05DQ=w800

Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Gillette Super Thin (Thai)
Pinaud Citrus Musk Eau de Cologne (as Aftershave)

Continuing Artisan April ...

Running through a few Gillettes that I've got kicking about - the Thai Super Thin (tonight), the Vietnamese Super Thin (tomorrow), a vintage Malaysian Super Nacet Platinum and follow that with a Russian Nacet. All the Far-Eastern blades have been through the translation app and all are cited as Made in China with Shanghai also mentioned, so at a guess they're all from Gillette's Shanghai plant. To that end, I'm not expecting much difference between them.

The Thai Super Thin is a superb blade and certainly as good as I remember from (checks notes) over five years ago. I have a fresh pack but it's still a 9/10 blade, no question. Versus some of the blades from the Shanghai plant that have become more available of late; I'm thinking Super Gillette Blue and London Bridge, they're along very much the same lines. The Super Thins are, of course, platinum sputtered. Smashing!

Last edited:
Blade: London Bridge (1)
Razor: Razoroc Game Changer .68
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Soap & Splash: B&M Lavender

Well I think I've found my forever razor. No matter what else I use, this is the one I always come back to. Paired with the relaxing Lavender scent it's great for a late night shave before bed 20230423_204426.jpg

Back
Top Bottom