SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

Fri 28
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Rene Cheron Chatellerault Rattler
Good soap & matching splash and the softest badger in my den, awesome!
An improved performance from this razor after putting it through the HBA again. The edge is smoother and crispier in the 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230428_134439.jpg

01A0888F-32F1-415B-A3D6-5C906488AD93.jpegEJ DE89
Omega 20102
Dorco Titan (1)
Arko sensitive cream
Superdrug Forest Fresh

Raised one red spot on my jaw line but seemed easier to negotiate my chin today, sharper blade maybe?

Either I’m a natural or the EJ is very forgiving as (so far) this DE lark isn’t the blood bath I was expecting!

Thursday 27th April

Soap • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (5)
Post • Noble Otter Monoi De Tahiti Splash

A really good shave and a close all round finish.
I paid more attention, and took it slow - no mishaps this time!

28 April

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Henson AL13 ++
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

F76CC28B-A596-4983-AC7E-22E0C3D0DAC3.jpeg
A mid-morning mail call delivered the Henson razor. I loaded a Feather blade and lathered up some Barristers Reserve with the Cadman and I have to say I was surprised. The razor was exactly as advertised. A close, comfortable shave in two easy passes. It reminded me a little of my Feather AS-D1, similar but not the same. A quality shave and an easy addition to the rotation.

PXL_20230428_104932298~2.jpg

Razor - Ever- Ready 1912 British
Blade - Gem (Personna)
Soap - Hampshire lanolin soap (3)
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A lovely single edge shave, it sounds like you're scraping burnt toast but it's just the 1912 doing a fabulous job at knocking down stubble.
The Hampfat shave soap is wonderful, thick stable lather and it leaves my skin feeling great!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited:
Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 9 )
Brush = C&H Copper & Ivory Boar
Soap = Zingari Man The Rambler
with matching splash & balm
IMG_0591.jpeg
Another 10/10 for me last night,
I know i keep saying it but the scent on this is top drawer,
shaving has become the only way for me to relax recently & it’s well worth the effort.
Stay Safe Everyone

28/04/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Droyt's Classic Glycerine Shaving Soap
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72 / Alpha Bravo Super grip
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 17 (7).JPG
Right then! another failure to produce a stable, lasting lather from the Droyts shave bar, i cannot recommend anyone buy this as a shave soap. it will be used as a pre-shave wash soap, i have tried using boar, synth and badger brushes for test lathers, it starts well then dissipates, it even dissipated on to of the soap in the bowl i transferred it to(n). Today i popped a pea size piece of Erasmic cream into the brush and then worked it in from there, the lather became stable, creamy and thick.
Star of the shave was the Lupo, it just seems to enjoy different handles, i think the Alpha used today is just a perfect match. 3 Passes for a close, comfortable, BBS finish.
A nice post shave to finish leaving smelling quite floral.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

SOTD 20230428 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Puig Myrurgia Hidalgo Crema de Afeitar (sample, vintage)
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #7
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP
NDWYjbco0rGFq8mBweGTk3uM9KWKhw1dNAovqYukGLCBaN6aHL4_zGHduG6VnZahe_PU4AGk4QtpvqXU6SZTPBDBkFfzGmX9_ByHmez4f1MhhA_pdno_xEWvTK4ffLVso9wB5lM5PfagHhZMPvomNq6JZCKp_XTbzTPqQVy5cEmk6_8Nd-wP1_EifeLIUBT2pbMeJqJtPkLpM6rAONx6L1NMc0Xr71vzZr7kIi4kn2107NoAvTmm5oqHsJVADhKueFzAy7N_dWlnPF_tqA1mPU19-Ok4M9_M_Iax4FVOsxR2d5chtc1WL05xOSCTyTrMIONp4Dwl-4gAwrx8Cg6twPvfcuoI5b08JOw6cpKxKNxiRp9QhPRO4dQTWz-LZvqeg1nNA7aVcNQyciczD85mp8AfTkpN7n8vrkctUVs_TK5HfucXzLBF9ReL738i9MxGwpGvQ7ZlxZlxzkgOmaPpCnwNcc_s_b-w-dhP1u__rFFe9CK6z-8F9tYZdSCAUHp1TysjxBBF0EvQNmhLtS8uljK11OZcBRVr7-Dg5hh71YgmESh2Eu5CwmfGFY9kCxFsMj09ekrag-nqQtiMFkyvma3d5L5IEsOOeiB2sAzqB2Pp_TNI_Y91F1LfR6XJE-sMCO2PRXt0FYkVU1SsloyswUtF8bZokdpp5bBFkpMF89bLU2YvSSFZI3fwGKRoH5bVaTVb9Ph362lPHMUXDxJ6km2cZEp-F-WlACydWdDPvAYA_bQgkJ9C31SViCy2eN5We_SBtVt4Hh5boglY_5l4J_IOARW0YyCqGRX3q44APhAyC-DIOqWE-9NR27lH1BozdkXeRoE49a0OjRY42R51eW8A59HLYizBH0JYAE99XW3KswKm7xAgWm1LMXQBImNxU_q7HrboFee9En6W2cMaicFs2O_7laijO5xL_3AYATO8hUkXPqxzcTrmWyn9gG25PXKMzpTXFuhE5f6PliU=w951-h951-s-no

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Mike Dawes - Overload

Last edited:
Friday 28th April
AC-Matic 3D - Feather Pro #1 - Droyt Glycerine Shaving Soap - Yaqi Moka Express - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230425-144046-01.jpg

First time with the Droyt, and after reading Tony's account, I decided to try using the bar as a stick and rubbed it well onto wet stubble. After working it with a damp brush, it developed a nice, slick lather. The result was a really nice efficient shave.
The eau de cologne scent was light and quite pleasant.

@Tony'schin, before relegating it to a pre-shave wash soap, give it another go.

So, somewhat embarrassingly (because I've been in receipt of some remarkable generosity on here recently), I won ATG's PIF of some soaps, splashes and the OneBlade Core SE razor. It arrived just now, so a lunchtime shave was in order to try it out.

I've only used it once so far obviously so it's a bit early to make up my mind. My initial thoughts are it's an interesting idea and worth a go. It takes Feather SE blades, but NOT the Artists Club format. Also not half DE. They're the size of a DE blade but sharp on one edge and the other has notches. Described as Hi-Stainless. Kind of more like a spineless Gem or something. The razor itself is like a productionised version of one of those 3D-printed SEs.

The razor is very different to a DE. It has a swiveling plastic head and a plastic handle with a steel core to give it some heft. In point of fact the weight is irrelevant, because the way you use this is to do the opposite of everything you thought you knew about shaving. You apply pressure to the head, tilting it on its pivot, and allow the pivoting head to find its own angle. Long slow strokes without pre-stretching your skin. More like you would with a cartridge razor. It's a very mild shaver, which I guess it needs to be given that you need to push it into your skin. The blade seems very smooth. I had a comfortable 3- pass shave. The head design makes getting under your nose a bit awkward, I did so in 3 directions but really you need to go sideways across the top lip and filtrum area. Despite its mildness I still managed to nick myself once, as I slipped and inadvertently did a sideways slice. Butterfingers aside it's fairly hard to cut yourself though. The result of the 3 passes was good, not stellar on my first go. I think this format is sufficiently different in approach that a few more goes might be needed to get the best out of it. Actually, going back and feeling my face now, it feels as good as any. I take that back. This is a good close DFS.

I used the E&S Rasage Traditionell Oasis soap and matching splash Dan sent. This is described as "Fougère fraiche" which is exactly what it is, a lovely refreshing marine scent. Scent strength of the soap is only a 3/10 to me, not overpowering but very pleasant in use. I partially loaded the Phantom Aerolite with lots of water to 'pre-wet' my face while I was intending to work up a proper lather in the tub. However I realised that actually all I really needed to do was keep working the little soap I had loaded. It came up nicely into a very slick lather, enough for 3 passes on the big synth. Yes, I like the soap. The matching splash has alcohol and witch hazel. I felt a little indication from it after the shave, and enjoyed a much more potent blast of the seaside scent in the process.

So, early days but a very enjoyable first experience with the contents of Dan's box of wonders. Many thanks for your generous PIF Dan.
20230428_153850.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom