SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

SOTD: 27th April 2023.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Frankenrazor: Muhle R41 (2013) / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut Attraction Totale ASL./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A smooth efficient shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The Palmolive classic shave cream is such a wonderful performer which creates a rich protective lather with only a small amount giving a great lasting classic fragrance throughout the shave, leaving a good post shave feel.

Recently I've had some superb shaves with this Frankenrazor set up the hefty Schmidt R10 handle makes the razor feel balanced and more comfortable to use.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 27-Apr
20230401_123709.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: HAGS Undertow
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Wizamet

Very close shave this morning despite a lapse in attention at one point on the neck. Otherwise a smooth yet loud shave whilst it cleared the path.

Had a sample of this Molecule 01 thrown in on an order for samples of TF Ombre and Vetiver, we'll see how it plays over the next few hours but with my nose i'm not getting much from it. To be fair it might have been better to wait for the splash on the HAGS to die down, we'll see.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Thu 27
Croap Suezbana Lemon & Tea Tree
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
A very satisfying lather & invigorating scent from this croap/splash combo whip up nicely with the excellent boar brush!
This razor is ever reliable for a superb shave. The edge is buttery smooth and crisply keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230427_130912.jpg

Thur 27th April

RR 400/ SE Plissoft noir
Lea Classic soap
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 4 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A good choice today, a smooth comfortable Shave with a super close all round finish. Really pleased as attending Funeral of former works colleague from long ago.He was a nice guy and hopefully meet some fellow survivors from the workplace.

A4DA27EB-D65E-4DF2-9410-CCDACF8C6EA7.jpeg

27 April

Wickham Magnum
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Blackman Blackbird
Treet Platinum (5)
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

7E0E1E3A-BDA6-48CE-A84F-4DF3528FE026.jpeg
Fifth shave with the Treet and it’s still good. I will be changing the razor tomorrow. Another close and comfortable shave with the Wickham soap providing an excellent lather.

Thursday 27 April

Staying with the French theme, today it’s Le Coq as in Coq au vin, another hoe but definitely having presence. A weighty Cock indeed mostly the long solid handle but hey it’s not all about size is it :rolleyes: ?
I just love the TFS soap, rich creamy and superb scent. Old bristle soon had a nice lather applied to my face and with of course the ubiquitous GEM in place I got to work.
2 passes plus pick ups but extra work need around the edges of my chin. The blade does flex a very small amount with point contact but enough to jump a few bristles. On cheeks and neck the blade has a broader contact with the skin so clears all the stubble no problem.
Dfs result job done.
Have a good day fellas!

IMG_0054.jpeg

SOTD 27-Apr
View attachment 104711
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: HAGS Undertow
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Wizamet

Very close shave this morning despite a lapse in attention at one point on the neck. Otherwise a smooth yet loud shave whilst it cleared the path.

Had a sample of this Molecule 01 thrown in on an order for samples of TF Ombre and Vetiver, we'll see how it plays over the next few hours but with my nose i'm not getting much from it. To be fair it might have been better to wait for the splash on the HAGS to die down, we'll see.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc
Love your brush Marc, if you ever want to move it on give me a shout! :)

Paul.

A midday shave which is strange for me, but as my wife says, 'You're just strange...you tosser'

But whenever it arrived I did manage to put a shave together themed, 'Doncaster'

View attachment 104690

Rovers - Occams Enoch
Mallard - Kai Titan mild
Flying Scotsman - Hive-2
Danum - Signature Soaps (but) Londinium
Dandong - L'Occitane Cade balm
Yungblood - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

Actually when I look at it all it isn't such a bad place after all and certainly had its own fair share of fame. And coal. It certainly gave me a great upbringing where I learnt all sorts of life skills. Fighting, setting fire to things, setting fire to more things, more fighting and how to catch crabs. Plus it gave me a good reason to run away to sea because 'I dint wan t'go darn pit'. The catching crabs lesson certainly came in handy.
'Have some of these you bastard'

So this shave was all about dispelling the myth that the Enoch really has the worse blade loading one could imagine. Dispelling the myth unable to be proven. It really is crap. Where it fails though is where the negative stops. What it does do is deliver the fastest shaves I know of with great ease, finish and accuracy. An absolute blinder as a razor. Just have to keep giving it a little nip now and then to prevent the blade from falling out. And yes it has. But this shave lived up to expectations and a cracking finish in an expedient manner. Team lather giving their usual soaping duties in their usual wonderful way.

Looking good (by my terms) and smelling great. The Abbate providing a superb air and enough pulling power to go crab fishing any day, or night, and a visit to the GU clinic a few days after.

Have a great evening chaps and if I say 'I love you all' it is probably best you give my love the cold shoulder. But if you want anything burning down just drop me a PM.

One week to go before a night of Beaver. The Otoboke type that is. My wife is going to give me a good slap when she finds out it there will be more gusset on show than an Anne Summers catalogue. Anyway, sorry to say it is going to have to be a whole week of Otoboke vids......

Don’t forget the opera glasses for your night of Beaver Chris :ROFLMAO:

Razor - Gem MMOC
Blade - Gem
Soap - Folk Soap - Traditional Shaving Soap
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag -Diesel - Fuel For Life

A lovely shave with the MMOC, one small nick on my chin but that was user error!
Loving the shaving soap it lathers up lovely.

Raining cats and dogs here, so no picture , not enough light!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom