SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

SOTD 20230427 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Liojuny Shaving Tampa, Finest Badger 3-band, 23x54x114mm, 71g
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Puig Myrurgia Hidalgo Crema de Afeitar (sample, vintage)
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #6
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP
MsLgFxy.jpg

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Adamski - Killer

25-04-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Above The Tie, C-H, Super Max (# 7) :: JiM Creative Shaving :: Razorock, Santa Maria del Fiore :: Institut Karitè :: Myrsol, Agua balsámica

bydiRHq.jpg

26-04-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Wolfman WR1 OC 0.74, Super Max (# 8) :: Yaqi Sagrada Família, Synthetic fibers :: Martin de Candre, Fougère :: Institut Karitè :: Myrsol, Agua balsámica

HcUK3Nn.jpg

Salut!

This evening brought about it a shave themed, 'Beavers and shaving'

20230427_190955.jpg

Gnawing wood - Tatara Nodachi
Dam sharp - Polsilver Lodz
Fur brush - PAA Pelegrino
Beaver cream - Penhaligons Bayolea soap
Wetlands - Collegen
Rodent redolence - Penhaligons Bayolea splash

'I am painting beavers my love'

I was kind of driven to reach for the Bayolea soap after a recent BST sale and realising how rare these Penhaligon tallow based soaps are. Not just a bit of a rarity but they also happen to be a pretty damn fine soap with a cracking scent. It was a sad moment with the splash as that is it, all gone and doubt I will ever come across what I think is the best scented splash period.

As for the Tatara, a top notch performance and a superlative finish. I can't fault this razor outside of wishing the head covered the whole blade. I've never quite understood the annoying bits of protruding blade tabs, but a minor whinge in the big scale of things. Superbly smooth and I can't recall ever having one draw claret. Love them. An Ikon beater? Not quite.

A wonderful end to the day and I shall cry in to my pillow over the Bayolea splash. You shall be sorely missed. See what a big softy I really am.

And to end it all I did promise a week of those Otoboke girls and I don't want to disappoint....

Otoboke who?

SOTD 28-Apr
20230426_145337 (1).jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: Rubie (1)

Cracking shave this morning, fresh Rubie and the E plate a perfect match. It's amazing what answering a question will do, I'd nigh on forgotten this was in the den so decided to bring it out. It does a brilliant job, nice heavy weight and efficient whilst also smooth. I'd like to pick up the G-New and Argyll handle as well, but that's just because I like the look not that it needs it - perhaps I best had in case another manufacturer heads out the door...clarification I have not heard any such rumours, I am not encouraging panic buying!

Smelling good and ready for the day ahead, hope everyone had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom