SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

SOTD: 27th April 2023.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Frankenrazor: Muhle R41 (2013) / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut Attraction Totale ASL./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A smooth efficient shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The Palmolive classic shave cream is such a wonderful performer which creates a rich protective lather with only a small amount giving a great lasting classic fragrance throughout the shave, leaving a good post shave feel.

Recently I've had some superb shaves with this Frankenrazor set up the hefty Schmidt R10 handle makes the razor feel balanced and more comfortable to use.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

SOTD 27-Apr

Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: HAGS Undertow
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Wizamet

Very close shave this morning despite a lapse in attention at one point on the neck. Otherwise a smooth yet loud shave whilst it cleared the path.

Had a sample of this Molecule 01 thrown in on an order for samples of TF Ombre and Vetiver, we'll see how it plays over the next few hours but with my nose i'm not getting much from it. To be fair it might have been better to wait for the splash on the HAGS to die down, we'll see.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Thu 27
Croap Suezbana Lemon & Tea Tree
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
A very satisfying lather & invigorating scent from this croap/splash combo whip up nicely with the excellent boar brush!
This razor is ever reliable for a superb shave. The edge is buttery smooth and crisply keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...

Thur 27th April

RR 400/ SE Plissoft noir
Lea Classic soap
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 4 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

A good choice today, a smooth comfortable Shave with a super close all round finish. Really pleased as attending Funeral of former works colleague from long ago.He was a nice guy and hopefully meet some fellow survivors from the workplace.

27 April

Wickham Magnum
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Blackman Blackbird
Treet Platinum (5)
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

Fifth shave with the Treet and it’s still good. I will be changing the razor tomorrow. Another close and comfortable shave with the Wickham soap providing an excellent lather.

Thursday 27 April

Staying with the French theme, today it’s Le Coq as in Coq au vin, another hoe but definitely having presence. A weighty Cock indeed mostly the long solid handle but hey it’s not all about size is it ?
I just love the TFS soap, rich creamy and superb scent. Old bristle soon had a nice lather applied to my face and with of course the ubiquitous GEM in place I got to work.
2 passes plus pick ups but extra work need around the edges of my chin. The blade does flex a very small amount with point contact but enough to jump a few bristles. On cheeks and neck the blade has a broader contact with the skin so clears all the stubble no problem.
Dfs result job done.
Have a good day fellas!

Love your brush Marc, if you ever want to move it on give me a shout!

Paul.

Don’t forget the opera glasses for your night of Beaver Chris

Razor - Gem MMOC
Blade - Gem
Soap - Folk Soap - Traditional Shaving Soap
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag -Diesel - Fuel For Life

A lovely shave with the MMOC, one small nick on my chin but that was user error!
Loving the shaving soap it lathers up lovely.

Raining cats and dogs here, so no picture , not enough light!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited: