SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Treet Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = OSP Sandlewood with matching splash
Balm = Barts Balms Ben Kilbreck
3685653D-8E22-4478-80FB-47FD47152264.jpegAnother Top Drawer Shave.
Iv arrived in Norway probably 3-4 days or early,
nothing ready for me so told to take today & tomorrow off.
Off course what happens i wake at 04.30 and can’t get back to sleep so an early morning shave it
was.
I have many favourite soaps but this one is up near the top
The Sandlewood scent is the best iv tried.
A straight 10/10 shave.
bring on Tomorrow
Stay Safe Lads

IMG_20220409_135717.jpg

Howdie Folks.

Razor: Gillette 1920's
Soap: Tabac stick.
Brush: Yaqi (Stubby ???)
Blade: Astra Green #2
Aftershave: 4711 Cologne & Proraso post shave Balm.

Well I got up late this morning.... (Yes I do deserve a lay in)
So it was a quick shave before the days events. When it's a quick shave I always use either Palm olive stick or the Tabac stick.... Rub it on my chinny chin chin, (yes all three) and use the remarkable little Yaqi brush to lather....
Grandad 1920's was kind to me again, maybe I'm just getting better, who knows....
But an extremely quick 1 pass shave so I look presentable, a good splash of cold water and a tickle of 4711 cologne, with a back up smattering of some proraso post shave Balm, and I was done in under 10 minutes.

Evening all,

A bit of a Lider Classic mission today.

Prep. hot water and flannel
Brush, PAA Aerolyte
Razor, Rex Ambassador (setting 3 throughout)
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (1st use)
Cream, Lider Classic
ASB, Lider Classic
A/S, Lider Classic
Music, Toby Keith

As mentioned previously, working my way through settings still. I was in two minds whether to shave today or not due to negligible amount of material. In hindsight, maybe i should have waited until tomorrow. But hey ho.

The cream lathered up well, slight lemony / medicinal scent. Went on well. I did my usual 3 grain pass. Sadly there has been some irritation to the neck area. I'd suggest operator error, maybe i was a bit heavy on the passes, a bit quick. Perhaps my skin prefers less frequent shaving. I don't think it''s the fault of the tools or the hardware / software.

Regardless of the above, a nice clean and close shave. The Lider ASB and A/S are doing a good job, cooling and soothing. So overall, a good shave and happy. Will i shave tomorrow, not sure......

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Ps Up Torquay Utd!!!!!!!!!

Evening all,

A bit of a Lider Classic mission today.

Prep. hot water and flannel
Brush, PAA Aerolyte
Razor, Rex Ambassador (setting 3 throughout)
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (1st use)
Cream, Lider Classic
ASB, Lider Classic
A/S, Lider Classic
Music, Toby Keith

As mentioned previously, working my way through settings still. I was in two minds whether to shave today or not due to negligible amount of material. In hindsight, maybe i should have waited until tomorrow. But hey ho.

The cream lathered up well, slight lemony / medicinal scent. Went on well. I did my usual 3 grain pass. Sadly there has been some irritation to the neck area. I'd suggest operator error, maybe i was a bit heavy on the passes, a bit quick. Perhaps my skin prefers less frequent shaving. I don't think it''s the fault of the tools or the hardware / software.

Regardless of the above, a nice clean and close shave. The Lider ASB and A/S are doing a good job, cooling and soothing. So overall, a good shave and happy. Will i shave tomorrow, not sure......

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Ps Up Torquay Utd!!!!!!!!!
Good result for Torquay, hopefully a good run until the end of the season might get you in the play offs :)

Saturday AM 2022-04-09
The first indoor baseball home run was hit on this date in 1965, Mickey Mantle, Houston Astrodome
vAgFFjw.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/UFO Titan Fine
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Ethos Grooming Honeysuckle aftershave

A late, lazy shave this morning with sweet honeysuckle bringing back good memories, while the radio had Mozart's 'Marriage of Figaro' from the Met in New York. Wonderful.
Xz5BTHt.jpg

6BE16CE6-8EB0-4049-B2D9-5D11E1AA5E3D.jpeg
SOTD: 09/04/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime EDT
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion

Took a break from the Mars to return to my old faithful Hone! My new steel one has been lost in the post so Hones sending me a new one so this is a way to get my fix until it arrives. The shave was as smooth and effortless as ever, the brush as always a delight and the soap adds a dark almost smokiness to lime scent which I love.
A great start to the weekend, have a good one guys!

Back
Top Bottom