SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

Monday 11 September

Blutt Br-1 0.86
Gillette 7 o’clock 4th use
Mitchell’s Wool Fat 1893
Haryali Travel brush

Very little blade on show with this baby but remember, it’s not about how much is on show but how it’s used. As the chorus girl said to the Vicar ;)
I digress, I’m still not a fan of this brush, very rough bristles and quite a heavy piece of kit. I unscrewed the head and just used that. Soap didn’t produce much of a lather and was little watery, probably due to the brush as I’ve never had a problem previously with this soap. Nevertheless, 2 passes and pickups did give a very fine bbs finish with no issues, thanks to this fine razor and with a not-new blade.
Just the job for a Monday morning.
Have an enjoyable evening fellas!

IMG_0287.jpeg

A Monday evening and time by the sink to make sure ugly remains ugly. Just a bit smoother. And this one presents itself to you c/w the theme, 'Now, let me look at your bottom'

20230911_185724.jpg

Look at me razor - Tatara Nodachi dark
No, look at me blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Look up my bottom brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Mirar, crema de culo - Kent
Look at my face. Don't - Pure moisturiser

'And the doctor said, let me look up your bottom. Haemorrhoids? Never heard of them, it were me bloody Nobby's which were bothering me'

'Go away. Dirty old man'

I don't know what them chaps down south do to MWF but for some reason I find the Kent so easy to lather whereas call it Mitchells and I struggle. Being from Yorkshire I should support my home county, but presume it must be down to altitude sickness. What a super lather whatever the issue and I personally rate this soap very highly. Pity I don't use it as much as it deserves. Note to self, use it more you slacker.

So impressed by the Super Iridium last night a change was in order again this evening. Different razor but same wonderful results and face feel. There are a few negative points on the Nodachi vs B1.

Firstly I wish the Tatara had full blade coverage like the Ikon as I personally can't stand having bits hanging out. Particularly in public.

Secondly the dark finish is pretty crappy. There is a little area where the coating has come away and I suppose I should have listened to @Boycie83 who did make mention of the issue before I bought it. I am tempted to BST the razor and get another silver version, but may be I have to live with it as it still delivers a great shave. It's just a crappy coating.

A great bit of 'me time' though and a face as smooth as a sheet of course sandpaper. That's the ugly bit and I don't come in any other version.

Dirty old men? It can only be the Beaver. Except it isn't. But it is Neat001 who I said I would never use again. But I do lie a lot

4932769E-9DA0-43E9-9638-9087B85BF42B.jpeg
Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Gillette Slim Twist
Polsilver Łódź (4)
Wilkinson Sword stick
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Pinaud Lime Sec a/s

The humble Wilkinson stick is a fantastic soap. Slick and protective, containing the trifecta of tallow, lanolin & glycerin.
Regrettably I have just this one, so it is used sparingly.
Great. Enjoy yours.

SOTD: 12th September 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Da Barba.
Blade: Personna Injector PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/ Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Face & Head shave,

A wonderful performance from the Parker InjRzr.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
IMG_2826.jpeg
SOTD: 11/09/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Hard Puck Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Badass

Another amazing scent, this is really in my wheelhouse, citrus, wood, oakmoss, it’s similar to PAA’s Future Fiction but in a more mature simplified form. It’s absolutely spot on and will be upgraded to a full splash/soap set in the future when the oil comes to an end. I have to say I do like this way of making shave soap as it gives you even more opportunity to try new scents while sticking with a good base you know and love. The oil mixed well with a balm too to make an excellent scented balm which lasted well into the day.
Have a good day everyone.

SOTD 12-Sep
20230911_130923.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: A&E Barbiere Classico
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

First try with the vestige, initial impressions are good. It is as lithe as possible for a GEM, with the blade protruding out the back, slim line plates and being very light. I'll make more comments after I've tried the other plates to give it a decent run.

Chalk and cheese compared to the last two days of shaves in terms of smoothness though. Went for the standard plate to ease my skin in after the battering it's taken and it is super smooth running, but not particularly efficient for me. There was a lot of repeated passes involved to try and get a decent finish which may have had the opposite intention of giving myself a break. I don't expect the finish to be long lasting, but it was still a welcome break.

I'll see how I am tomorrow but I might jump straight to the ++ plate.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Tue 12
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
What a beautiful lather, smelling grand from this wonderful soap whip-up nicely by the soft brush...
This razor was in a cold stack due to the unsatisfactory edge. Put it through the full diamond balsa progression twice and finally found the edge I liked. Somehow the Ura side feels keener while the Omote side shaves better with a higher angle. Enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230912_133231.jpg

12/09/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Ever ready 1914 Clamshell
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
Wk  37a (3).jpg
A very nice 2 pass shave with the "little lather catcher" today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom