SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

15 September

PAA Solstice
Omega 48 Professional
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

1476985B-88D9-4481-A4AA-43B0DDE464E4.jpeg
What a great shave! My technique over the years has clearly improved incrementally and the Omega has finally started to hold its lather in between passes. I got a really lush lather with the PAA soap and Omega and still had plenty for use on my second pass. The EJ also produced a shave of such quality that I wondered about the wisdom of all my subsequent purchases…for a minute. ;)

As my final entry for this past week of SOTD's (much to your relief), I am proud to present today's shave which is my final entry in the 'Abstract' series of shaves (much to your relief) and arrives themed, 'Résumé numéro la finale, mon bed (by Tracing Emin)'

20230915_162553.jpg

Tracing my skin - Ikon B1
Tracing my cuts - Wizamet Super Iridium
Tracing bristles - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Tracing paper - Monsieur Des Champs Agrume
Tracing a scent - Atelier Orange Sanguine

'Well at least he hasn't cut it in half yet and stuck it in a tank of formaldehyde'
'Tracy! I'm home'

Tracing Emin. Quarter sister to Tracy with the other three quarters being shared between a number of parental possibilities including the crew of HMS Prince of Wales. Whereas Tracy cajoled the art world in to believing an unmade bed was a piece of fine art, Tracing simply chose to sleep in one. And made some smashing tracings of Disney Characters. She was never successful as an artist but she did lay claim to having shared her bed with the whole of the Cock and Seaman.

My shave

This razor never ceases to amaze me. Every time I use the Ikon I always think the same thing, for me personally 'there really isn't much I have used which delivers the same level of perfection' The Mongoose being the exception. It may not be everyone's idea of greatness, but for my skin and my way of shaving it just does brilliance. My first impressions were somewhere down the lines of 'fuck this is one viscious bastard', but several years down the line I understand it and it works. In this case the Wizamet is the perfect partner.

Des Champ just had to interject with this shave with his wonderful Agrume but then he just sodded off as the pub had just opened its doors. He'd also heard Tracing would be frequenting the same watering institution this evening apparently looking for some seamen. By all means Monsieur Martin De Candre may have an intellectual issue here.

What a soap either way. Has anyone ever got to the bottom of a jar of this stuff? I can barely make a dent in it.

On this occasion though I do hold the intellectual property to the end product of having been delivered one outstandingly brilliant shave.

A slap of Nivea moisturiser and a spray of Atelier just to add to an orange and lemon theme. Which didn't work and I just smell of bloody oranges. But nice ones.

It is a Friday, it is the end of my abstract week containing alcohol driven artists and it needs to end with some abstract driven Japanese girls who were probably shitted when they dreamt this up in the name of music. It can only be those Puffyshoes....

Oh, and I love you all

Last edited:
UKRqAkM.jpg

Tuesday Shave 09.19.23
RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium 1.15 DE
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 26mm G5C Synthetic
LATHER: Penhaligon's London Blenheim Bouquet (vintage)

SOTD: 13/10/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 SE, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Prorazo Wood & Spice EdC

Enjoy your day!