SOTD : Saturday 9 July - Friday 15 July 2022.

@Crossan I agree, I tried the passaround fatboy and really liked it. Then James offered an unused Slim for sale and I really liked the idea of it. I definitely prefer it to the FB for being slimmer, good for the top lip, and the slightly longer handle. I could see you keeping the fatboy for the collection but you'd reach for the Slim I reckon. It's my favourite DE out of a Tech and a Pearl Flexi that I also have.

Today though I've just touched up my Stiz, Koraat, Baurmann and Fritz Bracht Tennis so now I have to decide which to use for SotD today.

4C93D99F-0EA2-4B20-8C68-6A5F33F80DF4.jpeg
SOTD: 10/07/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Ach Brito Musgo Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely refreshing shave on a hot day like this, can’t wait until my PAA Awesome Sauce aftershave arrives too. The Musgo is just as refreshing as the Proraso Green and lathers easily.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Sotd 10/07
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Stirling soap black cherry glacial
Spalsh: stirling soap black cherry glacial
Balm: arko unscented
Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: Gillette toggle 1958 D1
Blade: Gillette nacet 3rd use

Morning folks had a great shave this morning went with stirling soap and black cherry glacial with it being nice and warm really nice cool and dense lather with a nice cherry scent also I decided to use the toggle and paired with the nacet gave a good close shave
20220710_111600.jpg20220710_111713.jpg20220710_112200.jpg

Sunday

Much better shave today, although I'm not convinced about the bakelite version of the Tech.

At least I had loads of cushion and glide that weren't there yesterday. The Leodis is very summery and provided all that I didn't have yesterday, although I am mainly blaming the brush for yesterday as I've had decent shaves with DG Apogee before.

Happy Sabbath

Attachments

• IMG_20220710_104518__01.jpg
    IMG_20220710_104518__01.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 6
Sunday 10th July
Canadian Schick E3 - Canadian Schick SS #1 -Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Yaqi Moka Express - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel - Factor 30
wEe2eIz.jpg

Razor = 1966 Gillette Slim ( Birth Year )
Blade = 1970’s Wilkinson Sword ( 1 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger From
Bobby Moffat
Cream = Geo F Trumper Eucris with matching ETD
& Skin Food ( Balm )
View attachment 90283Well An Absolute tremendous shave today.
A birthday shave at that.
Yesterday i was using Old Spice today but my colleagues at work bought me a little present all the Eucris & a Muhle Rocca & when it came through the post this morning i just had to use it.
Man what a scent. Absolutely top drawer and considering it’s original age it must have been away ahead of the game.
A lovely Refined masculine scent which iv never quite experienced before.
I wanted to use the Rocca but come on it just had to be the slim didn’t it, i mean I think money penny would approve.
Between this & Spanish leather it’s definitely up there with the best for sure.
Why we all strive for something different is beyond me as we have it all on our doorstep Well UK doorstep certainly.
The Brush for me is the softest knot iv ever experienced for a badger.
Bobby Moffat the Father of Robb
( Chisel & Hound ) does some tremendous handles & this Knot is first class,
Mind you i only picked it because it was black :ROFLMAO:
Pretty shallow i know but there you go.
I’m now at the Football & writing this before kick off
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads
A belated Happy Birthday

Sunday 10th July

Soap • Proraso Green
Brush • Yaqi Ocean
Razor • Parker InjRzr
Blade • Schick Twin (7)
Post • Prorasso Green ASL

We've spent three peaceful nights away in York.(Didn't pack any shaving kit)
Back home for a few days, then off again to Filey for a few days. (Wash bag will not get left behind this time)
Four day growth removed in cooling comfort.
Adjustability on the fly is very handy - start high, and end low.

SOTD 10/07/22

SOTD

Pre: King C Gillette face & beard wash
Soap: House of Mammoth Stones
Razor: Henson AL13+++ Aggressive (face) and Leaf (dome)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum face (1), Treet Platinum Saloons dome (7)
Post: Thayer's Cucumber & Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming balm
Splash: PAA Cavendish
Brush: AP Shave Co 26mm Silksmoke Fan Hybrid

PXL_20220710_160922170~2.jpg

Sunday 10th July

AM-JKLUztztuqQUNwzZlXAplKTl6G-545OM89Kp60xVGvzNvWII7mqKUsQOyh4rIAuOzWbuvUXLc1iBgosMnd639ysqtkFM8gGCUmHMI0_nwPD7Qt1Www-I2ZDW3k5uzLCMP2GZE45yEX5EoAbX1U3ndN6kKTg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots (Vintage 1990s) Shaving Bowl
Wilkinson Sword Synthetic Shaving Brush
Wilkinson Sword Sticky & Personna Comfort Coated (2)
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso ... another glorious hot day!

I have thoroughly enjoyed lathering up for the last few days with Wilkinson Sword's new on the market synthetic brush. While it is cheap and clearly made to a price, in use it is effective. In a lot of ways, it's somewthere between S-Brush fibre and Cashmere. Certainly enjoyable ... and when you consider it is the one brush that any regular person is likely to encounter, I'm happy it's good (enough). I hope Wilkinson Sword can release a good shaving bowl to accompany.

Back
Top Bottom