SOTD : Saturday 8st - Friday 14th August 2020.

Monday 10th August 2020

Takeshi Kovacs (The Last Envoy) vs Ed - Round 2

• ES Fuar Ach Snog Preshave
  • TOBS Tobacco Leaf Cream
  • Yaqi Synth Tuxedo Knot Brush
  • Muhle Lathering cup
  • Rex Envoy
  • Personna Platinum
  • Alum block (yowza)
  • Fine Snakebite
  • Myrsol Emulsion
Another shave with the Envoy on two day's growth.
Went well on the cheeks, chin and moustache. Getting the blade angle better.
Not quite so good on the neck, two weepers and a moderate amount of irritation (mr alum made that clear)

The Envoy certainly isn't as forgiving as the R106, which I could do whatever I liked with since day one and not get a weeper or irritation at all.

Next on the agenda for improvement - Mapping growth directions on the neck. My neck is an absolute disaster of different hair growth directions. I was told as much by the barber who did my hot towel shave for my wedding. I'm aware of the directions for a few areas, but I need to understand it all and modify accordingly. Some areas are accidentally getting shaved against the grain on their first pass, this isn't helping.

Getting better at lathering in that little muhle cup, not battering the handle of my brush off the sides of it quite so much and being more gentle and deliberate in the movement.

Keep moving forward!
Yes I agree that the neck can be problematic, my neck hair grows in four different directions and your Mhule cup is more suited to soaking your brush in rather than trying to knock up a decent lather in, so perhaps a larger size lathering bowl will be of a great help to you, it needn't cost the earth for a decent size bowl, any bowl will do providing its of a good size, even one of those collapseable dog blows would do the trick. :) P.

Monday 10th August 2020

Takeshi Kovacs (The Last Envoy) vs Ed - Round 2

• ES Fuar Ach Snog Preshave
  • TOBS Tobacco Leaf Cream
  • Yaqi Synth Tuxedo Knot Brush
  • Muhle Lathering cup
  • Rex Envoy
  • Personna Platinum
  • Alum block (yowza)
  • Fine Snakebite
  • Myrsol Emulsion
Another shave with the Envoy on two day's growth.
Went well on the cheeks, chin and moustache. Getting the blade angle better.
Not quite so good on the neck, two weepers and a moderate amount of irritation (mr alum made that clear)

The Envoy certainly isn't as forgiving as the R106, which I could do whatever I liked with since day one and not get a weeper or irritation at all.

Next on the agenda for improvement - Mapping growth directions on the neck. My neck is an absolute disaster of different hair growth directions. I was told as much by the barber who did my hot towel shave for my wedding. I'm aware of the directions for a few areas, but I need to understand it all and modify accordingly. Some areas are accidentally getting shaved against the grain on their first pass, this isn't helping.

Getting better at lathering in that little muhle cup, not battering the handle of my brush off the sides of it quite so much and being more gentle and deliberate in the movement.

Keep moving forward!
Stick with it Ed. You may find you're inadvertently adding pressure on your neck. Let the weight of the Envoy do the work (find the balance point on the razor where you can hold it and the head does everything for you). Focus on angle and zero pressure. This will get you your comfort and soon you'll be able to do it blindfolded with your muscle memory.

SOTD : 11th August 2020.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Sanex Men ~ Sensitive Soap Free Shower Body & Face Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Wilko Men's Shaving Oil.

Brush : Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : MWF.

Blade: Shark ~ Super Stainless. (2)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice Classic ASL.

Groomed ~ Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

It amazes me each time i use the MWF just how good of a protective slick lather it creates, it's a shame that some people have skin irritation issues with it...I count myself fortunate that I'm not one of them.

Another comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Groomed ~ Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling Cool, super smooth & smelling Divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
The theme was 'Platinum'

View attachment 58235

OMG!

Having gone AWOL for some time on my SOTD's because I am both busy and crap I utterly forgot today was my 20th anniversary shave. This is 20 years for the second time we have been married to each other. Our 'down the aisle' song for our last wedding

Not a platinum razor - RazoRock Hawk V3 on an A plate
Sharper than me - Feather Super Professional
Brush strokes - RazoRock 400
Cream strokes - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Saying it all in a scent - Blenheim Bouquet

After a whole week of the 'on loan' A plate I must say I am very impressed and also very thankful to @mpf9ret for this opportunity. This is my last time on the A plate as it must go back to its proper owner. I am also thankful that I see me having to purchase one myself in the very near future. These enabling people. Even with the Feather on its last legs it still manages to squeeze one last wonderful performance and my oh my this was one very happy bunny shave.

I also happen to be in lazy mode at the end of a long day and a lazy lather was on the books. To be honest if someone was to ask me the best soap/cream in my little shaving world it would be a toss up between two creams. Penhaligon's Blenheim or Murdock's Avalon. There are soaps which come close but for me these two creams have the edge. And I am a lazy sod as John Lydon sang.

A most bodacious and wonderful shave with a matching scent to add to this evening's shower room wash bowl antics

I think I am falling for you
That is okay. I pushed

To be honest I have enjoyed every year of the past 20. And all those before.............except the divorce part. But has someone tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear at the second wedding, 'Hey Chris. If this isn't illegal then it fucking well should be'

You have seen this before but rather a fitting song for this special day

Wishing you both a happy anniversary.

The theme was 'Platinum'

View attachment 58235

OMG!

Having gone AWOL for some time on my SOTD's because I am both busy and crap I utterly forgot today was my 20th anniversary shave. This is 20 years for the second time we have been married to each other. Our 'down the aisle' song for our last wedding

Not a platinum razor - RazoRock Hawk V3 on an A plate
Sharper than me - Feather Super Professional
Brush strokes - RazoRock 400
Cream strokes - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Saying it all in a scent - Blenheim Bouquet

After a whole week of the 'on loan' A plate I must say I am very impressed and also very thankful to @mpf9ret for this opportunity. This is my last time on the A plate as it must go back to its proper owner. I am also thankful that I see me having to purchase one myself in the very near future. These enabling people. Even with the Feather on its last legs it still manages to squeeze one last wonderful performance and my oh my this was one very happy bunny shave.

I also happen to be in lazy mode at the end of a long day and a lazy lather was on the books. To be honest if someone was to ask me the best soap/cream in my little shaving world it would be a toss up between two creams. Penhaligon's Blenheim or Murdock's Avalon. There are soaps which come close but for me these two creams have the edge. And I am a lazy sod as John Lydon sang.

A most bodacious and wonderful shave with a matching scent to add to this evening's shower room wash bowl antics

I think I am falling for you
That is okay. I pushed

To be honest I have enjoyed every year of the past 20. And all those before.............except the divorce part. But has someone tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear at the second wedding, 'Hey Chris. If this isn't illegal then it fucking well should be'

You have seen this before but rather a fitting song for this special day

Happy anniversary Chris (and Mrs Satanfriendly)

Tue 11 Arko & Sharko Shave!!
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor RR German 37 Slant
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather result. Thick and slick. Comfortably produced by the great badger brush.
Shave with razor paired with blade was quite good. Smooth. Comfortable. Sharp. Didn't realized it until the shark bite....and another bite! Unexpected attack from the bottom! 2 weepers immediately after the 1st pass. Was more careful and completed 3 multiple passes with unexpected BBS result. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers.
Finally use the alum to stem the blood before more sharks appear...
Soothed by Hyaluronic and cauterized by AV Musk. Could have score higher rating but bitten twice by the shark...rating only 9/10!
20200811_112245.jpg
20200811_133430.jpg

Back
Top Bottom