SOTD : Saturday 8st - Friday 14th August 2020.

Date:- 10 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Red & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Weinstrasse
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Gillette Nacet #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men
Tonight Tipple:- Maker's Mark 46

Book 19 of 21.
902654.jpg

Date:- 10 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Red & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Weinstrasse
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Gillette Nacet #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men
Tonight Tipple:- Maker's Mark 46

Book 19 of 21.
902654.jpg
Two more to go!

Mon 10 Shark Week Shave...!!!
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Butterscotch
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Great lather from soap. Spread on face then work with the nice brush. Good lemony scent, creamy and slick. More than enough lather for 4passes...
Shave with razor paired with new Jaws blade was quite good. Smooth...comfortable and sharpish too. Quite similar to a SuperMax. Blade is abit thick. 3+1 multiple passes without issues but after rinsing notice some creepers. BBS to DFS result. Icy cold rinse followed by cooling Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel. Rating 9.5/10. Enjoyable session.
20200809_194628.jpg
20200810_081900.jpg

Monday, 10 August 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: Proraso Green (menthol and eucalyptus)
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Tiltshave
Blade Astra Platinum (3)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

Didn't use the r41 today, but tried the Tiltshave. It provided a good, smooth shave, worth using again when I want/only need a milder shave. Have a good day, folks—stay cool and comfortable.

Mon 10th August

Omega 11126 boar
Blues Shaving Soap- Goats Milk !!
ES Claymore V1 /Ikon handle
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Too many soaps ? decided to try out a few that I have not used lately and maybe throw some out. However, so far the ones I have used are very good and perhaps my reason for not using them, is the size of the containers. A few years ago this Chinese one, Blues Shaving [ Goats Milk] was popular as it delivers a superb slick lather and made the Shave with the Heavyweight go very well. I attained a very nice close finish without any fuss.Perhaps try this one out in my Travel Kit.

IMG_0948.jpg

image.jpeg

SOTD Monday 10th August 2020

Razor - C.B. - Stainless steel Karve #D
Blade - Timor # 11 shaves
Soap - Mondial Tabacco Verde
Brush - Alpha Outlaw V2 Cu Silvertiip
Post - Thayers Astringent
Frag - Gerulain - Vetiver EdT

Well, 11 shaves from this Timor blade and it's still got life in it yet! I will keep using it with the Karve because it's well suited to this razor IMO and see just how long it will go for!
A very good shave was had with this set up, and was left with a lovely clean smooth finish, just how I like it! :)

Enjoy your Monday but be safe.

Untill the next time,

Paul.

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - GFT Eucris
Brush - New Forest Badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (6)
Post - Alum followed by some moisturiser

After using a Slim for a few days I'm back to my usual choice of razor. With a two and a half pass shave, I would push my neck out and say a BBS today. I never aim for it, just a comfortable shave. Not sure if I shall keep the slim at the moment.

IMG_7949.jpg

Back
Top Bottom