SOTD : Saturday 8st - Friday 14th August 2020.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:rolleyes:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Wester Bros Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Lovely Early Morning Shave Today with My Wester Bros Solingen 5/8th..Lovely Wee Shaver with an Impeccable Factory Grind ..:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:cool:

Billy

9 August 2020 – noon – post cycling shave – early morning 60k ride – back in time for the heat to ramp up!
Brilliant shave 99/100 – just love the sound of the blade cutting the bristles (3 day). No cuts/nicks/irritation!
Prep: Shower & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart head on MÜHLE handle
Blade: Gillette Salon
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime
After: Cold Water splash – skipped Ajanta Alum – Stirling Coconut & Lime ASB

Sun 9 SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Badger
Razor Gillette 1920 Single Ring
Blade Elios Inoxidable 8th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Proraso Green
Legendary lather...without a doubt. Once dialled in, it's creamy, cooling, slick and nice scent! Good brush for the job too.
Shave with my oldest razor paired with the excellent blade was very nice. Smooth and comfy with the blade still as sharpish. A good 3+1 multiple passes with BBS result! I would say it's the blade that made this razor shave so well today. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then soothed by Hyaluronic and Proraso Green splash....terrific shave!
20200808_232459.jpg
20200809_163446.jpg

Sun 9th August

Simpson Chubby 1 /MS. ED2band
Haslinger Honig
Alu. Hawk V1 / Windrose handle
Feather Pro [ 5 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I had what I thought was a good Shave yesterday with The General, but it was even better today.The little used Haslinger produced the most superb lather so the Shave went smoothly, and the all round finish ultra close. I should use that soap more but I find the small bowl a bit fiddly, though the Chubby 1 was very good at coaxing up a good lather without too much mess.

IMG_0946.jpg

Last edited:
20200804_072151.jpg
SOTD 9th August

Lather - Yaqi Sagrada Familia + Stirling Arkadia
Razor Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
Blade - Dorco Titan #4
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer + L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap

The last shave with the Dorco and it was past it's best. Doesn't seem to pair well with the Gillette SS. First time I've found a blade that has done this with the Super Speed. Lather was great, usual 3 passes but the shave was sub par for whatever reason. Liked the Dorco blade but seems 3 shaves is it's limit here.
Enjoy your shaves people and stay safe.

Razor- PAL injector (thanks @pjgh)
Soap- Tabac
Brush- Proraso Pro Boar
Post- Alum block
A/S - Pinaud Clubman

An easy 2 pass shave with the grain only today. When im setting up my shave for the day the first thing I reach for is the razor then soap, pretty much in the order I've listed above, but today because I knew I was going to use the PAL injector the first thing I got out of the cabinet was ... the alum block....slight worry using this razor having never used anything like it before.

I really wasn't sure how it would go but I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised. Doesn't have the weight or presence of the DE razors but it goes about its business and does what you need it to do with no fuss. Doesn't cut as close as a DE for me but its a great little razor and one I'll keep using goong forward.

Abundannce of lather with Tabac as always and the Clubman compliments it well.

Have a good day everyone.
20200806_090059-01.jpeg

9/8/2020

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Arko Puck
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Stainless Green (1)
Post - Intesa Glacial Lotion

I'm house sitting for a few days and the items above will be my setup for these days and had a great shave with them this morning.

The Russian 7 Green is a blade I'd not used in ages, maybe not since I first started DE shaving and it was a blade I wasn't massively enthusiastic back then as I imagine it was down to not having the best technique as the PPI 7 Green is a very smooth blade, not the sharpest PPI blade though but produced a very good shave but I did manage to pick up a few tiny weepers.

The star of today's shave was the Arko lather though, it's taken a while to dial in the right water and load the right amount as I've found hard soaps take a little more work than a few croaps I usually use (eg Vitos) but the lather was genuinely up there with one of the very best I have created. My experiences with the Arko puck had been less successful before, probably down it being one of the first soaps I'd used and I blamed it instead of trying to get the best lather out of it!

Anyway chaps, have a good Sunday gents.

PVacW3E.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette French Brown (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Pitralon Classic Aftershave Splash
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion EdT

A wonderfully comforting BBS shave on a cold night (well, by Perth standards).
The Grecian Horse soap scent is rich and intoxicating, and the spicy woods of the Pitralon Classic and Pen's Endymion compliments both the soap and each other nicely.

A Wedding Anniversary shave; my good lady picked out an old bottle of Chanel Égoïste for me so I paired it with Alphy & Becs Sandalwood & Vanilla (soap and balm), Alpha Outlaw G4 synthetic brush, Leaf razor with three half blade Gillette Wilkinson Swords, we're off out for a meal, and the Leaf which arrived an hour before the shave worked very well on the face.

200808-SOTD.jpg

Happy anniversary :)

Clean and simple on a Sunday is what I was looking for. Palmolive shave sticks are pretty awesome travellers, easy to use and small. Lovely clean barbershop scent is what I get from it. Nothing fancy just good. Takes nothing to lather really and is good for what it is.

Today's razor an equally no fuss razor in the 1963 Slim. Pick a setting from mild to wild and have at it. Loaded up with a GSB and set to 3 on the dial. Nice and smooth.

Lovely two pass DFS achieved because the schedule is full and there is lots to do. Topped off with some vintage Palmolive Balsamo (from Spain) to match the scent of the shave and quick spritz of Guerlain L'eau Boisee and we're good to go. Enjoy your Sunday and your shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Adjustable - Slim 1963
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: RazoRock Chubby Extra - Silvertip Badger 27.5mm knot
Lather: Palmolive Shave Stick
Aftershave: Palmolive Balsamo - Vintage
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee
24D8F47D-27E7-455A-BC63-C95BF8AD2A16.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom