SOTD : Saturday 8st - Friday 14th August 2020.

The theme was 'Platinum'

View attachment 58235

OMG!

Having gone AWOL for some time on my SOTD's because I am both busy and crap I utterly forgot today was my 20th anniversary shave. This is 20 years for the second time we have been married to each other. Our 'down the aisle' song for our last wedding

Not a platinum razor - RazoRock Hawk V3 on an A plate
Sharper than me - Feather Super Professional
Brush strokes - RazoRock 400
Cream strokes - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Saying it all in a scent - Blenheim Bouquet

After a whole week of the 'on loan' A plate I must say I am very impressed and also very thankful to @mpf9ret for this opportunity. This is my last time on the A plate as it must go back to its proper owner. I am also thankful that I see me having to purchase one myself in the very near future. These enabling people. Even with the Feather on its last legs it still manages to squeeze one last wonderful performance and my oh my this was one very happy bunny shave.

I also happen to be in lazy mode at the end of a long day and a lazy lather was on the books. To be honest if someone was to ask me the best soap/cream in my little shaving world it would be a toss up between two creams. Penhaligon's Blenheim or Murdock's Avalon. There are soaps which come close but for me these two creams have the edge. And I am a lazy sod as John Lydon sang.

A most bodacious and wonderful shave with a matching scent to add to this evening's shower room wash bowl antics

I think I am falling for you
That is okay. I pushed

To be honest I have enjoyed every year of the past 20. And all those before.............except the divorce part. But as someone tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear at the second wedding, 'Hey Chris. If this isn't illegal then it fucking well should be'

You have seen this before but rather a fitting song for this special day

Happy Anniversary

Tuesday AM 2020-08-11
National Sons & Daughters Day
RrIVAZe.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/51)
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood shaving cream
Carbon Damascus Athena/R2
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
F6fTtrq.jpg

Good evening everyone, I hope you're all well.

Pre- Cold water splash, Myrsol Emulsion
Soap- Signature Soaps Britania
Brush- Ex Sh Medium Jock 24mm Synth
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R2)
Blade- Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp #9
Post- Cold Water Spash, Osma Alum Block
Balm- Myrsol Emulsion

All good in my world of wet shaving.

Have a good rest of the day and stay safe.

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :rolleyes:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 89 Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Lovely Shave Tonight with My Puma Solingen 6/8th During a Thunder Storm & Rain Outside in Sunny Scotland..A Bit Of a Heavy Weight Razor for a Full Hollow & Sports a Laser Like Shaving Edge & Delivers a Smooth Close & Comfortable Shave.. :p

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:cool:

Billy

20200811_092947.jpg
SOTD 11th August
Lather - Yaqi Sagrada Familia + Catie's Bubbles Midnight Dreary
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade- Gillette Super Platinum 7'O Clock Black
Post - Boots Freshwood AS lotion and balm

I've never got onwith any of these 7 o clock blades and after the excellent shave with the Tech last time out I was optimistic about this shave going well.
However, it was not a good shave. The lather was superb. I find Catie's Bubbles lather feels very luxurious in feel and it's delicate scent. However, as soon as blade touched skin I knew it was not gonna be enjoyable. It's very very sharp blade but for me there's no feeling of smoothness, it just feels sharp. All 3 passes felt the same. The Tech couldn't use it's famous mild and smooth influence on this blade. It was a very close shave though
At least the post shave from Boots finished the shave on a high note. We'll see how the shaves go with the other razors, but im not hopeful of taming it.
Stay safe people and enjoy those shaves.

Sotd-11-08-20.jpg

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Schick I1 - (I think - I'm happy to be corrected)
blade - vintage Schick twin (1)
soap - PAA - CaD
brush - Chubby 1 best
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea 2 - 1
balm - none needed
scent - Dior Sauvage edp.

First tentative shave - five days after - the 'Shark' attack. Only one type of razor for the job - for me - the safest of safety razors, that will give you a top end shave - particularly with twin blades - vintage or modern - not that easy to find at the minute - Types I onwards vintage Schicks - will accept the twin blades - as far as I know - my shave went swimmingly - I'm glad to report - have good ones all - I.

Oh - does anybody else use the hot towel thing? Never tried it - but my partner gave me some Muhle towels. Worth a go - you would have thought?

Wed 12 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Almond
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade JAWS 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Top quality lather from soap for creaminess and slickness. The scent just too mild for me but still can smell faint almond. Better than Cella. Brush was fantastic.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was perfect! Matched perfectly & flawless! Very smooth, sharp but yet comfortable and lastly, efficient!! 3+1 multiple passes without weepers nor irritation. BBS result! Icy water rinse followed by cooling Thayers then softened by Hyaluronic and fragrant by VIBR! Super nice session.
Rating 9.7/10!
Sharks circled but no blood for the Jaws!
20200811_235250.jpg
20200812_083809.jpg

Wed 12 SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Almond
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade JAWS 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
Top quality lather from soap for creaminess and slickness. The scent just too mild for me but still can smell faint almond. Better than Cella. Brush was fantastic.
Shave with razor paired with this blade was perfect! Matched perfectly & flawless! Very smooth, sharp but yet comfortable and lastly, efficient!! 3+1 multiple passes without weepers nor irritation. BBS result! Icy water rinse followed by cooling Thayers then softened by Hyaluronic and fragrant by VIBR! Super nice session.
Rating 9.7/10!
Sharks circled but no blood for the Jaws!
View attachment 58276
View attachment 58277
I've never seen those Jaws blades before

Today's shave:

rdt200812ctkcj.jpg

- Summer Break Back To School
- Alpha Classic Synthetic
- Alpha Outlaw with MÜHLE handle and Feather blade
- Myrsol Agua de Limón aftershave

:)

Summer holidays are over in my corner of the world, and the new school year begins with mandatory mask wearing for kids (year five and up) all the time and teachers most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom