SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

View attachment 94838
Semogue Owners Club, PAA Astra Planeta CK-6,
Yaqi Excalibur, Schick Proline P-30

I just swapped the Kai Pink after 10 shaves for a new P-30. Is it me? The old Kai felt better (sharper) than the fresh P-30, which seemed tuggy. I got an OK result in the end but I was a bit underwhelmed. The soap was good even though the brush wanted to hog the lather a bit. This was about a 7 out of 10 all in all. Who else thinks P-30 a bit meh compared to Kai? To be fair it was one shave, maybe it'll be better tomorrow, I'm perhaps quick to judge and not a good judge anyway?
Exactly my findings, just like the DE blade world not every blade is good for every razor or person. I landed up giving mine away and am sticking with Kai and Feathers.

Exactly my findings, just like the DE blade world not every blade is good for every razor or person. I landed up giving mine away and am sticking with Kai and Feathers.
Well luckily the 3rd blade I have waiting in my blade tin is a Feather so I will give the Schick a fair chance but might sack it off if the next couple of shaves are meh, and crack on with the Feather. Then it's a battle between the 2 before my next Connaught order. Thanks for the reply as I'm literally on my 2nd AC blade ever so all comments welcome, and I dare say you are right it's YMMV same as DE.

r0dmg6e.jpg
Is there a difference in shaves? I have a Ball End Tech - possibly my favourite razor. Never used the heavier flat bottomed version.

eTe1E6T.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Cobalt Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Winter
Razor: Merkur Mergress (4-2-2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Epsilon Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Peau D'Espagne EdC

An 8 day growth required blade gap and efficiency - the Mergress on setting 4 WTG obliged.

Roll up, roll up, roll up to my final entry for this week and a shave themed, 'U-Turn'

20221014_173103.jpg

U-Bend - Tatara Nodachi dark
U-Channel - Wizamet Super Iridium
U2 me - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
U-Boat - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
UPVC - T&H Grafton
Ermmm, mmmmmm, huhummm. Only last week, together with the chancellor of the shower room, it was decided that it would be economically advantageous and in the best interest of the shaving community if I was to grow a beard and sod off lower the taxation threshold on corporate facial fluff. However in great deliberation after an upheaval in the shaving markets and a rise in bonded razor values, it has been necessary to make a return to true shaving values. We are listening to the people, we are listening to the shaving market and we are listening to a few bad choices of female Japanese bands at the same time.

Hence I am happy to present you with my SOTD after a traumatic day of turmoil and U-bends. The Toilet party.

The shave?

Yeh it was great thank you. And to those pondering over the Captain Fawcett. Yeh it was great thank you.

Have a most fantastic weekend you non-fluffy forum folk and wishing you all the best.

Bad choice Japanese lady bands? No such thing....

Okay. May be

I love you all

Back
Top Bottom