SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

SOTD 07/08/21 - Colonial Razors The General (Stainless V1) / Schick Proline / Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Le Bleu / Carnavis & Richardson 26mm Two Band Badger / Missoni Pour Homme, Nivea Daily Skin & Stubble Lotion

Off out for a wedding anniversary meal with my good lady tonight, so I went for and with a Le Bleu theme....

210807-SOTD.jpg

Congratulations :) :)

SOTD : 8th August 2021.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap. (no.2)
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Creightons Sensitive PSB./Milton Lloyd America Night EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Maiden shave with the new HWF lanolin shaving soap (no.2) with Tea Tree & Lavender essential oils which is a great addition.

The essential oils gives the soap a mild medicinal scent with a wonderful post shave feel from the lanolin making my mature rhino skin feel superb...I will also be doing another maiden shave with the new (no.3) later in the week.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfort shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd America Night EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 8 SR SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Dorko Solingen Near Wedge
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA+HA +TGS Sea Citrus
Very nice lather from this soft soap. Scent, creaminess, and lastly slickness all checked ✔
Put the razor through the pasted balsa strop progression yesterday night. Ohhhh yeah...the edge was noticeably keen & sharper compared to yesterday. Still felt smooth and comfortable in 3passes but somehow the keen edge causes red irritation below the jawline & neck. No cuts nor weepers though...really interesting. Aftershaves were awesome as usual.
20210808_120057.jpg

SOTD 07/08/21 - Colonial Razors The General (Stainless V1) / Schick Proline / Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Le Bleu / Carnavis & Richardson 26mm Two Band Badger / Missoni Pour Homme, Nivea Daily Skin & Stubble Lotion

Off out for a wedding anniversary meal with my good lady tonight, so I went for and with a Le Bleu theme....

210807-SOTD.jpg

Congratulations and a happy anniversary to you both. No doubt shaved to perfection for the occasion

SOTD 08-Aug
DSC01953.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: Lemon Drop 26mm TGN Boar
Soap: OSP Business Time
Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)

Very close shave this morning, 2 passes more than sufficient for a Sunday morning. Plus I didn't want to push it too far seeing as after the jab my arm felt like someone had been playing dead arm on me whilst I slept.

Love the OSP Business Time scent and performance, I keep telling myself I need to try more of his gear but I'm keeping myself in check!

Hope everyone has a grand Sunday!

Cheers

Marc

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 8th August 2021

Shave Score 9.9 / 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Signature Soaps - Eboracum
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (D)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soaps - Eboracum
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Hope (Perppermint Essential Oil)
Post Shave Cologne: None

I think I’ve decided on the Karve D plate, delivers a great shave with very little effort :)

Have a great Sunday all.

Joe

2A005A3E-CF8D-44E3-B9D4-C5B1C69E7278.jpeg

IMG_20210808_111241.jpg

8/8/21

Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega/GFS 10077
Razor - Ying Jili Tech
Blade - Polish Polsilver (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Wet shaving can be a weird old thing at times. For the last few days I've been using an esteemed blade from yesteryear, a Polish Polsilver blade and to be honest my first three shaves were not the best ones, I found the blade to be a little on the harsh side of things, even though I used the blade in some very mild razors (Old Type, Fat Handle Tech, Yaqi Old Type clone), and some good lathers (two Stirling soaps). Whilst building up the lather on my face, I looked at the components Arko Stick, a Omega 10077 brush, and a Ying Jili Tech all of which are the cheapest respective items of their kind in my den and lowered my expectations of how the shave might be, but how wrong could I have been.
The brush itself only has a few under it's belt, so it was in no way performing as well as it will do, but it still created a perfectly adequate lather with the Arko stick. I seldom use the Yingi Jili Tech, I find it to be far too mild to use but in paired beautifully with the Polish Polsilver, and not only did I have easily the most comfortable shave with the blade so far, but one of the most comfortable shaves I have had for a while. Of course, there's a reason why the Polish Polsilver is highly rated it just so happened to be I'd not been using the right razor for the blade, sometimes the cheap overlooked razors can produce great results with the right blade.

An absolute delight of a shave, I wasn't expecting it to be this good but it was a cracker.

Have a good day gents.

Back
Top Bottom