SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #17
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Aaaaaaaaaah Tabac, GOD ALMIGHTY!!, I love this old tallow formula, I'm all stocked up for a very very very long time supplies of Tabac tallow formula in my den.

Sorry non-tallow vegan crap, I am not touching the new non-tallow Tabac until I RIP.

SOTD : 7th August 2021.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Razorock "What The Puck? !"Lime Burst Shaving soap.
Blade : Dorco Prime Platinum.(D1)
Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive Fragrance free Body Lotion./Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...It's been a while since i last used my Parker 94r which paired together with the Korean Dorco Prime Platinum very nicely with no issues making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo...The hefty weight of this small very effective razor adds to it's wonderful assertiveness which doesn't holds no prisoners to face & head stubble.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Victor no9 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 7 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Dorko Solingen 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + HA + Proraso Green Splash
Awesome lather from the soap. Love the scent, icy sensation & most of all, the creamy & slick lather...
Shave with this razor was enjoyable. I am liking very much the weighty feel of this near wedge razor. Edge feels smooth and comfortable but still unable to get the targeted efficiency. 3passes without any issues for a ccs to sas result. Aftershaves were awesome too.
20210807_120755.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 7th August 2021

Shave Score 9.7 / 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Oaken - Batavia Barber
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (D)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave ASL: Oaken - Batavia Barber
Post Shave Balm: Baxter’s
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

A nice early morning shave today, I love this scent, my wife hates it :)

Joe

3EB9C180-60F1-4986-B9BD-28F501E2E2CA.jpeg

Saturday Shave

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (9)
Brush: Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest
Cream: TOBS Royal Forest
AS: WSP Olympus

sotd_041.jpg

Sat 07
Pre: PAA cube
Soap: Blue devil shave co lavender patch tallow
Balm: Arko unscented
Alum bloc
Brush: Alpha outlaw
Razor: Karve D plate
Blade: persona platinum chrome 2nd use

Went for 3 pass shave this morning went with the lavender patch nice pleasent scent from the tub and once lathered is still pleasent definitely not a strong scent but I like it soap was dense and slick and skin felt good after the shave also the persona worked really well with the karve
20210807_073556.jpg20210807_073720.jpg20210807_073856.jpg20210807_074110.jpg

Sat 7th August

Stirling Syn. 26mm
P & B Spitfire
Yaqi Raster V2
Kai CT Protouch MG [ 4 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Another first class Shave with the Raster, I know these guarded blades are expensive, but they allow me to work away without fear of mishap to eliminate all the stubborn areas of growth with ease.

IMG_1587.jpg

Last edited:
07/08/2021

Razor: RazoRock Aluminium Lupo
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Maseto 30mm
Soap: Tabac
ASL: Tabac
ASB: Tabac

IMG_20210807_081258.jpg

Seeing all the Tabac related posts lately had me reeling with FOMO. In to the depths of my wardrobe base went my arm and out came Tabac.

The aluminium Lupo is a great little razor. That was an enjoyable shave.

The weekend shave,

Soap. ……. Palmolive
Brush. ……. Simpson Berkeley 46
Razor. ……. Gillette HD 500
Blade ……. GWS , india (1)
Asb. ……… Nivea
ASL. ……… Old Spice

What a super smooth face feeler it was. Every aspect of this shave was a real joy, with no errors… :) Happy
B2B39995-B509-463A-8C07-85D96DE41E62.jpeg

Stay safe, enjoy your weekend folks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom