SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

SOTD 07/08/21 - Colonial Razors The General (Stainless V1) / Schick Proline / Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Le Bleu / Carnavis & Richardson 26mm Two Band Badger / Missoni Pour Homme, Nivea Daily Skin & Stubble Lotion

Off out for a wedding anniversary meal with my good lady tonight, so I went for and with a Le Bleu theme....

210807-SOTD.jpg
Congrats Martyn. A fine shave for a fine evening. Enjoy.

SOTD 07/08/21 - Colonial Razors The General (Stainless V1) / Schick Proline / Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Le Bleu / Carnavis & Richardson 26mm Two Band Badger / Missoni Pour Homme, Nivea Daily Skin & Stubble Lotion

Off out for a wedding anniversary meal with my good lady tonight, so I went for and with a Le Bleu theme....

210807-SOTD.jpg
Many congratulations, enjoy your day/night with your good lady :)

210807-SOTD.jpg
Congratulations Congrats GIF by Goldfish
on your wedding anniversary.....Have a wonderful meal with your good lady.

210807-SOTD.jpg
Congrats on your wedding anniversary, have a wonderful evening.

Paul.

210807-SOTD.jpg
Happy anniversary Martyn

210807-SOTD.jpg

Congratulations on your Anniversary

Saturday 7th August 2021

Pre: Warm rinse and wash with The Isle of Skye Soap Company Lemongrass soap
Soap/Cream: OSP Orange and Patchouli soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: Fatboy (4,3,2)
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, OSP Orange and Patchouli aftershave, Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood balm
EdP: AdP Essenza

24233D5A-DC97-4730-99ED-D85B7DBB2E61.jpeg

It’s amazing what forgotten little gems you find when having a clear out!

Step up the Fatboy…..paired with my current blade - Astra, it was a impressive performer. A few pickups needed following my 3rd pass, but the result is a trouble free BBS finish.

Similarly, the OSP has been hidden amongst soaps in a (still too full) drawer. I actually forgot just how few swirls of the brush are needed for an absolute lather fest….enough for 3 passes, pickups and a post shave face wash…and some.

I still love this little razor and when it gets used I fully appreciate its cult following and status in the vintage world.

A thoroughly enjoyable shave this afternoon.

Now back to my Innis & Gunn and this afternoons rugby.

Have a great day folks.

Last edited:
Saturday 7th August 2021

Pre: Warm rinse and wash with The Isle of Skye Soap Company Lemongrass soap
Soap/Cream: OSP Orange and Patchouli soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: Fatboy (4,3,2)
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, OSP Orange and Patchouli aftershave, Barts Balm Risemy and Sandalwood balm
EdP: AdP Essenza

View attachment 75011

It’s amazing what forgotten little gems you find when having a clear out!

Step up the Fatboy…..paired with my current blade - Astra, it was a impressive performer. A few pickups needed following my 3rd pass, but the result is a trouble free BBS finish.

Similarly, the OSP has been hidden amongst soaps in a (still too full) drawer. I actually forgot just how few swirls of the brush are needed for an absolute lather fest….enough for 3 passes, pickups and a post shave face wash…and some.

I still love this little razor and when it gets used I fully appreciate its cult following and status in the vintage world.

A thoroughly enjoyable shave this afternoon.

Now back to to buy Innis & Gunn and this afternoons rugby.

Have a great day folks.
osp-shouldnt-be-hidden-away.jpg

229034130_887400945204986_219158514416921017_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium (2)

Late posting of an early shave today. Out with boy 2 for a birthday party today, so now back home for a well deserved alcoholic beverage after a lengthy period marshaling five year olds. When did the rules of pass the parcel change so everyone wins? Bloody snowflakes ;)
Anyway, TDS=ace, Merkur=fantastic, Supermax=more than adequate. Not much to add really. Right, beer o'clock:D

Back
Top Bottom