SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

SOTD 07/08/21 - Colonial Razors The General (Stainless V1) / Schick Proline / Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Le Bleu / Carnavis & Richardson 26mm Two Band Badger / Missoni Pour Homme, Nivea Daily Skin & Stubble Lotion

Off out for a wedding anniversary meal with my good lady tonight, so I went for and with a Le Bleu theme....

210807-SOTD.jpg
Have a lovely meal Martyn.

SOTD 07/08/21 - Colonial Razors The General (Stainless V1) / Schick Proline / Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Le Bleu / Carnavis & Richardson 26mm Two Band Badger / Missoni Pour Homme, Nivea Daily Skin & Stubble Lotion

Off out for a wedding anniversary meal with my good lady tonight, so I went for and with a Le Bleu theme....

210807-SOTD.jpg
Congratulations....Have a lovely evening and meal :)

Saturday AM 2021-08-07
International Clown Day
yW86Dj2.jpg

Black Eagle 2018 LE
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson London Bridge (15)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave

The brush, loaned to me by a very generous friend here, worked very well with the hard soap. It loaded easily and made excellent lather. Its backbone and flow-through felt medium, similar to an early Paladin or an M&F, and the hair tips were extremely soft, with none of the scritch I am used to feeling with my vintage Rooneys.
XZETAfv.jpg

Saturday 7th August 2021

Pre: Warm rinse and wash with The Isle of Skye Soap Company Lemongrass soap
Soap/Cream: OSP Orange and Patchouli soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: Fatboy (4,3,2)
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, OSP Orange and Patchouli aftershave, Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood balm
EdP: AdP Essenza

View attachment 75011

It’s amazing what forgotten little gems you find when having a clear out!

Step up the Fatboy…..paired with my current blade - Astra, it was a impressive performer. A few pickups needed following my 3rd pass, but the result is a trouble free BBS finish.

Similarly, the OSP has been hidden amongst soaps in a (still too full) drawer. I actually forgot just how few swirls of the brush are needed for an absolute lather fest….enough for 3 passes, pickups and a post shave face wash…and some.

I still love this little razor and when it gets used I fully appreciate its cult following and status in the vintage world.

A thoroughly enjoyable shave this afternoon.

Now back to my Innis & Gunn and this afternoons rugby.

Have a great day folks.

I agree with you on the Fatboy...I think its reputation is well deserved; I prefer it to the Slim...

Thanks folks, she's put up with me and the ever-increasing accumulation of razors*/blades*/brushes*/soaps* (*delete as applicable) and given me the stare only a wife can give a husband when the next parcel arrives (we've all had it, some more than once...) but she's a keeper....
Happy Anniversary, enjoy the meal.

210807-SOTD.jpg
Congratulations to you and your wife Martyn

210807-SOTD.jpg

Congratulations and many happy returns Martyn

210807-SOTD.jpg
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

210807-SOTD.jpg
Happy anniversary Martyn enjoy the rest of your evening

SoTd
Wonderful shave earlier this evening what’s not to love when it’s an SV shave it’s a guaranteed good en ! Almost forgot to post up this evening..been busy ordering some new cycling gear another rabbit hole I could easily get lost in best not though, going away next week and want to spoil those closest to me for a change instead of myself lol27DB3F7C-64FA-45A4-8EA5-54926EDFA514.jpeg

A58ECB3F-0255-4265-A93B-562360CF64EF.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: Stirling Campania.

Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush.

Razor: Tatara Masamune.

Blade: Feather Blade.

Stirling Campania EDT.

I thought I’d give the Masamune a run out today as a comparison to the Karve and it’s still too tough for me to decide between the two. A fabulous smooth shave and I love this scent, milder than most Stirling offering but still my best.

Back
Top Bottom