SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

Curious as to how you find the OC, I was in search at one point to go alongside the 'A' Plate but decided to hold fire. I'd heard mention that the gaps between the teeth were quite wide which meant that this particular fella kept catching raised areas more frequently than other OC razors. Now this individual may have been going at himself like he was skinning a carcass or he has skin like a bitter gourd which which may very well have been the issue, I just don't know. How do you find it?
I find it assertive and like it with a guarded blade. With other blades you just have to ensure no rush and short strokes.With hindsight I could quite easily settle for the ‘A’ Plate only.

12 August

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

9B43DFBD-3177-462E-AB33-E502C52A02CA.jpeg

A two pass shave with cold water and the Hibernia soap was most refreshing. The Blackbird is an excellent razor giving a very close and very comfortable shave, and it looks fabulous.

Thursday 12th August

AM-JKLXhZFQLzLWlXNve9XAGtAmSwlbYMwLJ71SBf4pW6IsNGI36YR8AbsNwUUha_UtH4e5IaTtDLlBxIF033LGpbFpHslHhG2TYswTUMyfUPiu2tERa_pDxeRxbpJv7CUNLS6xIkvK8So7CF94djLKBnYUtlg=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Eco Warrior Shaving Bar
Kent Infinity+ Silvertex
Ever Ready 1912 Bathroom Set
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (4)
Novaya Zarya Chypre

Thursday is a good day for a Chypre.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Voskhod ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Atlantis 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Arko Shave Stick
Splash = Myrsol Metisol Astringent
Balm = L’oréal Barberclub

Mix & Match today with no rhyme or reason to what i picked.
it was basically everything that was first at hand.
I love this brush but don’t use it enough due to trying to break in a couple of Boars i have.
The shave itself was actually faultless and i can’t wait for another one.
All the best lads
Stay Safe
8E834FC3-E730-44F8-8A15-3E988A976587.jpeg

And in a return to the good bad old days this evening's adventures in sinkland was delivered with the theme 'The vest a man can get'

imageproxy.jpeg

IMG_20210811_212436_edit_24648739930092.jpg

Something - Wilkinson Sword Quatro
Something else - Wilkinson Sword Quatro blade(s)
Something brushy - Mmmm.. fingers?
A tin of something - Gillette scented(?) gel
Ahh. A real something - Truefitt and Hill Grafton balm

'The best a man can get?'
I don't think so Mr. Gillette. I don't think so

Heathen, an abomination from Hell I hear you cry. Well I guess I tick both boxes so no hurt felt. Why? For something different and to see if those days past were so dark. And the missus left them hanging around, and I didn't even know she had a beard issue.

The Wilkinson Sword Quatro. An SE razor with cleverly enough, four blades.

For heaven's sake don't mention this to WS or Gillette

It also sports a lubrication strip which gives the odd sensation of shaving with Evostick, and the clever bit. The lube strip flips back to reveal a single edge for those bits needing some form of accuracy, and oddly enough it works. Quite well in fact.

Speed wise this is the Usain Bolt of the razor world. Around the face in 80 seconds. An abridged version of the famous book by Julie Verne, the younger sister of Jules. Certainly fast, but could probably be faster if the long strings of lubrication didn't hold it back. It is like trying to shave with a face covered in cobwebs.

Shave gel in a tin? Saves a fortune on brushes and all applied in seconds using grubby mits. Scented? With what? Shaving gel aroma I guess. Oh, and some kind of chlorofluorocarbon. Or so I presume.

At the end of it all though a reasonable finish with a lot less faff and pretty well zero pizazz. The results were to be honest, perfectly acceptable but I don't think it will become a regular routine. But if my wife said 'You have 5 minutes to get shaved and get out or you will find yourself divorced', I will just think 'I'll have some of that'..... 'again'

May be I won't though, but I would happily have some of this

9CA5B4A6-4A62-4DE5-9366-4858A07EACCA.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube unscented.

Soap: Tabac travel stick.

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia.

Razor: Snmirn Classic Adjustable Razor.

Blade: Dorco Titian

I love this little razor and hell judge me if you like but I love tabac as well! I may actually make this my go to travel set! A lovely cold shave and start to the day!

F02AA453-9977-4E6E-A50C-17A2A3B65130.jpegYet another shave with the same setup. 2 passes for bbs! Technique is definitely improving. Blade on its 12th use is nice and smooth. Using this daily since beginning of august - it’s getting a little bit boring. At least croap is coming down fairly quick - only about 85g left. 3-4g per use, so should be nearly empty by the end of august!

Back
Top Bottom