SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

I think the 3one6 is a great razor Rob. It often flies under the radar of our community.

The stainless version isn't much heavier then the aluminium handle variant. The aluminium looks awesome and feels nice in the hand. Just giving you food for thought - a red, blue or orange in the den may look cool!

Hi Chris.
EJ as a brand has never appealed to me. When I first started DE shaving I opted for the Merkur 34C instead of the DE89 (as a beginner, it's the law to only go for one of those two).
There were a few other factors why I hadn't tried the 3ONE6.
I've tried the DE89 and found it too mild. With early reports saying the 3ONE6 was just going to be a stainless steel version EJ89, this wasn't an appealing proposition.
With only a very causal glance across the forums I saw some quality issues and mixed reports of it being rough and aggressive.

As you can see from all the above I was coming to the 3ONE6 with a lot of baggage.
Thanks to the generosity of a forum member I could make up my own mind.
As mentioned in my SOTD. I didn't want to go all hyper and say it's the greatest razor ever but I was really surprised what a great shaver it was and why it hasn't got a load my fans?

As for the stainless steel Vs the aluminium? I thought the SS was bag on weight wise and I really liked the knurled handle. Saying that the aluminium handles do look cool.

Most of my funds are currently going towards cycling gear but if I see either variant on the BST in the future I'll be sorely tempted.

Cheers Rob

Wed 11th August

Omega 11126 boar
Williams Mug soap
RR S/S Hawk V3- OC
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 3 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

With this blade on board the Hawk is still assertive but is less fiery. The Shave was smooth and comfortable and the finish attained up there with the best.

E6DBB892-9183-48B9-9BF4-A5292846E006.jpeg

Wednesday AM 2021-08-11
National Sons & Daughters Day
G6hy6rz.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Mysore Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Guerlain Homme aftershave
RUYg7BQ.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Wednesday 11th August 2021

Shave Score 9.50 / 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 “Non-Menthol”
Soap: Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: Karve Aluminium (D)
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (1)
Post Shave ASL: Agrumi Del Mediterraneo
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

Joe

CDE4DC2A-E0FB-4B38-A3D4-9F4DC1890BB3.jpeg

Wednesday 11th August

AM-JKLUxVw-WBQigm8oYvQNAQ0bmNMzksVMyZpTaL3lJTflzCBIWjveoQA-vffc7rrS5p5QS2NA65A1IB2XWm2s2ae80OrB7u8XFAJTahzWZWZKav__Gmfevl7gdZ6SpypWKaYui_y9WiJ7Q2h7U3U4Myph3tw=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Eco Warrior Shaving Bar
Kent Infinity+ Silvertex
Ever Ready 1912 Peerless
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (3)
Novaya Zarya Russian Forest

Super shave with this late model 1912 ...

What's worthy of note about these late models is that by this era the blades themselves were the same thickness and the blades that we use today and so the geometry is spot-on. Earlier models (say, from the '40s) were designed around blades with thicker spines, like the hallowed Corrux or Cru-Steel blades and so when using a modern GEM blade, that shave can be improved by slipping another spine underneath the blade's spine.

Anyway ...

Another use of the Eco Warrior shaving bar, which I've really clicked with and sure I will keep in rotation. Good splash of the Russian Forest and I'm a very happy fellow.

Lovely!

Wednesday 11th August 2021 PM

Pre: Warm rinse and Proraso green pre-shave
Soap/Cream: The Shaving Shop Hédonisme soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: Claymore V1
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Barts Balm Amber & Moroccan Jasmine balm
EdP: Hugo Boss The Scent Intense

F2ED92D6-B0EC-4374-85B2-73DEB565AED3.jpeg

This soap has been so missed after it and the accompanying splash were gifted to me by a very kind @Blackmass many moons ago, and I so stupidly PIF’d them to a friend who was new to wet shaving, regretting it ever since. This particular scent is no longer produced but is simply a joy to behold.

Thank you to @wooky114 for responding to my want to buy post and allowing me to get my hands on it once again.

I literally threw my dinner down my neck earlier, desperate to get a shave on! My family were wondering WTAF as I sat constantly sniffing the soap at the dinner table!

To be honest, I didn’t really care how this evenings shave went, all that mattered was loading, sniffing, loading, sniffing, painting, sniffing, you get the idea.

The good news is that my shave was excellent. The bad news was that it didn’t last long enough.

This scent goes so well with Hugh Boss The Scent.

Mrs C is wondering why the hell I'm sitting with this goofy smile and smelling like a lady of the night’s handbag…..whilst simultaneously giving me that “it’s a weeknight” look. I’m sure many of us can relate to that!

SNIFFFFFFF…..

Have a wonderful evening folks!

Last edited:
Wednesday 11th August 2021 PM

Pre: Warm rinse and Proraso green pre-shave
Soap/Cream: The Shaving Shop Hédonisme soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: Claymore V1
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Barts Balm Amber & Moroccan Jasmine balm
EdP: Hugo Boss The Scent

View attachment 75241

This soap has been so missed after it and the accompanying splash were gifted to me by a very kind @Blackmass many moons ago, and I so stupidly PIF’d them to a friend who was new to wet shaving, regretting it ever since. This particular scent is no longer produced but is simply a joy to behold.

Thank you to @wooky114 for responding to my want to buy post and allowing me to get my hands on it once again.

I literally threw my dinner down my neck earlier, desperate to get a shave on! My family were wondering WTAF as I sat constantly sniffing the soap at the dinner table!

To be honest, I didn’t really care how this evenings shave went, all that mattered was loading, sniffing, loading, sniffing, painting, sniffing, you get the idea.

The good news is that my shave was excellent. The bad news was that it didn’t last long enough.

This scent goes so well with Hugh Boss The Scent.

Mrs C is wondering why the hell I'm sitting with this goofy smile and smelling like a lady of the night’s handbag…..whilst simultaneously giving me that “it’s a weeknight” look. I’m sure many of us can relate to that!

SNIFFFFFFF…..

Have a wonderful evening folks!

Thanks for the tag. Glad you managed to get hold of another one.

Back
Top Bottom