SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

View attachment 75199

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 (on loan)
Gillette Silver Blue
Paladin PK-47
Southern Witchcrafts Fougere Nemeta soup and splash (on loan)

It's been 5 days since my last shave (shocking I know) but the 3ONE6 made short work of it. Very smooth and extremely efficient. At this early stage I don't want to go too hyperbolic (who me?) but I'm very impressed.

Onto the soap. This is the first SW soap I've tried. The base was very good but I'm not a big fan of the scent.

Overall a fantastic shave.

Enjoy the rest of the week Gents.

Cheers
Rob
I think the 3one6 is a great razor Rob. It often flies under the radar of our community.

The stainless version isn't much heavier then the aluminium handle variant. The aluminium looks awesome and feels nice in the hand. Just giving you food for thought - a red, blue or orange in the den may look cool!

231325103_1220128388400512_5185335420343331455_n (1).jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Preshave
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (3)

As the Reserve Cool soap does not include the menthol that is present in the splash, Proraso was introduced purely for this purpose. It certainly freshened the lather up, and a further dab post-cold water rinse was a nice addition. The kayaput topped the shave off well, and this is definitely a setup that will reappear in this formation in the future.

My SOTD carrying the theme 'To Mrs Satanfriendly'

View attachment 75153

For all those great times - Stainless Colonial General
For those not so great moments - Kai Captain
For all your support - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
For my lack of at times - Signature Soaps Londinium
Simply, for being - Laboratory Perfumes Samphire

21st wedding anniversary shave on our second marriage............. to each other. Yes, married, divorced and several years later, married again. At the second time around a Welsh friend leant over and tugged my sleeve. 'Chris, if this isn't illegal, then it bloody well should be'

My sleeve occasionally still tugs in sympathy

I couldn't find a term for a 21 years of wedded bliss. 20 yes, 25 yes, nothing for 21 so I have come up with 'PTFE coated copper cable anniversary'

And of course a shave for the occasion. Where else to start than one of my favourite soaps for getting the job done, Signature Londinium. I have to say the brush barely fits inside the tub but hey, that is what happens when you get a big greedy brush. But what a big greedy brush it is. And it is very shiny. The General doesn't really need any introduction as it gets used and reported enough by me, and as perfect today as when I first bought it. Which is more than Mrs Satanfriendly says about me. Then again she did buy me in 'imperfect' condition so nothing has changed.

But end of the day a wonderful fitting shave for a wonderful and very fitting day. I have 365 days to dream up a term for our 22nd next year and until then I will always enjoy her company.

And to end it all on it is over to those Beaver girls and their take it on it all

Well done fella and congratulations to the both of you

SOTD 11-Aug
DSC01988.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: Fine American Blend
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Vokshod (2)

Grand shave this morning, chilled time to myself...well with the exception of the Disney songs that my 3 year old daughter had playing over all the echos in the house, just had to go to my special place.

Lovely scent on the American blend, again inoffensive and does the job well. Been a while since I used the monster, not a huge fan of it compared to my other brushes, still does the job well enough but may be destined for the depths of my boxes.

Smooth and refreshed, now just need copious amounts of caffeine to be ready for the day!

Have a grand one all

Cheers

Marc

Wed 11 SR SOTD
Soap Arko Stick
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Ribbon 1000 1st Use - Thanks to @RussellR5555 !! (including the LeGrolet too)
Aftershave
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather as usual from the soap!
The razor is a beauty! The shave was good and smooth in 3 passes but somehow my techniques didn't do the razor any justice. Managed a sas finished. The edge felt smooth and it is nicely finished on an Ozuku by Russell. Gotta use this more.
20210811_095447.jpg
20210811_101705.jpg

View attachment 75153

21st wedding anniversary shave on our second marriage............. to each other. Yes, married, divorced and several years later, married again. At the second time around a Welsh friend leant over and tugged my sleeve. 'Chris, if this isn't illegal, then it bloody well should be'

I couldn't find a term for a 21 years of wedded bliss. 20 yes, 25 yes, nothing for 21 so I have come up with 'PTFE coated copper cable anniversary'

And of course a shave for the occasion. Where else to start than one of my favourite soaps for getting the job done, Signature Londinium. I have to say the brush barely fits inside the tub but hey, that is what happens when you get a big greedy brush. But what a big greedy brush it is. And it is very shiny. The General doesn't really need any introduction as it gets used and reported enough by me, and as perfect today as when I first bought it. Which is more than Mrs Satanfriendly says about me. Then again she did buy me in 'imperfect' condition so nothing has changed.

But end of the day a wonderful fitting shave for a wonderful and very fitting day. I have 365 days to dream up a term for our 22nd next year and until then I will always enjoy her company.

And to end it all on it is over to those Beaver girls and their take it on it all

Congratulations and wishing you many more years of happiness together!

WEDNESDAY 08.11.21 SOTD

E7jVPqd.jpg

Barbaros TR-2 / Feather
Shave Forge 24mm Silvertip
B&M Bay Rum Shaving Soap & AS

View attachment 75153

Belated congratulations on you celebration

Congratulations!

09/08/2021

Razor: RazoRock Aluminium Lupo
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Boti 26mm Silvertip
Soap: P&B Interlinked
ASL: P&B Interlinked
ASB: P&B Interlinked

IMG_20210811_103243.jpg

I gave the Interlinked another shot today using just the balm and the splash as an EdT on my chest. I smell great but I also got a bit of burn from the balm. A real shame. I'm keeping the soap but will move the splash and balm on.

20210811_104225.jpg
SOTD 11th Aug
Pre - PAA Cube
Soap - B&M Frankly My Pear
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor - Rockwell 6c R3
Blade - Rockwell Swedish Stainless Steel #1
Post - Musgo Real Balm

Nice 2 passes ready for work.
I was a bit apprehensive about blade, but there were no drama's and a very nice DFS finish. Perhaps not as smooth as my favourite SS blade the Silver Star - but I have 100 of these Rockwell blades so I'll try them in my other DE's but they're more than acceptable in the 6c.
Take care all.

Back
Top Bottom