SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

SOTD : 7th August 2022.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap bowl.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D5)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Derby soap bowl provides a wonderful dense slick protective lather, which is equal to the shave stick if not better for it's lather density IMHO...The scent of both Derby & Arko soaps is something i personally don't mind to my sense of smell it's just a 'clean pleasant soap/lemon scent' which like the vast majority of shaving soaps with a few rules to the exception the scent vanishes after i have done my cold water face.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.

Sun 7 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Shark Platinum 4th
Aftershave Stirling MitA Splash
Wonderful soap and matching splash for a hot day! Cooling sensation, very nice scent, and a lovely lather whip-up by my top shelf softest badger brush...Today's session with one of my top DE razors paired with the blade provided a fantastic shave!! Very enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. It was very audible but smooth and efficient...

07/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Pal Injectomatic
Blade - Vintage PAL Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie

Maiden Voyage for this NOS Injectomatic, a very efficient little razor. The Vintage blade did seem a little harsh during the first pass and then seemed to get a little smoother, i do hope i can get some use from these blades.
The RR400 easily whipping up the Arran Machrie into a wonderful slick covering, another very fresh, clean scented set, i would say a little lighter than the Lochranza, i really enjoy both.
2 passes today ATG then XTG for another really close finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 07-Aug

Brush: Alpha UKWSS Boar
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: GSB (1)

Good shave this morning, decided to try the boar set in the other ferule. Does the job well enough but it's a little too paint brush like, prefer my other boar (of which I do have another knot) so I may eventually pull and replace. I do like the handle itself though.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 07/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Proraso White Cream
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Bit of a mix and match today. Tomorrow I'm starting a soap rotation in order based on my new soap storage hanger. A couple of empty spaces ready for my next delivery from Signature Soaps.

Finished off with my current favourite smell which is Southern Witchcrafts Desairology.

Sunday 7 August 2022

Razor - Feather Artist Club DX
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush n Bowl - Chisel and Hound Silvertip & Captain's Choice Aquamarine copper bowl
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris.

A lovely shave was had, the extra blade exposure when using the Pro Super blade forced me to use a shallower angle when shaving, much the same angle I would use when using one of my straight razor's and with this done it was a pleasure to shave with.
A perfect shave, so perhaps the perfect blade for me with this razor.
The perfect outcome was of course largely due to the lovely goats milk soap base of the Signature Soaps Capra which left my skin soft and supple after my shave.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend chaps!

Paul.

Karve Overlander alu
Gillette Aussie Spoiler (25 and out)
Simpson P8 Phyl LE best
Novus Spice
warm water
Novus Spice.

Todo bueno. I think the Spoiler can go into an honourable retirement after 25 uses. I could use it again if necessary tomorrow but I know from experience with these blades that I will run the risk of irritating my skin soon. As the performance starts to drop off, they remain perfectly comfortable during the shave but I need to make more strokes within each of the two passes to get the result I expect. Hence the risk of upsetting my skin, particularly on the 'trouble spots' that need a fair amount of buffing/polishing. All in all - a remarkable blade from a time that there was genuine competition between manufacturers to produce the very best blades possible. @Boycie83 - I told you I wasn't making the expected longevity up! As you said, beyond AC blade territory and by a comfortable margin. Cheers all - I.