SOTD : Saturday 6 August - Friday 12 August 2022.

SOTD : 7th August 2022.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap bowl.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D5)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Lemon Eau De Cologne./ Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Derby soap bowl provides a wonderful dense slick protective lather, which is equal to the shave stick if not better for it's lather density IMHO...The scent of both Derby & Arko soaps is something i personally don't mind to my sense of smell it's just a 'clean pleasant soap/lemon scent' which like the vast majority of shaving soaps with a few rules to the exception the scent vanishes after i have done my cold water face.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 7 SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Shark Platinum 4th
Aftershave Stirling MitA Splash
Wonderful soap and matching splash for a hot day! Cooling sensation, very nice scent, and a lovely lather whip-up by my top shelf softest badger brush...Today's session with one of my top DE razors paired with the blade provided a fantastic shave!! Very enjoyable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. It was very audible but smooth and efficient...
20220807_141541.jpg

07/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Pal Injectomatic
Blade - Vintage PAL Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 32 (2).JPG
Maiden Voyage for this NOS Injectomatic, a very efficient little razor. The Vintage blade did seem a little harsh during the first pass and then seemed to get a little smoother, i do hope i can get some use from these blades.
The RR400 easily whipping up the Arran Machrie into a wonderful slick covering, another very fresh, clean scented set, i would say a little lighter than the Lochranza, i really enjoy both.
2 passes today ATG then XTG for another really close finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Sunday 7th August
Claymore Evo - Schick Proline P #1 - Monsavon au lait - Yaqi Robin - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
Yx9ypBV.jpg

SOTD 07-Aug
20220805_154608.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS Boar
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: GSB (1)

Good shave this morning, decided to try the boar set in the other ferule. Does the job well enough but it's a little too paint brush like, prefer my other boar (of which I do have another knot) so I may eventually pull and replace. I do like the handle itself though.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 07/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Proraso White Cream
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Bit of a mix and match today. Tomorrow I'm starting a soap rotation in order based on my new soap storage hanger. A couple of empty spaces ready for my next delivery from Signature Soaps.

Finished off with my current favourite smell which is Southern Witchcrafts Desairology.

1CDC2FC7-B8E0-4E60-B277-96EA6E1F7656.jpeg
0C731D47-1351-4500-AB69-55EFBF89CD7E.jpeg

IMG_20220807_121430_8.jpg
Sunday 7 August 2022

Razor - Feather Artist Club DX
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush n Bowl - Chisel and Hound Silvertip & Captain's Choice Aquamarine copper bowl
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris.

A lovely shave was had, the extra blade exposure when using the Pro Super blade forced me to use a shallower angle when shaving, much the same angle I would use when using one of my straight razor's and with this done it was a pleasure to shave with.
A perfect shave, so perhaps the perfect blade for me with this razor. :)
The perfect outcome was of course largely due to the lovely goats milk soap base of the Signature Soaps Capra which left my skin soft and supple after my shave. :)

Enjoy what's left of the weekend chaps!

Paul.

Sotd-07-08-22.png

Karve Overlander alu
Gillette Aussie Spoiler (25 and out)
Simpson P8 Phyl LE best
Novus Spice
warm water
Novus Spice.

Todo bueno. I think the Spoiler can go into an honourable retirement after 25 uses. I could use it again if necessary tomorrow but I know from experience with these blades that I will run the risk of irritating my skin soon. As the performance starts to drop off, they remain perfectly comfortable during the shave but I need to make more strokes within each of the two passes to get the result I expect. Hence the risk of upsetting my skin, particularly on the 'trouble spots' that need a fair amount of buffing/polishing. All in all - a remarkable blade from a time that there was genuine competition between manufacturers to produce the very best blades possible. @Boycie83 - I told you I wasn't making the expected longevity up! :) As you said, beyond AC blade territory and by a comfortable margin. Cheers all - I.

Back
Top Bottom