SOTD : Saturday 5th March - Friday 11th March 2022.

Sunday 6th March
Yaqi Robin - Wickham Cashmere - Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #1 - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
DUahd7l.jpg

06/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Blackland ERA #2
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 10 (2).JPG
I added a little pressure to the razor head during the shave, no dramas at all and again i am very comfortable and very smooth.
I know this plate will not be for everyone, although, it seems to be working fine for me.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

SOTD 06-Mar
20220306_103305 (1).jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional

Didn't have the time to bring out the straights which was unfortunate, but it's not like I can say the Vector is a bad second choice. Over played my hand a little under the chin on the ATG pass and it's a little tender, to be fair I think this was one shave too many for the blade.

Still an excellent finish, smooth and ready for the day!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

06/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Blackland ERA #2
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
View attachment 85211
I added a little pressure to the razor head during the shave, no dramas at all and again i am very comfortable and very smooth.
I know this plate will not be for everyone, although, it seems to be working fine for me.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Keep the impressions coming, mine has finally boarded a plane (maybe). Curious, do the O rings help? Or do you think it would work well enough without?

Sun 6th March

Omega 11126 boar
Ach Brito Mogno
Yaqi Raster V2
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Followed my Raster V3 Shave of yesterday with one using a Raster V2. Both had the same blade, but the V3 had a heavier handle. I think the blade alignment is better on The V2, and the Shave was very smooth with an excellent finish though I think it would work better for me with a heavier handle.

3D2CB264-FD94-4BEF-9DAC-26D10222ACD4.jpeg

Sunday 6th March

Semogue 2015HD Silvertip - Murphy & McNeil Claddagh - Pearl Blaze/Treet Durasharp - Al-Rehab Silver EDP

I really can not understand why the Pearl Blaze is not more popular. It is quite a substantial razor and shaves really well. The Claddagh is a few years old and the scent has all but disappeared but it still performs brilliantly.
3 passes for an excellent Sunday morning shave :)

6 March

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Village Barber balm

14C1567E-0F5C-423A-8011-18C56D8C1B2E.jpeg
The Chubby 2 brush created a wonderful lather this morning with the Eboracum soap sample. I really like the kick of the peppermint. Then the Claymore Evolution delivered a very pleasant two pass shave, very comfortable with the Feather blade, and a smooth result in two passes. I think I might spend next week getting more time with the my synthetic Simpsons.

Afternoon all,

Prep, hot water and a flannel
Brush, Boti
Razor, Razorock Gamechanger 84 plate
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (new)
Cream, Bond Fresh
A/S, Bond Fresh

Cream lathered up very well, nice and thick. A nice scent. Went on easily and provided a good surface to work on.

The usual 3 pass shave. I took my time as it’s a new razor. Very happy with the results, no cuts / weepers etc. No irritation. A nice clean and close shave.

Have a good afternoon and evening all.

Best,

Ben

5D1E8141-7343-4C55-A23D-547D037AA966.jpeg
SOTD: 06/03/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A delightful Sunday shave. The Tabac is alway a joy, I love the scent and ease of use, for some reason it and a lot of my lathers recently all seem to be thicker and much improved by the 3rd pass. This shave for me shows me why the Hone 15 will never leave the den, it’s my birthday on Tuesday so the Vintage Wilkinson Sword is having a use as they are fantastic and for a treat to myself!
Enjoy what’s left of the weekend guys.

Saturday evening's shave which comes to you c/w with a theme, 'For monkeys and blades'

20220305_191108.jpg

Monkey man - Razorock Hawk V3
The brethren of the blade - Schick
We want our tails back - Razorock 400
Chimps and cream - Menrock Scicilian Lime
Mammalian moisturiser - Pure
Guitar playing Guenon - Gretsch 5120

Live in a Safari Park. Trained in Liverpool

Spent Saturday over in Yorkshire waiting to meet @Blademonkey being he is using the house for a week for some different air. An absolute pleasure to meet the chap and gave chance to catch up who we really are when not shaving.

Also gave me the opportunity to give the Hawk a ride out being as it always turns in sublime results with the local water. This time was no different and a blinder of a shave. The Schick was on its last legs but still managed to plough its way through two days of facial shit before it threw its hand in and joined its brethren in the blade bin. You did well. The 400 and the Menrock played their part perfectly. For a cheap brush and a cheap cream they certainly do a mighty fine job. Slap on some Pure moisturiser and felt clean enough to stand around railway stations waiting for a man to turn up. As I said at the time it was all rather down the Tinder road. I left the flowers behind though.

Have a most wonderful week ahead you shavateers and let's hope for a more a peaceful planet in the near future.

So I shall finish on some guitar playing Japanese girls who know String strumming.....it has to be Band Maid

Back
Top Bottom