SOTD : Saturday 5th March - Friday 11th March 2022.

Saturday 5th March

Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic - Yego Cream - Pearl Blaze/Durasharp - Lustray Blue Spice AS

An interesting shave today. I have not been the greatest fan of the Simpson Premium fibre....just too much backbone compared to other knots. I am a cold water shaver but today I soaked the brush for a short time in warm water and it relaxed the fibre enough to improve the performance for me.
3 passes for a face feeler :)

179A2073-A66E-4721-90AC-294ED0A649C6.jpeg
SOTD: 05/03/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

For once I just fancied a simple plain traditional soap, nothing over scented as I’m off out tonight and wanted a big blast of top up on the Black Orchid later on. The MWF was just the ticket and lathered easily with the Yaqi cashmere. A super simple shave on a busy day.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Saturday AM 2022-03-05
National Slam the Scam Day (day of awareness of phone scams, started 2020)
b95V5yg.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Hemingway Accoutrements + Trumper Coconut shaving cream mixture
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wizamet Super Iridium (9)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave

The two creams together made wonderful rich lather, and the fruity-floral scentof the HA blended beautifully with the Trumper coconut. The razor and blade combination was very smooth and gave me a close, lazy weekend shave.
kG4MsYa.jpg

Saturday 5th March

AM-JKLV7_nHBvllK7vSDK3JSS2duZQOVAlgw_vmMYPfzEjmBpDD9AT4CysuiIIH0Bb9WNWdkidecmqK_AZugyjKPmyTs5--55NnuO-TY27iBQqpS7UKZzaSfvC9EMZW-SISkUZoQgcnP9EMX2gvdGf4Hs-bPJg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
3P Shaving Soap
Omega 10098 Boar 27mm
Yaqi SE & Treet Tez (Extra)
Avon Black Musk (Vintage) Aftershave

First go with a Treet Tez (Extra) ...

Treet appear to have released a set of blades with funky coloured packaging a gooft name like Tez, Power & TJAX!!! I've just used the Tez (Extra) and I am very sure that is simply the Treet Classic re-wrapped. I guess that's what is "Extra" about it ... over and above, say, the New Edge which I found close, but a tick below the Treet Classic. Extra? Coating? Stropping? Either way, it's that click above the New Edge and very much in the exact same ballpark as the Classic.

Now, whether "Super" is better or worse than "Extra", I don't yet know ... as "Super" is the further descriptor of the Treet Power. I'm sure it was wishful thinking when I mused mid-shave that the Tez (Extra) might be a click above the Classic, but no ... it's the same as the Classic. I'll have another shave with the other half of this blade tomorrow and leave it a short while before trying out the Power for comparison.

Sotd 05/03
Soap: wet the face Taboo
Splash : wet the face taboo
Brush: alpha T-400
Bowl: captains choice obsidian
Razor: Gillette Adjustable
Blade: Gillette platinum 1st use

Went for a another 3 pass shave this evening had a weeks worth of growth and decided to pack the fatboy in the wash bag for my holiday yeah first use of this razor and was a decent shave felt comfortable and also good in the hand paired with platinum worked really well also went for another wet the face soap this time I used Taboo and it had a pleasant scent I got a citrus scent from it and the splash also had a pleasant scent
1st pass setting 6
2nd pass setting 5
3rd pass setting 4
20220305_195819.jpg20220305_195843.jpg20220305_200002.jpg20220305_200047.jpg20220305_200240.jpg20220305_200253.jpg20220305_200307.jpg20220305_200327.jpg20220305_200346.jpg20220305_202116.jpg

Sun 6 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Silver Star Duridium 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Clubman VIBR
Very nice soap! Lovely bayrum scent with a nice creamy and slick lather...
This blade is really good and paired with the razor, became very efficient, quite comfortable but slightly less smooth going atg. 3passes for a bbs/dfs result but with 2-3 red spots. Bumps were not spared in this shave. The aftershaves were really nice.
20220306_124033.jpg

SOTD : 6th March 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D2)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'OREAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB./Milton Lloyd Cobalt EdT.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It's been a while since i last added the fine fresh vetiver soap to my soap rotation and forgot how good of a lather this soap gives in a short space of time.

Another wonderful performance from the Schick Type G injector....Every shave that I've had with this vintage injector has been close and comfortable. Today was no exception.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report... Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Cobalt EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom