SOTD : Saturday 4th June - Friday 10th June 2022.

C0A1ECD1-108A-494A-B7BB-E192C0C7EACF.jpeg
So I have been away from real wet shaving for the best part of a couple of years. I slipped in to cartridge and canned goop for ease of use. With a weeks holiday At home I decided to dig out some stuff from the back of the cupboard and have a bash at it again. I’m so glad I did, I have the bug again. This is shave number two after using my fatboy for the Platinum Jubilee shave. A very decent two pass nine out of ten shave.
Razor - Colonial Razors General with UFO Colibri handle.
Blade - Captain Titan Mild.
Brush - Unknown, I can’t remember when or where I got it. I think it’s synthetic but it’s great for face lathering.
Soap - Kathmandu by Tcheon Fung Sing. Very nice summer soap that doesn’t break the bank. Easy to lather and gives good glide.
Post shave - Cold water rinse followed by some cheap balm (I must get some better stuff).
After shave - Old Spice Original. This is the original formulation which I imported from India as they haven’t messed about with it. Smells like it did to me in the 1980’s.

Late shave last night, midnight.
Prep: shower.
Brush: Semogogue HD badger
Soap: SV Felce - applied direct onto face and lather built up.
Razor: Razorock Game changer 0.86
Blade: Tatra Platinum
ASB: None
AS: None
Moisturiser: Creave Moisturiser with hyluronic acid.
3 pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG)- no irritation, no soreness and no cuts.Amazed. The Tatra Platinum blade was the key- Id read many times in this forum that changing the brand of blade can change the feel of a razor but this was proof . I have a stash of Tatra's under the bed and have underestimated these blades ,but in the RR gamechanger they really shine. It was the closest shave this year. Still BBS/ DFS 10 hours later. Have a great day all .

05/06/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - Feather SS Scotch wood SCS - RSW
Blade - Feather Pro Guard (20)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 23 (2).JPG
20 and out for this ProGuard blade, a simple 2 pass shave for a BBS finish.
I do like the feel and look of the this version of the Feather SS shavette.
The Wickhams soaps always perform, producing a wonderful lather
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

AdP Cream
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
Timeless 95SB dimpled handle
Gillette Silver Blue #6
Institute Karinite ASB
Myrugia 1916 cologne

Finished off the shave cream will probably replace at a later date once I have used up another soap as well. The shave a little rough and a few weepers on my jaw line, don’t usually take the blade beyond five shaves.

5 June

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Duke 3
Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

4E43303B-B7D4-45C8-8583-94B025E9B74C.jpeg
An excellent Sunday shave. The ES Claymore put in a top performance this morning, two passes for a smooth face. I still can’t get a handle on the scent profile of the soap (putty keeps coming to mind), but, it does create great lather. The Bart’s Balm has a brilliant scent to compensate.

SOTD 05-June
20220604_133532.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25
Blade: GSB (1)

That was a bloomin good shave, 2 pass WTG/ATG. Fresh GSB (my initial go-to) in the newly received razor. Even at 1.25 to see the gap gives you second thoughts, but away I went. Fear unfounded it was remarkably smooth, though still gave plenty of audible feedback. First pass as good as any, was going to go for XTG but decided to skip it and jump to ATG. Again smooth with enough audio going on to let me know it was doing the job. Finished off with a very smooth finish. Happy days!

Now is this razor worth the cash in terms of performance, simple answer..no. You can get a lot of other razors that will perform just as well for a fraction of the price. Will this wipe out every other razor in my den, again the answer is no. Is it one of the nicest looking razors in the collection, a resounding yes!

So if you consider jumping for one of these because you think it is going to miraculously make your finishes better or that it might levitate and do the job for you, think again. If on the other hand you want something that looks great or you want to mark an occasion, then go nuts.

I have zero regrets, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Sotd 05/06
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: Master soap creations cherry freeze
Splash: Master soap creations cherry freeze
Alum bloc
Balm: arko unscented
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D
Blade: permasharp 1st use
Bowl: wet the face

Excellent shave this morning went for cherry freeze soap has a nice cherry scent and cool feeling to it great slickness and a nice dense lather too
20220605_121713.jpg20220605_122206.jpg

Sotd-05-06-22.png

Att alu Calypso - M plate
Treet Platinum (6?)
Simpson Case pure
Vie-Long Mentha
warm water
Brut a/s
Brut splash lotion.

Proper. Thanks to m'colleague @Palmolive fox and his post earlier reminding me that I picked up a bottle of the Brut splash-on for an irresistible price earlier in the week. The double Faberge dunt ahoy! Very much a case of 'et two Brut?' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. (Never laugh at your own jokes, it isn't a very endearing characteristic. I thought it was funny. I'll get me coat......) The Spanish soap is ideal for a warm day such as today. A bright minty scent that reminds of a handful of freshly crushed leaves destined for a mojito or two. Really top end shave and I think that I smell old-school fantastic - but I have yet to be in anybody's company so far. ;) Have a great day all - cheers - I.

Last edited:
View attachment 88954

Att alu Calypso - M plate
Treet Platinum (6?)
Simpson Case pure
Vie-Long Mentha
warm water
Brut a/s
Brush splash lotion.

Proper. Thanks to m'colleague @Palmolive fox and his post earlier reminding me that I picked up a bottle of the Brut splash-on for an irresistible price earlier in the week. The double Faberge dunt ahoy! Very much a case of 'et two Brut?' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. (Never laugh at your own jokes, it isn't a very endearing characteristic. I thought it was funny. I'll get me coat......) The Spanish soap is ideal for a warm day such as today. A bright minty scent that reminds of a handful of freshly crushed leaves destined for a mojito or two. Really top end shave and I think that I smell old-school fantastic - but I have yet to be in anybody's company so far. ;) Have a great day all - cheers - I.
Thanks for the shout Iain....After my shave this morning i've rekindled my love for the Brut duo attack!...Enjoy your Sunday, and have great coming week. Yours-Barry.

Sunday AM 2022-06-05
National Trails Day
nTfFqx4.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson Light Brigade (6)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)

There isn't much better than an original 17-4 with a great vintage blade over a wonderful soap lather. And the Canoe aftershave scent goes with that of the soap quite well.
7ntJbwl.jpg

SOTD: 5/6/22
View attachment 88960
▫️Edwin Jagger 3one6
▫️Wilkinson Sword London Bridge
▫️Pantarei Manchurian
▫️Ceramic shave bowl by Myth Arts
▫️Capra Insuriam Soap & Splash
Always a pleasure shaving with Signature Soaps, great cushion, slickness and excellent post shave
Thank you Les. Fantastic photo setup. Best Regards Brian

Today's wonderful bit of sink time which for a once in a lifetime comes with no theme. So it is themed 'Life and no theme'

20220605_154110.jpg

A no razor razor - Tatara Nodachi
A no blade blade - Polsilver Lodz
A no brush brush - Yaqi Dandelion
A no soap soap - Signature Soaps Valentia
A no moisturiser moisturiser - Botanics
Wot no scent!?

'And that my love concludes the shaving manual for 1924. Interesting?'

All I conclude from this shave is that I definitely need the Nodachi dark. What blindingly brilliant razors these Tatara's are. Full marks to the Signature Soaps Valentia and the yaqi for producing a face full of superb lather, and full marks to the Nodachi for taking it all off. End result being one superbly delivered shave with an exceptionally smooth finish. A great start to the week, or end of, depending where you sit on the what day of the week fence.
'What's a week?'

Here's wishing you all wonderful Monday and onwards and just to say, I love you all. But not as much as these

Back
Top Bottom